Thread: Patlabor - Megadrive jp

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Patlabor - Megadrive jp

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

I had no idea this was worth anything at all. Is it? Or is this just a glitch?

Vroomfunkel

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default yowza!

well, it doesn't appear too often, thus the bid war escalates. the seller isn't being too informative about the game, and i hope the winning bidder can read japanese. this is an adventure game with a load of text to scroll through, but of course if the winning bidder is a collector, well you know how that goes. i actually passed one without a manual up a few years ago for $10 (i though another complete would turn up, lol).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm

The seller is me

My description is not very informative because I don't know anything about the game ... the blurb is simply what I copied from the front of the box. The second bidder is a serious Genesis collector (he has a full US Genesis collection!) so I don't think he will be too bothered about the style of the game. Don't know about the first bidder tho!

Vroomfunkel

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

! i realized that you were the seller after i posted, and i also remembered the box text. yeah, based on the main bidder's history you'll get a good price on that game all right...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: hmm

Huh, didn't know that version exists. I wonder if it's anything like the old Famicom Disk System game (own a loose copy of that myself)...

Hey Vroom-man, could you tell me the part number on it? Should be on the spine (something like "T-" or "G-" and then four/five numbers). That would be awesome! :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like a cool game IMO. Is it easily playable?
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playable

I don't know. It looked too much like a text-heavy adventure game to me, so I didn't bother to try it. I picked it up from Ebay UK actually, in a bundle of a few Jap Megadrive games, that some guy was selling without a photo. Only bought them because they were so cheap and I wondered what Patlabor would be.

All my auctions are suprising me at the moment - just sold Ninja Warriors for the Mega CD for £77 ($140) ... I knew it was worth a bit, but didn't realise it was that much!

Plus I sold Shining Force CD for £103 ($185) and Panzer Dragoon Saga for £112 ($200+)

Vroomfunkel

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Playable

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel
    I don't know. It looked too much like a text-heavy adventure game to me, so I didn't bother to try it. I picked it up from Ebay UK actually, in a bundle of a few Jap Megadrive games, that some guy was selling without a photo. Only bought them because they were so cheap and I wondered what Patlabor would be.

All my auctions are suprising me at the moment - just sold Ninja Warriors for the Mega CD for £77 ($140) ... I knew it was worth a bit, but didn't realise it was that much!

Plus I sold Shining Force CD for £103 ($185) and Panzer Dragoon Saga for £112 ($200+)

Vroomfunkel
    yike. congrats, dude! if the guy who you got these from had a camera, he'd have made a mint, but you really scored big. the funny thing is, all those games (except for panzer) usually go for a bit less. you happened to shoot them up at the right time (when no one else had them available).

and max, read my post above- it's pretty text-heavy with a lot of static screens and a blah colour palette (everything is gray, light gray, dark gray with some white, blue, black, and flesh tints for the characters.) i think there are some "battle" scenes in the game where you pick choices from a menu, but for the most part, it's like a police drama with robots.