Thread: Value Village 50% Off Day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Value Village 50% Off Day

For those of you in Canada (I believe Savers in the states is the equivalent.. so it might be there too) Feb 2 is 50 percent off day.
    I can't freaking wait. Odds are I'll probally find only one thing actually worth buying, but I intend to stock up on $2 nes consoles and $3 sega consoles.
    Along with bundles of cords and controllers.

I may be the first person to line up outside a thrift and wait for it to open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a very unpleasant VV 50% day story. It so bad, that I will never go back on 50% day ever again. I'll paste it in from another forum.

I hit the local VV's and Goodwills as regular as possible. (got a boxed TI-99 today for $6.99). They do get picked regular by others though. Got snaked by my nemesis on half price day at VV yesterday. HUGE crowds. Couldn't get even near the showcase where the game carts are (Had a Saturn in there, 20+ NES carts, 2NES's and more) but could see the booty. Got in line at the till with the showcase, Waited in line 30 minutes. Got 4 from the showcase, and some ASS calls the cashier by name, she drops everything, gets him a box, and he proceeds to empty the showcase !! I speak up that I'm waiting for that stuff, and he just LAUGHS at me! The cashier says I can come over and look, but it's already stripped! She says he's a "regular", and shrugs. He even takes the showcase stuff (in his box) around the store with him! They won't let showcase stuff out of their hands when I want something! before this 'laughing guy' walks away, I ask him if I could at least have the Saturn. He smiles, and say's sorry. Walks away.

I'll remember his face. I don't know this guy, but I do know the major game dealers (flea guys, Microplay owner, independent game store owners) in town. I will bump into him again. I hope he needs something from me one day... He got that round buttoned Saturn deck for $8CDN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've gone to the Value Village near me several times, and I never found anything video game related.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

weird, our value villages here are all half off every saturday and sunday. during the week it rotates between all clothes half off, and then everything else half off. so basically, everyday is half off day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

omnedon, that's harsh.

Went a few horus ago... ended up spending like $40 after the half off. Didnt really get much, 2 nes games, a bunch of gg games, 2 sgea consoles and a bunch of controllers I've never seen before for nes / genny. Plus other misc crap. I was in a rush because I have class so I grabbed anything that looked interesting.
    Also picked up a origional copy of MS Flight Sim and a complete set of beanie baby trading cards. lol

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

I always go to VV the day before their sales... otherwise, by 8:00 am or so, the store is completely swarmed by senior citizens and mennonites.

Their prices are pretty fair even without sales... all I managed to find yesterday were a small stack of magazines... but I did manage to pick up a copy of Konami's Arcade Advanced for $15 at Superstore on the same day.

--Zero