Thread: Story Time #2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Story Time #2

I don't feel like retyping, so read up from the first post.

Scenario #2:
    There is a person in your neighborhood that knows about your game collection. He has talked about how cool it is, and has even said that if he could get enough money together, he would try and buy it from you. One day he approaches you, and offers you way, way under the amount that you even paid for anything, better yet, he offers you less than 1/3 of what your collection is worth. Of course, you turn it down, but he seems discourages, as he practically offered you his life savings for your collection and you refused (hey, some people are cheap, but for some of you, it is the exact opposite). 2 weeks pass by and you do not see or hear anything from this guy, it is extremely strange, as he used to talk to you nearly everyday about wanting your games until you refused his money. Now, he didn't want some games, he wanted all of your games. One night after you get home from work, you hear from this neighbor, he sounds very different, almost like he is scared, but you can't really tell. Of course, you think little of it, play some games, and then goto bed. Around 3:30 at night you are awoken to a very loud bang in your house, and you know that absolutely nobody could be up in your house. Of course any person that is a human being is a little startled, and just like a true gamer, you invested all your money in games and not in guns. Plus, you have no clue if it is one person, or 5-10. By the time you sit and listen, you know somebody is in your house that is not supposed to. What do you do? Remember, if you call the police, the person could already be gone by the time the cops get there, and, if it happens to be your neighbor, he is not that dumb, he could easily find a place to stash the games and the cops would have nothing on him (if it is your neighbor) What do you do?

I forgot to say what I would do.

Seeing as I live and sleep in my room, and my room hold all my games, this situation would be different for me, as it would be for some of you, as there would be no sitting up, there would be laying there listening. Call me paranoid, but I have an old, burnt out long blacklight bulb (about 2 feet long) that I keep so close to my bed that you wouldn't even know what happened until I hit you. Of course, I would have to make sure it was just one, and give the person a could whack on the head, and with a good hit, that would stun the person and give me just enough time to get up and either snag their weapon (if they have one), or do something to keep them detained.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would tie an Neo Geo pocket to a string a throw it into the room with the burglar. When he tries to pick it up I pull the string, luring him to me in a hunched position. Then clock him over the head with a cat.

Hey, All I own is games, string and a cat.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would take my rifle. I dont care if its loaded or not. Put it to the guys head and tell him to sit down. Ince he sits I will call the cops. I will not shoot unless he armed. He wont be moving with my gun to his head.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I would just call the police and tell them be on the lookout for one or more people with dollys, wheeling huge video arcade games down the street. You would be able to pick them out in a lineup, as these would be the guys with hurting backs.

Games are games. If someone is crazy or brave enough to break into your house to steal video games then they are probably willing to hurt you over them as well. Plus, since they are "bad" guys, they are probably much more adept at fighting than you or I are. So you might swing your light bulb at them or whatever and then three weeks later when you wake up from your coma and your insurance decides not to pay for your broken skull you might rethink that plan.

Your life is not worth losing or even risking for videogames. Defending your family, however, is. If someone broke into my gameroom and started hauling out games I would call the police and then try and gather information (take pictures, write down license plate numbers, get descriptions, etc) to help the police. If someone broke into my house and I thought my son or my wife might be in danger then I would shoot them once if I thought they were a kid and more than once if I thought they were an adult.

Strawberry (Level 2) LazingBlazers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

No offense, but that's the dumbest question I've ever been not exactly asked.

How could you even say?

If some guy has a .45... dude, you're games are mine.

If it's just some idiot punk... well, I can handle myself just fine when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

I'd prefer to think that most game fanatics are nice people, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless they were well armed, I'd beat them within an inch of their life, then toss em down my stairs outside and tell the police I heard a noise outside. Conveniently, I have lots of heavy things in my apartment, like an Amiga monitor by the bedside and I could knock someone out cold with it. Also, my apartment is quite small and breaking into it would wake me up guaranteed. Fortunately, gun crime in small town Canada is almost non-existant, unlike back home in Oregon. I used to not like anti-gun laws...but man, you just don't have that stuff going on here!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was just bored and wondered what you guys would do in the situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd check on my kids. Fuck the games.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would get my bo staff out of my closet and bust some heads in or if I couldn't get it then I would just deliver a few well placed kicks to head, solar peluxus and stomach.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default a

Shoot the bastard...shouldn't have been there. My game room is going to be pretty well locked once I get a real one....no access, ya know?

As for now, my game room IS my room, so it would be extremely difficult.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!