Thread: What the hell IS this stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What the hell IS this stuff?

Ok, as some of you may have seen HERE, I got a ton of stuff in a great find today. However, some of it I have NO idea what it's worth and other bits I have no idea what they are at all. Most notably, 3 of the Saturn RAM carts, the HK Famicom unit, the Saturn VCD card, the Doctor SF, the System 2.1 PCE card, and the Datach DBZ card scanner/game. I have no idea what these items are worth, but I'm guessing the boxed NM HK Famicom is worth at least $100 and I KNOW the System 2.1 card isn't worth the $100 that the DP guide lists it at Any help would be appreciated!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yeah...I was also really curious about the Tokyo Game Show '98 Autumn VCD/CD Street Fighter III teaser disc. I don't know for sure if it's Saturn or what...but I'm curious what it might be worth too. It's disc only and a bit scuffed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: What the hell IS this stuff?

I'm not going to comment on the HK Famicom unit 'cuz I want one :)

The Datach Joint ROM system sells - sealed - for just about nothing on Yahoo! Auctions Japan, and I see lots on eBay that nobody buys (even though they're asking only around $40 for them). I'd say that if I was buying one, I'd pay no more than $25-$35 for it. Depends on the cards you've got for it, of course. At least it looks like it's in good shape -- that helps.

The Doctor SF, of course, should be worth a ton to the right person. Maybe all you paid for the lot, in fact.

I can't tell you all of what's in that PCE lot, but I think you've got the Extender unit for the SuperGrafx so you can play CD-ROM games on it! That is very nice.

Daimakiamura (the PC-E game with a cardboard sleeve) was a game I bought for $45, but it's worth about $20-$30.

I think that Saturn VCD card should be worth around $50 as I vaguely remember reading something at Assembler about it, but I can't say for sure. I believe the different Saturn VCD cards have different capabilities, so it depends on which one you've got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I know what the Supergrafx and the RAU-30 unit are worth. Same with Daimakamura. I'm only wondering about the other stuff I asked about. Didn't know the cards mattered on the Datach unit though. The cards with it aren't mint but there's a good 30 of em...and some weird ones at that.

As for the VCD card, it's a Victor brand one. Interesting about the Doctor SF....I'll have to research it more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I figured you knew about the other prices, but hey -- beggars can't be choosers, right? [who the hell am I fooling? lol!] Think of it as checking notes, if nothing else.

The cards you've got for the Datach system...probably doesn't matter. I don't know how many were released, but I'd expect you'd have a large selection of the characters from the cast of DBZ. I believe that they all came with the system (and one of the recent auctions on eBay seemed to be that way); I'm not sure, but it seems Bandai knew this thing wouldn't catch on enough to be releasing cards in cereal boxes. A shame in a way, but who cares about DBZ anyway? Hehe.

Having Victor as the brand of the VCD card sounds good. I'm not sure but I think that was the best one (once again, according to Assembler; too lazy to go and check right now). I don't suppose you'll be using that Saturn to play VCDs, but you've got that option for sure.

I'd really like to find out how much that HK Famicom is worth, too :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maxlords tells me that some of the cards were cut out of boxes. The popularity of Bandai's series never ceases to amaze me. He also reminded me that Gundam and Ultraman (yes, I'm 100% sure of this as I've seen the Ultraman cards) games/cards were released for this system.

Thought I'd add that before my misinformation did any damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I REALLY want to know more about that Doctor SF unit. I don't know how to work it or anything. It's a model SF-D03

Weird stuff.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    I REALLY want to know more about that Doctor SF unit. I don't know how to work it or anything. It's a model SF-D03

Weird stuff.
    Check out www.tototek.com for more info. You could ask about in the forums over there.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That King of Fighters '95 cartridge is a ROM cart, not a RAM cart. Big difference there. You actually MUST put the cartridge into your Saturn if you want to play KOF '95... there's no way around this. The cartridge and disc work in tandem to allieviate long load times. All the data is permanently burned into the cartridge, so it's not as versatile as a RAM cartridge... those store information from the disc to the cartridge when the game is first booted.
    There was one other ROM cartridge released for the Saturn... it was for some quickly forgotten Ultraman video game that could have just as easily have been released without it. I mean, geez, it's Ultraman! Is anyone really going to notice how crappy the animation is?

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Weird stuff.
    I always heard that was to used to dump ROMs from the cartridge to the 1.44 floppy disc of the unit. But never saw one in action.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the Doctor SF is some sort of ROM dumper. Most everything that I was curious about is already sold except for the VCD card and the two weird RAM carts. I may have to take pics of them when I get around to it. I think the VCD is going on eBay probably.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's one MPG card that's more expensive than the others. The Twin... something rather. I'm drawing a blank here. If that's it, then it's still $100, but is probably in the $70-$80 range. The others are $40-$50 if memory serves.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the Doctor SF is some sort of ROM dumper. Most everything that I was curious about is already sold except for the VCD card and the two weird RAM carts. I may have to take pics of them when I get around to it. I think the VCD is going on eBay probably.
    Dude... i walked into like 12 game stores in manhatten,,
    one thing i noticed was.. VDr 64's and saturn vcd cards were common.
    I remember justin saying they were hard to get in canada.
    Lead, Follow , or get the F*** out of my way !

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...and of course, i'm broke and i could use a saturn vcd card (looks at wangan dead heat real + arrange sitting on shelf)- such is life!

Insert Coin (Level 0) nothingisttrue's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.emucamp.com/red/
    chek this for info on the copier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nothingisttrue