Thread: "Custom Playstation Edition"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "Custom Playstation Edition"

I have two games that bear this message.

DOOM and Star Wars: Dark Forces.

Were there more? Basically, it looks like they'd all just be ports of PC games made better.

If there are more, I must collect them all. If there are only two, then... I'm done! Ta da!

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but Descent Maximum was supposed to be a port of the PC Descent 2. That idea was scrapped and brand new levels were made for this PSX version instead. I don't think it has the "Custom Playstation Edition" label though.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I'm looking for ones that do have a label saying it. But now that you mention it, I wish I hadn't turned down that Long Box Descent I saw at the Mall a month ago. (I passed it up because they had NOTHING else I wanted and I didn't wanna look silly buying one old PSX game.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I wanted and I didn't wanna look silly buying one old PSX game
    You're going to have a hard time collecting if you constantly worry about looking silly. Stores sell games becaue they want your money, not to make you look stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man never be ashamed of one old psx game purchase, I do it all the time! Heck, I was even prouder bringing up my selection that included Barbie's Adventure. Clerk gave me a raised eye brow. I love having no shame

Also, if you're collecting the 'PSX Exclusive' type labelled ones, you techincally need to get the Jurassic Park: Lost World - Special Edition GH. Was exclusive upgrade to PSX that had an extra level and let you play as one of the dinosaurs.

Or not ^^

Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    You're going to have a hard time collecting if you constantly worry about looking silly. Stores sell games becaue they want your money, not to make you look stupid.
    Yeah. I'm sure they were really excited about the whole $4 - 10% + Tax that would have brought them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    Man never be ashamed of one old psx game purchase, I do it all the time! Heck, I was even prouder bringing up my selection that included Barbie's Adventure. Clerk gave me a raised eye brow. I love having no shame
    I got some of those looks when buying some games. But didn't get any strange looks when I picked up "Hooters: Road Trip". Hmm....

Also, if you're collecting the 'PSX Exclusive' type labelled ones, you techincally need to get the Jurassic Park: Lost World - Special Edition GH. Was exclusive upgrade to PSX that had an extra level and let you play as one of the dinosaurs.

:P

That one was easy. (Didn't know it was customized. Just wanted it to go with all my other JP games.) And it's Complete. In Perfect shape. Barely used. $5. Now if only EB didn't have to cover their games with those damn stickers. (Why not take a lesson from GS and put the cases out and the discs away in a drawer?)

YOu know.. that does sound like a good idea.

What games besides DOOM, Dark Forces and Jurassic Park came in customized PSX versions?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Now if only EB didn't have to cover their games with those damn stickers. (Why not take a lesson from GS and put the cases out and the discs away in a drawer?)
    Actually, EB does put their games in drawers (Or at least they do at mine), but the still sticker the hell out of cases. Sickens me, it does. But KB Toys is a whole other story

Now, on topic. You might be better off searching for a list of all PS1 games that are PC ports and then narrowing it from there. Just a thought.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek
    Now if only EB didn't have to cover their games with those damn stickers. (Why not take a lesson from GS and put the cases out and the discs away in a drawer?)
    Actually, EB does put their games in drawers (Or at least they do at mine), but the still sticker the hell out of cases. Sickens me, it does. But KB Toys is a whole other story
    Actually, mine (Both of them) put NEWER games in drawers. (At least the floor copy. The rest are like GS, kept brand new unopened in the glass case.) But older games like PSX and DC games aren't worthy enough to be kept separate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah. I'm sure they were really excited about the whole $4 - 10% + Tax that would have brought them.
    If they didn't want your money, they wouldn't sell the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they didn't want your money, they wouldn't sell the item.
    Well, the whole two dollars profit they would have made on the game wouldn't make up for having to search through the drawer to find the game disc. Besides.. I didn't feel comfortable in that store. It was in the Mall and was a very small cramped filled with people store. I'd have to wait in line just for this one game which I'll probably find elsewhere later on. Plus, no manual. Not worth my time IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^ Very much understood and agreed with.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the PS game doesn't have a manual, then I wouldn't buy it either. But I wouldn't worry about how it looks to only buy one game for an old system.

I think that Mechwarrior 2 was also a "Custom Playstation Edition" or something like that. Which would make sense, since it's another port of a PC game.

Note, however, that neither Quake II nor MDK are custom or special or whatever.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: "Custom Playstation Edition"

Were there more? Basically, it looks like they'd all just be ports of PC games made better.

If there are more, I must collect them all. If there are only two, then... I'm done! Ta da!
    and someday son.. you will actually play them!
    Lead, Follow , or get the F*** out of my way !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: "Custom Playstation Edition"

Quote Originally Posted by hu6800

and someday son.. you will actually play them!
    Oh, I've already played both. And I've beaten DOOM. From start to finish on Normal. The third skill. 'Twas fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I remember right, Diablo is another one. It has exclusive 2-player cop-op. It is a pc port as well, but I am almost completely sure that is one too.

That actually sounds like a cool thing to collect, it actually makes me want to start up with the Saturn games like that. Do you know any of those?