Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CGE Party- Whos got it?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CGE Party- Whos got it?

Well I had a awsome time last year at the party. Iwas so nervous, but everyone was fine with me being there. I think, but am not sure, onl people from Digital Press (writers and whatnot) hold it, but im not sure. If you guys need someoen to hold the party me and my dad would be more then happy to. Hes old enough to buy beer :P.

PS- I can not wait for CGE this year. I am starting saving as of right.... *looks at watch* NOW!
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't promise anything yet but a few of us Bay Area (and Atari alumni) are kicking around some ideas. If we can get it together expect something pretty awesome all the way around. Food, fun, games, location and "special" guests from the gaming world past and present.

Contests galore and some great prizes. Anybody up for an electronic baseball and football contest? How about on completed never before seen Atari board games from 1976

Or you could just chill out, drink, and listen/watch some Video Music with the original designer.

Of course Pong and Computer Space will be availible for constant free play as well.

Jerry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow- sounds like could be mucho fun. Maybe this
    moving CGE isn't such a bad idea after all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjessop
    I can't promise anything yet but a few of us Bay Area (and Atari alumni) are kicking around some ideas. If we can get it together expect something pretty awesome all the way around. Food, fun, games, location and "special" guests from the gaming world past and present.

Contests galore and some great prizes. Anybody up for an electronic baseball and football contest? How about on completed never before seen Atari board games from 1976

Or you could just chill out, drink, and listen/watch some Video Music with the original designer.

Of course Pong and Computer Space will be availible for constant free play as well.

Jerry
    *shivers*

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jerry
    Jerry, I love ya, man. I'll bring the nachos.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I second that. Jerry, you're the best. Maybe I will get to play some Computer Space this time.
    - v

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So... What's the updatizzle? I promise I will never talk like snoop dog ever again if I get the update. :P Foshizzle!
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mr Kevin "Kevates" and I were supposed to be getting something in the works, but I think he fell off the face of the earth sometime last week.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    Mr Kevin "Kevates" and I were supposed to be getting something in the works, but I think he fell off the face of the earth sometime last week.
    Count me in for the chips and dip, portnoyd is working on something as well. Just keep us posted on what you need. I'll ship out to San Jose whatever is needed.

Danny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Count me in for the chips and dip, portnoyd is working on something as well. Just keep us posted on what you need. I'll ship out to San Jose whatever is needed.

Danny
    Yes!!!! Jay's chips will finally be mine

Anyway, I'm in for a party...last years was fun, especially with Tim's good old impossible quiz questions.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa....
    I live in Sunnyvale, I'm so there!
    -Jason

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds good. I will bring whatever is needed also. Last years one was fun and some people were HAMMMMMERED. Extreme duck hunt was awsome also, hope that we get to play it again.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sunday Night Hang Out...

I wouldn't quite call it a party but a few of us will be chillin, drinking, or just gaming it up at Dave and Busters after CGE on Sunday evening. It would be cool to get a bunch of CGE attendees and DP people to round up there and hang out. Let me know if you'd like to join the Messiah folk.

Cheers.
    Check out <a href="http://www.playmessiah.com">www.playmessiah.com

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jerry
    Hey Jerry, I'm stoked to hear you'll be there again. I really enjoyed getting to meet you in 2002 and see all the cool schwag you brought, including the vintage Computer Space you let me pose with. If you're partying in any capacity I know the Mrs. and I would love to participate, and even split a pitcher if you're so inclined. See you in San Jose!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We've got two weeks left, so I wanted to make some kind of semi-official announcement

Kevin Staszkow (kevates), with me as his sidekick, has planned a party for Saturday night! The kind souls over at Digital Eclipse have graciously agreed to sponsor the party We'll have snacks donated from our very own Darth Vader, a variety of adult beverages, AND a small surprise for those attending.

It looks like we may have a suite and two adjoining rooms for the party, or at the very least the suite, so we should have plenty of room. The party will open its doors shortly after the auction finishes up Saturday night. Hope to see you there!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would offer to have a party in my SF apartment, but you'd only be able to fit about five people inside...

Jerry, I'll see if I can't make it to your shindig.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We've got two weeks left, so I wanted to make some kind of semi-official announcement

Kevin Staszkow (kevates), with me as his sidekick, has planned a party for Saturday night! The kind souls over at Digital Eclipse have graciously agreed to sponsor the party We'll have snacks donated from our very own Darth Vader, a variety of adult beverages, AND a small surprise for those attending.

It looks like we may have a suite and two adjoining rooms for the party, or at the very least the suite, so we should have plenty of room. The party will open its doors shortly after the auction finishes up Saturday night. Hope to see you there!
    Sounds Great. Please tell me if you guys need anything. I will be more then happy to bring some stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

All I know is give me a locale and I'm gonna get toooooooore up
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus
    All I know is give me a locale and I'm gonna get toooooooore up
    I've always wanted to say this:

Fer Shizzle.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You need at least one broken lamp, two noise complaints, and a heated game of Stunt Duck Hunt to live up to the CGE parties I used to throw. I wish you luck.