Thread: The next Gamecube "Collector's Edition"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The next Gamecube "Collector's Edition"

As most of you know, Nintendo released the Zelda collector's edition disc last fall. What do you think Nintendo should do should they do another "Collector's Edition" disc?

Personally, I'd like to see a Mario collector's disc.

All three Mario Games for the NES and Super Mario 64, and if they have enough room, Super Mario World and the Lost Levels.

The graphics for SMB 1, 2, and 3 would be exactly like they were for the NES, and none of the games should have that crap they added on for their GBA "Super Mario Advance" remakes...

and SMB1 should include the Minus World.

Although with those GBA remakes, I doubt it would be likely.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to see a mario kart collection. With online support.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Mario compilation sounds like a no brainer!! Where is it?

I'd like to see a Cruisin' compilation with all of the N64 Cruisin' games on one disc. That series is frustrating, ridiculous arcade fun. What a cheaty A.I.!!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This would be a good idea in theory, but Nintendo would never release a mario disc. Right now they are far more interested in taking those titles, and releasing them singularly for the GBA. They are currently reselling
    -Super mario kart
    -Super mario bros. 2
    -Super mario bros 3.
    -Super mario world
    already on the GBA. They wouldnt release these titles on a compilation disc for fear of hindering their sales. This is the same reason that Zelda: A link to the past was not feautured on the disc, because it was already being sold as a seprate title on the GBA, and making a shitload of money at that.
    My suggestion would be to just get the old games and play them on their original systems. In the end you'll probably save some money and you'll have that real old school fell.
    -crispy
    No, I'm Mr. Big Lucky Flavor!

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Considering Nintendo is still making profits off of slowly releasing all the Mario games on the GBA, they probably won't release a Mario compilation disc unfortunately I really wish they would do a new Super Mario All-Stars with everything from Mario Bros. right up to Mario 64, but it seems too many of you guys are willing to shell out fresh money each time they release these games individually

A Donkey Kong collection would be pretty killer... All three arcade games, all three Donkey Kong Country games, and Donkey Kong 64... They could even add the three Donkey Kong Land (Gameboy) games, some hidden Donkey Kong Game & Watch games, and perhaps even throw in the Banjo Kazooie games for good measure (Assuming Nintendo still has any rights to these games, which they probably don't).

--Zero

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Metroid, all 3 of them, with Metroid 2 upgraded. Mmmm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro
    A Donkey Kong collection would be pretty killer... All three arcade games, all three Donkey Kong Country games, and Donkey Kong 64... They could even add the three Donkey Kong Land (Gameboy) games, some hidden Donkey Kong Game & Watch games, and perhaps even throw in the Banjo Kazooie games for good measure (Assuming Nintendo still has any rights to these games, which they probably don't).
    That would be a good dream compilation! I wonder myself if Nintendo still has rights to Banjo Kazooie.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    I'd like to see a Cruisin' compilation with all of the N64 Cruisin' games on one disc. That series is frustrating, ridiculous arcade fun. What a cheaty A.I.!!!
    Definitely cheaty, but would be a good rerelease as well. I enjoyed those games. I'd like to see a better save system on Crusin' USA, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Metroid, all 3 of them, with Metroid 2 upgraded. Mmmm.
    Mmmm indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by kai123
    I would like to see a mario kart collection. With online support.
    Good one... kickin' someone's ass online at Super Mario Kart...that would definitely be an experience.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

No, Nintendo doesnt have control over Banjo Kazooie, or Conkers or Joanna Dark for that matter. That was a Rare developed entity, just with exclusiveness for Nintendo. The only games that Rare did FOR Nintendo were DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing (I think).

If you go and play Grabbed By The Ghoulies (which all of you should, it hilarious) during the opening sequence they flash "Rare" characters, of which Banjoo Kazooie is there. Also through out the game you can see their "stuffed" heads of them on the walls. And Come-on now, MS is pushing Conkers Uncut, and the eventual Perfect Dark Zero for the XBox.

As great as it would be, the best we'd get is a DK collection, and that would only be IF there was something new coming out, which there isnt (as of yet), is DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing. Because i'm sure that Nintendo wants to milk the DK Country stuff to the GBA as it is everything else.

Our best hope is a Metrod edition, in time for Metroid (Prime) 2, out this fall.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think we will be seeing another collectors disc. They are making to much money selling them as singles on GBA.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Re: The next Gamecube "Collector's Edition"

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace
    All three Mario Games for the NES and Super Mario 64, and if they have enough room, Super Mario World and the Lost Levels.
    Believe me, they have enough room. Actually, theres enough room on a Gamecube disk to include EVERY NES game ever made for NES & Famicom. Plus also probably enough for SNES also. Just depends on the format they use.

I could see this as being nice, but not profitable enough for them as already mentioned.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default a

I'd like to see SMB 1, 2, 3 redone as 3d games...same original level layouts.

-ROb
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: a

While I'd like to see that, a disc including every NES game ever, it probably won't ever happen as long as Nintendo can make $30 by selling each separately again.

But if they did, all they'd really have to do is create an emulator based on the original logic of the NES and it'd be a perfect recreation. Hell, they could include Gun support. Some games of course couldn't be done especially if they need a special controller. (Power Pad, maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    I'd like to see SMB 1, 2, 3 redone as 3d games...same original level layouts.
    I've thought of this many times. It'd be a nice gimmick. Some people would hate it, but I say BRING IT ON! It'd still be 2D, but enhanced with 3D graphics like Yoshi's Story and Mischeif Makers. Sort of like that special SMB level in Smash Bros. Melee. (Sadly, they probably wouldn't even let you do the Minus World trick. No sir-ee. Especially after the enhancements made in game engines since the original SMB.) I've dreamed of a 3D side scrolling SMB trilogy since the Yoshi's Story days. I'd be surprised if it ever actually came to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Boy, this is a dream come true question if it acutually happened!! My list would include alot of the N64 games, those controllers I don't really like. Nothing beats playing those games on their original systems, but I would pick:
    Mario Kart, All of them
    DK Countrys 1-3 plus DK64
    Contra's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

I love to see a lot more nes games come out for the NGC. I would be in love if they came out with a Nes games disk. Contra, Burgetime, Rampage, etc