Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Default Metal Slug MVS

Last week I won a copy of Metal Slug for the MVS off eBay. Today I got home for Spring Break and popped it in my 4-Slot and all I can say is WOW. This game is great. From what I have played so far it is one of my top favorite games now. It is amazing how a system that old has such great graphics. To anyone considering an MVS setup and this game......do yourself a favor and buy it, you won't regret it.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Metal Slug MVS

Also, to everybody who believes third person (Heretic 2 or Castlevania 64 style) Metal Slug is a good idea: Shoot your temple.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Metal Slug MVS

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Also, to everybody who believes third person (Heretic 2 or Castlevania 64 style) Metal Slug is a good idea: Shoot your temple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have it too, and am waiting for my Phantom, so I can play it on my AES. I was hoping this week, but it looks like no go.

I've only tooled around with the PS1 version. I wanna play the real thing....
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by omnedon
    I have it too, and am waiting for my Phantom, so I can play it on my AES. I was hoping this week, but it looks like no go.

I've only tooled around with the PS1 version. I wanna play the real thing....
    yea, i doubt there is anything better than the real thing. it is just amazing to play this game how it was meant to be played....on an mvs cab with a joystick and a huge monitor right in front of you, although, i would love playing this on an aes also....or just playing an aes in general. that system is one of the next ones on my list and i hope to pick it up this summer, although i will obviously not be getting metal slug for it also...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still can't figure out what everybody likes about that game so much. I found it at a convenient store and after 2 minutes of it I was bored. It seems like if a 2D game is rare and expensive people think it is the best game ever. COuld you honestly say it was better then Gunstar Heroes?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Packerfan66
    COuld you honestly say it was better then Gunstar Heroes?
    Yes. It's the overall style of it. Nice hand draws graphics, good music, good difficulty, blood, and a little comedy thrown in makes this a classic game.

It's not technically rare or expensive either, the MVS cost me $50 i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still can't figure out what everybody likes about that game so much. I found it at a convenient store and after 2 minutes of it I was bored. It seems like if a 2D game is rare and expensive people think it is the best game ever. COuld you honestly say it was better then Gunstar Heroes?
    Yeah, it's not really comparable to Gunstar Heroes. Metal Slug is above all, a comedy run n gun. They're both REALLY REALLY good. As for it being rare...well, MVS Metal Slug is quite common. I paid $125 for a mint complete MVS kit for it. That's cheap in MVS. A loose cart runs ya $50, VERY cheap. Compare that to the AES version at $1500-2500 a copy. Either way, Slug is a VERY VERY good game. A lot of rare and expensive games suck however, for every system....this one just doesn't fall under that rule. if you don't like it....I can understand that, but if you clock a half-hour or so into it, you'll see why it's considered one of the classics.

As for me, I've got the MVS carts for Metal Slug 1, 3, and X, and I'm waiting for my 4 slot cab via train right now (Super Neo 29 w/29" monitor). Can't wait!

@ EdOscuro's comment: LMFAO!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love Metal Slug - I'm definitely a huge fan boy, I'll save posting why I think its so great extensively, as I've done that before, but in short: It's made with love, and it has classic, pure, difficult, gameplay.

In any case - my school has a MVS cab with MS2..or X I forget, anyway, I've noticed that with 2 players it sometimes slows down considerably, during large explosions involving food usually. Is this just the cab or does everyone experience this? That's probably one of the only things keeping me from breaking down an splurging on a cabinet.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hee hee!

As much as I liked Heretic 2 (I really liked Heretic 2), Metal Slug should not be dirtied with 3D. Yuck.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

yea, I only paid $50 for it also and it is worth the money, even at the high AES prices it is worth it. I just did a quick play through of the whole game and I am even more impressed than I was when I first put it in. I'm sure I didn't do too good and didn't notice some stuff, but that's nothing I can't see the next time I play through it.