Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy has become Charlie's Angels

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Final Fantasy has become Charlie's Angels

I look at Final Fantasy X-2 and that is what I see. It is a good game, but I still liked it better when the main character what a dude.
    N1 Video Games

^ My gaming website

Systems I own:
    PS2, PSX, 3DO, SNES, NES, Genesis, 32X, Atari 2600, Saturn, VIC-20, C64, Odyssey 300, Pong Sports IV, N64, GBA, TRS-80 CoCo 2.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I look at FFX-2 (and FFX) and see trash personally. The series has gone steadily downhill since 7, with an extremely drastic plunge that was X. I doubt XII will be any better.

Seriously, the story is X is so terrible is not even funny. It's something a bunch of intoxicated middle schoolers could cook up for their english class.

And lets not forget how terribly bland the character designs have become after they stopped using Amano.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, they shouldn't have gotten rid of Amano. He was the best.
    N1 Video Games

^ My gaming website

Systems I own:
    PS2, PSX, 3DO, SNES, NES, Genesis, 32X, Atari 2600, Saturn, VIC-20, C64, Odyssey 300, Pong Sports IV, N64, GBA, TRS-80 CoCo 2.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, you're playing a game with a bunch of pretty girls in it? That's so gay.

I'm enjoying FFX-2. I like getting to know Spira better, the music is nice, and the mini-games are quite fun. I do wish Amano would come back. Tetsuya Nomura just isn't the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes, but they certainly are snazzy dressers.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, but I'd rather see games that have better stories than scampily dressed woman...not that I don't like that. Anyway, did you see the hero in FFXII. Jesus he looks like such a fag.
    N1 Video Games

^ My gaming website

Systems I own:

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

There's WAY too little information on XII to really be able to pass judgement on it at this point.

But if you want a funny pic, check out the latest update on Kid Fenris's website.

I've said it before, but I don't mind saying it again -- story is one of the main reasons I play RPG's, and I think IV, VI, and VIII had the best stories of all the games in the series. However, plots are HIGHLY subjective.

I don't expect much plot in Crystal Chronicles, to be honest, but I still pre-ordered it.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    I've said it before, but I don't mind saying it again -- story is one of the main reasons I play RPG's, and I think IV, VI, and VIII had the best stories of all the games in the series. However, plots are HIGHLY subjective.

I don't expect much plot in Crystal Chronicles, to be honest, but I still pre-ordered it.
    Screw plot for FF:CC. I saw multiplayer hack and slash, and all I could think of was Secret of Mana. A few minutes later, I came to. Can't wait. Already got three players (myself included) with GBAs ready to go.

IV and VI had the best plots. VIII's characters made me ill. Was there a good plot there? Couldn't tell ya.

dave

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §
    Wow, there's someone who needs to be put to sleep.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    IV and VI had the best plots. VIII's characters made me ill. Was there a good plot there? Couldn't tell ya.

dave
    Agreed there.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played Final Fantasy X-2 for approximately 1:12.

After that I really could not take the sickening pop-star look/fell of the game.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Well, I'm one of the die hard supporters of 8, so you won't get me to budge there.....I actually thought 7 had a bad plot -- too confusing, no overall focus, and other problems. For a online game, 11 has some nice missions and everything ties together in the end.

CC is hack and slash? Oh boy -- it's finally happened. I've become so much of a FF fan I'll buy ANYTHING that has it's name in it!
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Well, I'm one of the die hard supporters of 8, so you won't get me to budge there.....I actually thought 7 had a bad plot -- too confusing, no overall focus, and other problems. For a online game, 11 has some nice missions and everything ties together in the end.

CC is hack and slash? Oh boy -- it's finally happened. I've become so much of a FF fan I'll buy ANYTHING that has it's name in it!
    I don't know they haven't come out with FF GTC (Final Fantasy Grand Theft Chocobo)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I guess you could say I'm jaded by FF8. I personally can't stand the game, and the characters were about as deep as a puddle. I don't really remember why I hate it, as I played all the way through it back when it launched... and I had been furiously awaiting it beforehand. I had a massive website dedicated to the game, and I even started writing a faq as I went through the game. At some point I just said "hrm, this game really wasn't very good. I killed the end boss in 2 rounds, and all the sidequests (not to mention the card game) were incredibly bland."

Maybe some of you saw it, back on geoshitties. It was simply Brian's Final Fantasy VIII Website. Something happened (I have no idea what, as I was never informed) somtime after I stopped updating the site, removed my email address and vehemently denounced the game. I went back to it probably 3 months after my final update and it was gone... I sent a few emails wondering where it went, and even today I can't sign up for webspace with that email address. Never heard anything back, oh well.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Odd, every time I see the commercial for X-2 I feel the urge to go buy it. I see the Yuna-singing/party fighting montage and I'm all "Coooooooooool. Muuuuuuust Buuuuuuuuy. Thiiiiiiiiis iiiiiiiiiis a zooooooombiiiiieeeeee voooooiiiiiiice"

If anyone hates their copy of X-2, I will happily take the demon seed off your hands

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG
    Odd, every time I see the commercial for X-2 I feel the urge to go buy it. I see the Yuna-singing/party fighting montage and I'm all "Coooooooooool. Muuuuuuust Buuuuuuuuy. Thiiiiiiiiis iiiiiiiiiis a zooooooombiiiiieeeeee voooooiiiiiiice"

If anyone hates their copy of X-2, I will happily take the demon seed off your hands

-AG
    It isn't that bad of a game . Plus it costs me $50. I'm not going to just give it away
    N1 Video Games

^ My gaming website

Systems I own:

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*** Blackjax dons flame-retardant suit

I like FFX-2. I like FFX, and VII.

Actually... there's only one Final Fantasy that I hated... and absolutely hated. Final Fantasy III(us)/VI(jp)

For the life of me, no matter what anyone says (and believe me I've heard all the arguments), I just don't understand why everyone thinks this is the best game of all time. There was maybe 6 hours of plot in the World of Light, and maybe another hour or so of plot in the World of Ruin. Everything else in the game was dedicated to an insane ammount of leveling up - more than even Final Fantasy I. Everyone I've ever talked to that has played the game (and for the record, they all loved it - I seem to be the only person in the world to hate this game) admit that 90% of the time that they played the game was spent in the Dinosaur Forest in the World of Ruin, trying to level up characters and to learn magic from the espers that were equipped.

I guess the most irritating thing to me is that the most often cited reason that people hated FFVII was the materia system. Exactly how is this different than the Esper system?

I dunno. Just go ahead and flame me, but I hated FFVI/US III

Join the Konami All Stars and get FREE stuff!

Visit the Prototype Archive - System Failure - A really old backup.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked FF3(US) but my all time favorite is still FF2(US)

Yes you spend alot of time leveling up in FF3 advanceing in level buy fighting is the heart of almost all RPG's. You also had alot more characters than the past Final Fantasy games to level up.

The thing i disliked abought the materia system in FFXII and VIII was that it was too powerfull. Every one in FFVII ends up being a summoner chaincasting Knights of the round. In FF3 the espers were powerfull but the had more limited use, so the classes in the game were still important.

Also the materia animations while very nice were way too long for my taste. Seing Ifrit the first time in FF8 was awsome. Seing him for the 1000th time in a row just got old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp Mcfury
    I liked FF3(US) but my all time favorite is still FF2(US).
    Likewise. Although I think FF3 has a stronger overall charm of a videogame. The music, areas, characters, battles were all just more... quaint. FF2>FF3 anyday, but I still got more than my share of enjoyment out of FF3. If you go back and play through with the SNES game genie code to get all your characters to level 99 instantly, it becomes a much more enjoyable game