Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Rarity List (UPDATE 9/28/04)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Syphon FIlter alternate cover (The one with the flag, etc) was never produced. The inserts on the case were promotional inserts companies sent to stores to use before the game comes out. We get them all the time for the DVD cases, sometimes the exact final insert, barcode and all. Considering the Game was released 2 months after September 11th (almost to the day) I'm sure Sony wanted to avoid any and all possible controversies. See also Spider-Man PSX re-release censoring and MGS2 PS2 censoring.

It's possible someone used the promtional inserts to 'complete' a game. I've done it with N64 games and the cardboard display boxes. If it was a "New" game, than that was quite possibly the only one. Ever.

The Lethal Enforcers was never packaged with the Justifier. The Justifier *did* advertise LE, Area 51, Die Hard, and one other game on its box though. The Japanese version did have Project Horned Owl (the original PSX Light gun game) packaged with the Gun, however.

I don't think the Reel Fishing II rod package was an actual SLUS style release (like Bass Landing was)...I'm pretty sure that was a third party accessory company deal with it. Interact did a similar job with DC Sega Marine Fishing and their DC rod.

Jason

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

your probably right about the Reel Fishing 2 Dangerboy...... sounds like something that CC could do...

The Syphon Filter "probable" insert looked real, and all... (yeah the Half.com one is what i remember for it) but it was long enough ago as well that i dont remember if it had one of those Ratings Pending ratings on it and that would be the dead giveaway to legitmacy.... But i do remember that it did have printing on both sides and everything (and i remember that the instruction manual was the same as the regular SF3) oh well, just something for me to keep an eye out for... ill drop it until i can actually prove otherwise....

temporarily out of money, so i didnt pick up Armored Core today, ill try and get it in the next few days...

marked my games off on your list... makes me feel like the almost 400 games that ive got are actually 15....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

400? Dude, you're a 1/3 way home! Be proud! not many people can make that claim!

Also, note that even the 'coming soon' inserts will sometimes be the real retail version and have the full ratings/sku's etc. In fact, Microsoft goes to far as to even shrinkwrap the empty display cases, with the real insert in the case. When I first opened the shipment box, I thought we had been screwed out of games!

Also, I don't know if I mentioned in in the other forums, but I realized something very sad and pathetic once I hit the 100% complete mark in the PSX library:

I will be one of the few, if only people who could catalog the entire list of "Created monsters" for the Monster Rancher games.

Resume fetal position on floor...so cold...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

We all have to much time on our hands..... you can read about my recent gain and loss of Mortal Kombat Trilogy yesterday over on the FAQS board...... im not a happy camper.... Anyways im currently sitting at 394 games, and for my anniversary i hope to pull something sweet out of the air for PSOne game 400..... Im thinking about making Monster Rancher Card Battle 2 my new 395...

Yeah confirmed yet again there are 3 Armored Core covers... i didnt buy it yesterday, cause they were charging 29 for a new one at the EB i was at....I forgot to ask about seeing the game to see if the disc art was different... any other stuff i should be looking for in the hunt besides the "built In Lenticular covers?" or any other possible flashy covers for the games???? What about the Working Designs covers for freaking almost everything except the boxed collections, were they flashy only????? Or did they release a different unshiny cover to mess with us as much as they did different Disc Art.....

Il'll be moving, so i might not have my computer up for the next day or so, but ill be back online as soon as the computer gods let me be.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Working Designs usually only makes one print run (excluding Lunar: Fan Edition), so their foil/chromium/really freaking shiny covers are the only versions that exist. Their too busy dropping CD cover variants into the printer to care about alternate covers.

Speaking of which, they seem to have disappeared off the radar.

Jason
    picked up Jigsaw...Madness? Too lazy to check name

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jigsaw Madness is the one.

Playstation Guide UPDATED 2/4/04. It should now include:
    All current PSX NTSC U releases, rarities, prices, greatest hits, longbox, collector's editions, multi-disc notes, longbox also available as jewel case notes, double jewel case notes, alternate cover notes, official packages (w/ light guns, dance mats, etc.), lightspan titles and box sets.

I have also added any known "pack-ins" related to the game, such as demo discs, maps, memory card stickers, posters, etc.. I am sure there are more of these not yet noted, so please let me know if you know of any missing. I also added in a list of known demo discs; I have 231 listed, but there are certainly more than I am missing, so let me know on these too.

This should be all I'll have on this list. The DP Guide list will have all the publisher, developer and game content info that you're looking for, but this should work while we wait for it to be finished.

Peace,
    Kevin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

now im all curious about these lightspan titles, where is there anyplace that has them, minus raiding ebay for them individually???? Do i need to break into some school and steal their poor PSOne games, i dont know if i could live with myself if i do that.... LoL

Kevin: Did you ever compare your prices and rarity listings to the ones here on digitalpress??? cause i downloaded that pdf too, and its prices seemed a little more standard as to what ive seen, cause honestly i dont see all that many 3 buck games in the wild, though the ones i have been seeing that are quirky ive been snatchin up for some strange reason......just a thought..... their list seems moderatly complete as is urs and wouldnt be a bad cross reference as to what you've compiled, cause more data never hurts......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightspan Games are only really available to Schools and Libraries. I tried e-mailing the company to purchase them directly and got shot down faster than Val Kilmer at a Batman convention. Ocasionally you'll get people selling the box sets on eBay as well, but those go for some chunks of change.

Time to find a teacher / librarian friend...

Jason

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can buy Lightspan direct; just claim you're a home school parent and were thinking about getting Lightspan for a group of home school kids in the area. The box sets on ebay tend to go for like 4-5 bucks a game, which isn't bad at all compared to the 5-10 bucks they sell for individually.

Papastu, my list was originally made because I sell on ebay, so the prices should reflect lower end ebay prices. With a system like Playstation, I think ebay gives a truer market price than the wild because most used PSX games are sold by two companies (EB and Software Etc.) that use their market power to extract higher prices (nothing nefarious about it; it simply means that they're willing to let a game like "Off World Interceptor Extreme" sit on the shelf for a year at 10 bucks waiting for a customer rather than try to move it quickly at the 2 bucks that is the market equilibrium). I think you have a tough time, independently, selling a game for more than the prices in my list.

Also, most of the 1-2 dollar games listed are sports/racing games, which I see in the wild relatively regularly at the price. The PSX is strange in the the wild is sometimes more expensive than the internet - the best way to build up a quick PSX collection is to buy some of the big lots of commons on ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Too true..... (about them buck sports titles) of which i wont really add them to my collection... i just cant bring myself to do it

I Think ill have my teacher mother try and contact lightspan to snag me a cool 83 games hEh....

Now that i think about it, your right about most of those titles, not pulling a huge value anymore.... except from some crazy suckers....of which i can be included... So do you actually collect too, or is this soley for ebay.....

Whens ur new update out?

Does anyone remember a variant version of Tiny Tank? Now that i just picked up a copy i coulda sworn that there was a lenticular version or something... anyone else remember anything??

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wipeout had 2 different covers on the long box release.

The first one is this:

That was the initial release of Wip3out in the US. Initial sales were slow though and the marketing dept decided to "revamp" the box with an image considered "more appealing" to the US consumer and the box image you see next was created.

For awhile it was simply a slipcover that went over the original box and when the original run of boxes were used up, then boxes with the new art printed directly were made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as Spyro, Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 go, it seems as though there may be some doubts about what covers were available.

I bought these new, the week that they originally came out (my wife loves them), so I know that they're legit.

Spyro - no foil/chrome at all

Spyro 2 - foil/chrome manual

Spyro 3 - no foil/chrome at all

Hope this helps.

Steve
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

Kevin,

Here are the demo/kiosk discs that I have that I didn't see listed:

Interactive Sampler Disc Vol. 11 SCUS-94463

Playstation Demo Disc (no version # or date) SCUS-94483
    In slipsleeve with 14 demos copyright 1999

Playstation Demo Disc (no version # or date) SCUS-94497
    Shrinkwrapped on plain card copyright 1999

Playstation Demo Disc version 1.15 SCUS-94619
    In slipsleeve with 10 demos, 4 videos copyright 2000

X-Men Mutant Academy SLUS-81223
    Plain slipsleeve with a printed label; disc says "SAMPLE DISC ONLY NOT FOR RESALE" and has official logo and NTSC U/C

Gran Turismo 2 Demo - not for resale SCUS-94493
    In plain window-style slipsleeve

Crash Team Racing SCUS-94459 copyright 1999
    (disc only)

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys, changes noted. Does anyone have a photo of the Wipeout cover variation (the non-grey one) that's not simply the slip cover variation (that is, printed on the box)? I've seen the gray box and the slipcover, but haven't seen that third variation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey Guys,

This should go in the other forum but I thought I'd celebrate here:

Picked up Army Men: World War - Team Assault and DDR Konamimix tonight.

DDR is my official 1200th US PSX Game

We're at the 73 to go mark! Yay!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    Hey Guys,

This should go in the other forum but I thought I'd celebrate here:

Picked up Army Men: World War - Team Assault and DDR Konamimix tonight.

DDR is my official 1200th US PSX Game

We're at the 73 to go mark! Yay!
    Damn. i'm happy with 55 PS games ( Including JAP and European )
    Still a long way to go for me :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Board went kinda dead, but i think that i just found a new variation for your lists....
    A Bugs Life now has 3 releases..
    the original SCUS 94288
    The GH release ( i dont know if its a SCUS or SLUS)
    the Take 2 Interactive release SLUS 01538 as a NON GH title the Disc art is the same as the original release just with Take 2's info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I remember spotting Take 2's logo on something else that wasn't theirs...

ugh...

Jason

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bug's life verified and noted. Take 2's site didn't list it or any other non-Take2 games, but let me know if you notice any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Reading the advertisment on the back of the manual it appears that they are also going to be Re-releasing Tarzan....Though last i checked it was published by Disney Interactive... and this was an ad for Take2...

Has anyone seen the new Disney Collectors Edition 3 pack? I forgot to check to see who was responsible for the republishing of it... Maybe Take2 did that one too...