Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Rarity List (UPDATE 9/28/04)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe I just missed it, but there are 2 different RC helicopter games, the one you have listed titled RC Helicopter: Remote Control Simulation, and another titled RC STunt Copter

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's under R/C Stunt Copter, the first one in the R's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty cool!

Question. Is the Playstation done with? Is there any chance of any new licensed games coming out for it? I kinda hate having to keep downloading a listing every time a new game comes out.

I'm already through the meat of my Sega CD and Saturn phases. While I still go after them, I've really gotten into the PSX lately. Only a month and a half ago I had no PSX. Now after only 3 trips, I have over 60 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    So PSX has the largest library now, huh? And they are STILL releasing games for it, and probaly will at least till Christmas!

Someday, someone is going to assemble a complete collection and I'd offer my first born to meet that person and see it.
    If Kevin's list includes the to-be-released games, then I only need about 80 or so more and have the whole US library. You can see the shelf of games near the bottom of my snap shots at:

http://www.game-rave.com/features/room/index.html

Keep your first born, I'll just post huge pictures : )

Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is exactly the guide that I lacked the talent to do
    Great job Kevin!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This guide only lists games that have been released already, and there are certainly quite a few more games coming for the PSX. I could name five coming in the next couple months alone! As for companies, XS, Mud Duck, NewKidCo and Sony are all still making games, and there may be others. I would think that the PSX should start dying for good this summer; it will have been *9* years since release in September.

If you're waiting to print, give us a few more days; I'm taking in some of the suggestious here, plus I've added a few more cover variations, added notes when a game is available both in longbox and in jewel case, and noted games that came packaged with additional demo CD's, like Ridge Racer Type 4.

Jason, on your list of Longbox/Jewel Case games, I couldn't confirm the following as non-GH jewel case releases:
    bat 2
    doom
    johnny bazookatone
    jumping flash
    mortal kombat 3
    nba live 96
    nba shootout
    nfl gameday
    nhl faceoff
    rayman
    return fire
    ridge racer
    tekken
    wipeout

If you own any of those in non-GH jewels, let me know and I'll throw it in the list, otherwise I'll keep looking and try to confirm them.

Finally, a question at large: Triple Play 98. I had this listed as LB because everyone else seems to, but I'm pretty convinced now that it wasn't a longbox release. Anyone to prove me wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Off the top of my head:

bat 2 - Not sure
    doom - Not sure
    johnny bazookatone - Yes NON GH
    jumping flash - ?
    mortal kombat 3 - No GH at all, but I SWEAR I saw a JC a long time ago.
    nba live 96 - Double Jewel Case, No GH (that I am aware of)
    nba shootout - ?
    nfl gameday - ?
    nhl faceoff - ?
    rayman - YES GH, YES Non GH
    return fire - YES Non GH, Was a Doube Jewel Case
    ridge racer - Hm....dunno
    tekken - ?
    wipeout - Yes Non GH, and GH

And 98 has no long box that I am aware of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

http://www.game-rave.com/images/crash.jpg

That's the Shiny CTR on the right, next to the original. Hope that helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    http://www.game-rave.com/images/crash.jpg

That's the Shiny CTR on the right, next to the original. Hope that helps.
    Damn! That means I gotta buy both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Also, Kevin, if possible, could you keep track of what new games (not variations) you added to your list after the initial posting? I already printed it up and started crossing of games. Don't want to start all over again ^_^;;

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, no problem. Blockids is the only one, but I've added quite a few variations. I'll post the newer list in a few days once I have the last changes made.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One more Q: Thanks for the CTR pick, I've noted that. Do the lenticular covers you've noted for Spyro: RR, Spyro: YotD and Crash 3 also come in regular? Or is it like Fur Fighters on DC where the lenticular cover is attached to the top of all the jewel cases and, if not there, had simply been removed?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevincure
    Finally, a question at large: Triple Play 98. I had this listed as LB because everyone else seems to, but I'm pretty convinced now that it wasn't a longbox release. Anyone to prove me wrong?
    hey kev, ask tyler, i KNOW he had this game when him and I were in middle school as I went over and played it, and i remeber he had a ton of long box games... i think the first jewel case game he ever got was jet moto 1 or 2 i can't remember. I bet he would know...

-Josh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Both Spyro's were Chromium (Foil Covers like CTR and Spawn). The Lenticular covers were in two variants: Slip Sheet, and Cover Mold.

Jurassic Park: Lost World and Skull Monkeys have the Cover Mold Version, where the manual is printed with the trick and the cover itself has the Lenticular mold. If One is seperated from the other, you'll have a weird cover, or a bizarre looking manual.

The Two Crash games were slip covers: Pieces of Cardboard that went inbetween the manual and the jewel case. You could remove the Slip Sheet and still have a full fledged manual (with normal cover) and never know the difference.

Also of note, from working on the list earlier:

- Extreme Pinball did have a Long Box version, no mention of it in the guide.

- Contra: Legacy of War had two different printing formats. The original was double jewel case, with the 3D Glasses. The second, later printing was single jewel case without the 3D Glasses. You can tell if a DOuble JC has been hacked into a single JC version by way of the Spine Writing. The Double has "Contra" and "legacy of War" on opposite spines, while the Jewel Case had the whole title.

I've seen a couple of single JC's with just the bottom part of the DJC on there. Collector's beware!

Jason

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I wasn't clear on the Spyro question (this applies for Spyro 2, Spyro 3, Crash 3, Skullmonkeys and Lost World): do they come in BOTH a lenticular/chrome version and a non-chrome/lenticular version (like Spawn) or are they only in the lenticular/chrome version?

I also added Timeless Jade Trade to the Lightspan list. Now 82 Lightspan games; I think I have everything, though I've heard there are Math on the Move Add/Sub and Mult/Div Intermediate, and all I have listed are

Math on the Move Add/Sub
    Math on the Move Mult/Div
    " " Add/Sub Advanced
    " " Mult/Div Advanced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn. My Lost World is the "Greatest Hits" version so it's a plain paper manual.. I guess. Oh well. Stupid Money-Saving-Ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't want to sound picky. This is just a heads up but I think you mixed up the descriptions of Lunar and Lunar 2.

Great job on the list.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Ahhhhhhhh finally i found the board..........
    I was turned on here by DangEr Boy (theres no E in the GameFAQS Dangrboy but ill get useto fixing it here LoL)
    Being the #3 active PSOne game hunter on GameFAQS ive stumbled into a few things that your utterly amazing list is missing (shock of shocks cause this it freaking complete) You do my Anality justice.....

Armored Core : There are 2 and possibly 3 cover variations of the game... Sony released the game originally, and then Agetec RE-released the game when they pushed AC2 for the PS2... When that happened i coulda sworn that there was a version with a starburst printed on it (think yellow burst saying relreleased) and then in a GameStop yesterday (with your list in hand) i did confirm that there was another version of the game (this should be #3) Just released by Agetec as the only cover difference (well that and the fact that it now has a SLUS# instead of a SCUS#) everything else at least on the front and back covers was the same... (though i forgot to check the UPC codes).

Syphon Filter 3: I was in a GameStop about a year ago and i saw a different cover showing the hero and it had a background with the american flag.... Ive only seen it once, and what the exact pose was, i cant recall, however there is a variation, of that im sure ( i remember thinking long about buying it, but didnt because of price).

Dance Dance Revolution: This was released by Konami with a Dance Pad and game bundled together for either 49 or 59 when it was retail.

Do we care about Disc art variations as well?? The Tetris Plus GH versions have Disc Art that mirrors the logo on sed manual.... and saying that, doesnt the disc art go to black/white (or some other lite color like a lavender) for most all the Fighters Edge games if there is a variant "regular" cover.....

On a side note, the Alternate covers (ie Spyro and Crash) those are just Lenticular card inserts..... not actually part of the manual, and the Crossed sabre's for SW: Jedi Power Battles is just a card insert..... I dont know if that matters....

here's a question, My Lost World, The: Jurassic Park has a lenticular jewel case (to give the cover a 3d apperance) and its the original release, did later releases before the GH version come out without that option, and the same goes for Skull Monkies... was there a second release for that game too without the 3D capabilities of the cover?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Papastu, thanks for the help.

I do know of the "Just Re-releaesed" in a starburst with the AgeTec logo and original Sony Armored Core covers, but I've never seen a third variation. Do you have a pic or can you confirm/describe that in person?

As for Syphon 3, half.com and a few other places use that exact cover variation, but I've *never* seen it in person on an actual manual, so I think the one you saw might be a printout (like the chains sometimes do with lost covers - like the "Gran Turismo 2000" I saw at Gamestop the other day. Are you sure that was the actual manual? Can anyone else here confirm the variation?

DDR - yep, got that. I'm actually wondering about two other pack-ins and want to know if you seen them: Reel Fishing II w/ rod and lethal enforcers w/ pack-in gun. Ever see these?

On the lenticular covers and SW Jedi variation - these games were released *without* the lenticular, right?

For disc variations, I note them when there are disc variations but not cover variations. If the disc variation only matches the cover variation, I left it out. If you know of any variations in the first category that are missing, please post them!

As for Lost World and Skullmonkeys, as far as I know, they were only in that lentic/chrome cover. We've confirmed Spawn and Crash Team Racing with both lentic and normal, and also believe Spyro 2, Spyro 3, Crash 2, Crash Warped have both. If you see them in another manner, please let me know.

I don't know if you collect demos, but if you could run through the demos at the end of the list and see if we're missing any, that would be greatly appreciated.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

OK, im gonna clear up these cover issues as best as physically possible.....
    take into account that there are regular "paper" versions of all of these besides the alternate versions

:::Paper add-ins::::
    SW:Jedi Power Battles

:::Chromium Covers:::
    Spawn: The Eternal

:::Foil Covers:::
    Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
    CTR (Crash Team Racing)

::::Lenticular add in:::
    Spyro: Year of the Dragon
    Crash 2
    Crash 3

:::Lenticular as part of case::::: (i dont know about regular paper versions of these)
    SkullMonkeys
    Lost World Jurassic Park

In regards to Syphon Filter 3: I can confirm, it looked as real as real, it didnt look like one of those lame color scan replacements... but like i said it was a year ago

I can confirm the 3rd Armored Core variant then.... Go grab your regular Sony produced Armored Core (the one with the SCUS# 94182 number) The Agetec version is EXACTLY the same EXCEPT for the logo in the front now says Agetec instead of Sony... the back insert is verbatum to the original one, the ad on the inside of the manual is differnt too (hell ill go pick one up today and give you the details a little later)

Ive seen a Reel Fishing II bundle before in the stores... (Circuit City 2 years? ago) i dont remember much about it, cause i wasnt crazy hunting games then...but i do remember one.... I ve seen a pic of the Lethal Enforcers box in what was someones collection, but ive never seen one in person (It had to come that way, cause the game is only compatable with The Enforcer gun... not a Guncon)

Im not a big Demo person, (i use to throw them away) but ill give it a whirl... i can show that to someone who probably does know and ill see what he says...