Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Turbo Duo & 17 games (free s/h)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geez, if I start a thread and it starts to get off track or bitter, I always feel responsible. :-\

Anyway, let me say that I'm not trying to gouge anyone by asking $320 (I've lowered it from $330). I think it's a fair price, and I don't blame anyone for wanting to negotiate or haggle. I'm a lousy haggler, so I usually ask or offer my final price right off the bat. And I wasn't looking to start a bidding war... it's always first come, first served.

hu6800, you have a VERY impressive collection.

link1110, for personal accounting reasons, I'd rather not break up the set. My break-even mark is close to $310, and with me paying shipping from $320, that's what I hope to net. Breaking things up is a hassle, and it may be tough to get $185 for the games alone.

As for trading, my collecting goals are tame and my needs limited:

TG16/Duo: only the US releases. I have all the hardware I need (Duo, Express) and 100+ games.
    SMS: I have a system, gun, and 78 games. Again, I'm only collecting US releases.
    NES: I have all but the Panesians, and right now only hope to find a few hint books.
    CV: I have 115 and only need the rare/expensive carts.

That said, barring any trade or buy offers between now and Saturday, it looks like eBay is the destination.

Thanks,

Jeff D (jhd7)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will chime in here and agree that the $320 is a good price. Anyone checking eBay these days will quickly realize that it a good price. Duo's are really starting to pick up in price lately. An auction a couple days ago went for $606. I placed the value to me at about $460 which would've been standard for the parts at reasonable prices.
    Duo consoles with accessories are routinely getting about $200 these days and boxed units go about $240-260. About 10% higher than only 3-5 months ago. Good sellers market. Take this stuff to eBay man.

I too have had MANY Duo's, probably over 40 at this point and if I find one for $150 I'm VERY happy with that.

I picked up that "slightly" damaged one for $112 on eBay. Works fine. The HuCard door was missing and a pin on the CD cover was missing. For $122 shipped priority, a fine deal. Plus I had a spare cover from a dead Duo

$190 is quite the low ball offer.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D-Lite
    I will chime in here and agree that the $320 is a good price. Anyone checking eBay these days will quickly realize that it a good price. Duo's are really starting to pick up in price lately. An auction a couple days ago went for $606. I placed the value to me at about $460 which would've been standard for the parts at reasonable prices.
    Duo consoles with accessories are routinely getting about $200 these days and boxed units go about $240-260. About 10% higher than only 3-5 months ago. Good sellers market. Take this stuff to eBay man.

I too have had MANY Duo's, probably over 40 at this point and if I find one for $150 I'm VERY happy with that.

I picked up that "slightly" damaged one for $112 on eBay. Works fine. The HuCard door was missing and a pin on the CD cover was missing. For $122 shipped priority, a fine deal. Plus I had a spare cover from a dead Duo

here let me chime back...
    are you offering $200 over my $190 offer?
    By all means do so, in fact i hope people fight over this duo
    and up the price, that way he dont have to bother with ebay.
    still think its a lowball number?
    Then offer him more and buy it from him..

it must be where people are located.. i mean by the pricing.
    ill be damned if id pay $600 for a duo.
    and ebay is so 50 / 50 nowadays.
    Lead, Follow , or get the F*** out of my way !

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hu6800

Wasn't your $190 offer for the whole package? I'm saying the Duo alone would get $200. I'm not making an offer.
    And the Duo that went for $606 included a Dracula X and 14 other pretty good games. I just think it should've topped out at $450-460

There's definitely a location aspect to buying this stuff, but not that much.

and yeah, eBay is total hit-and-miss

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hu6800

Wasn't your $190 offer for the whole package? I'm saying the Duo alone would get $200. I'm not making an offer.
    And the Duo that went for $606 included a Dracula X and 14 other pretty good games. I just think it should've topped out at $450-460

There's definitely a location aspect to buying this stuff, but not that much.

and yeah, eBay is total hit-and-miss
    Yeah but notice im the only one here offering the most cash for it..
    Lead, Follow , or get the F*** out of my way !