Thread: Killer 7 No Longer GC Exclusive

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Killer 7 No Longer GC Exclusive

Magicbox reports:

Capcom announced they will release a PlayStation 2 version of Killer 7 in Japan and US this winter, the game was previously exclusive to GameCube, now it is coming to both platforms simultaneously.

source:
    http://come.to/magicbox

I am still pretty interested in how this game turns out. It has a unique grapihcal style, and has some potential.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I wonder if Capcom is regretting their exclusivity deal with Nintendo to some extent? To be fair though, theirs are some of the only third party GCN games that seem to sell (save for EA, whom I could care less for, but certainly move product). It's a good financial move for Capcom most likely, because as little hype as has been given to this title, it's got "sleeper" written all over it, although that could change in the coming months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait for this game to come out. I hope it is a sleeper, soemwhat like Viewtiful Joe was for Capcom. I have been a huge Capcom fan since Yo Noid for the NES. I wonder when they are going to make a sequel to that?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just read on ign.com that capcom is gonna expand. They want to move to 10% of the gaming market...and tackle the USA as well as Europe more...so we will see more kick ass capcom games around

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

N/A

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coming out on the PS2 make no difference to me. I will still get it for the Cube. To bad it is not on the X-Box.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon
    I can't wait for this game to come out. I hope it is a sleeper, soemwhat like Viewtiful Joe was for Capcom. I have been a huge Capcom fan since Yo Noid for the NES. I wonder when they are going to make a sequel to that?
    I really should just research this, but I'm being a lazy bastard, so -- wasn't Yo! Noid essentially a graphic hack of a pretty decent Famicom game?

-- Z.
    That was my understanding. Actually, the game Yo! Noid was based on was a lot better... instead of a dopey Claymation villain (not cool!), you played a ninja and his pet falcon (cool!).

Of course, localization isn't always a harsh mistress... I'd rather play Totally Rad than its Japanese counterpart, Magic John. Although the game itself wasn't great, I liked being able to play as a thinly veiled clone of Keanu Reeves. What can I say? I'm a child of the 80's.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko
    Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon
    I really should just research this, but I'm being a lazy bastard, so -- wasn't Yo! Noid essentially a graphic hack of a pretty decent Famicom game?

-- Z.
    That was my understanding. Actually, the game Yo! Noid was based on was a lot better... instead of a dopey Claymation villain (not cool!), you played a ninja and his pet falcon (cool!).

Of course, localization isn't always a harsh mistress... I'd rather play Totally Rad than its Japanese counterpart, Magic John. Although the game itself wasn't great, I liked being able to play as a thinly veiled clone of Keanu Reeves. What can I say? I'm a child of the 80's.

JR
    The Japanese version of Yo Noid is called "Kamen no Ninja - Hanamaru". The main character kind of reminds of Radd Spencer from Bionic Commando.

Yes Totally Rad is a lot better than Magic John. Magic John had a more generic story, but the localizer of Jaleco made all the dialog into cheesy 80's surfy lingo, which made the plot from generically boring, to laughably corny.

Shih Tzu made a page documenting the changes:

http://www.flammie.net/vse/things/rad/index.htm