Thread: Sealed NES game, Super Cars....Questions

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sealed NES game, Super Cars....Questions

Well, As some people may know. I, at one point, had a boatload of sealed NES games. However, I managed to pick this one up locally. So.....I sold almost all the remnants at auction. One guy was interested in the other stuff I had, so we were working out a price. He offered $9 a game for a handful of common stuff and in with the common stuff was Super Cars. So I told him $9 was sufficient for the others but I wasn't real set on getting rid of Super Cars for $9 because the game alone isn't super rare yet not super common so I told him I felt a Complete one would be worth roughly $20. So, I told him I was looking for more than that. He offered $35. So, what I'm asking everybody here is.......is it fair? I know most people on here would be hard pressed to spend $35 on a sealed NES game But figuring the market for them, is $35 fair? Anybody have any suggestions how I should handle it?

Also, this may need to be moved. It's a buying selling matter but it's kind of not in a sense as well. And, Thanks in advance to any help anybody provides!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Sealed NES game prices are like 2 year olds. At one moment, they're bouncing all over the place, and real high. Other times, they're taking a nap and real low. And you never know when they're be either or.

Sounds fine to me. If you think you can milk this guy for more (if he's a sealed collector, it's always possible), go for it. If not, run with the $35.

dave

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not that I wanna milk this guy, it's just that I was dumb enough to say I had it when I really wanted to keep it. And now I have to play the, is the money enough to compensate for the desire to own it. And the shrink wrap is minty fresh.......I dunno. Guess I'll spend another day thinking about it.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If your pondering it this much, just keep it...you can always sell it later, but getting it back is a different story.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think 35 is very fair, I'v seen a lot of awesome nes games sealed go for less, It's the really common Hit classics or the really rare goods that bring in the cash, IE: Contra/ Final Fantasy on the Classic end, and Bonk's Adventure on the extremely rare end.. I used to have a ton of sealed nes games myself, sold all the semi- rare ones and the prices have gone down if anything, the only one I'm really regretting dumping now is Bonk's Adventure.. game brings about 3-500 sealed now ! yikes..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classicgamesdepot
    I think 35 is very fair, I'v seen a lot of awesome nes games sealed go for less, It's the really common Hit classics or the really rare goods that bring in the cash, IE: Contra/ Final Fantasy on the Classic end, and Bonk's Adventure on the extremely rare end.. I used to have a ton of sealed nes games myself, sold all the semi- rare ones and the prices have gone down if anything, the only one I'm really regretting dumping now is Bonk's Adventure.. game brings about 3-500 sealed now ! yikes..

lol @ getting that sealed bonk off the same brazilian guy i got a sealed dodge ball, sealed jackie chan, and sealed godzilla 2 from....you still have any of the action 52's i traded you?