Thread: FS: Compaq Laptop - P4-2.4/512/40gb w/wireless

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS: Compaq Laptop - P4-2.4/512/40gb w/wireless

OK, this will seem kind of brief but I need to find out if anybody is interested in my laptop. If not then It will more than likely head to ebay tomorrow night if all goes well. Some quick specs on it:

Pentium 4 @ 2.4Ghz
    512 MB Ram(Not sure how many sticks - 2 or 1)
    40GB Hard drive at 5400rpm
    15" Screen
    Windows XP home
    DVD/CDRW @ 24x write(I forget the exact specs for the rest)

Comes with box, all discs, pamphlets and all that good stuff. As long as I can dig up the receipt......which I should because it has to be in the box or in my stack of papers. But, Should I be able to dig it up, it will come with a warranty to cover the laptop until Dec '05. Warranty is through CompUSA and it comes with a warranty package that explains everything in full detail.

Also Included is the wireless networking kit by Network Everywhere which is actually a Linksys company. Comes with the Cable/DSL router and the wireless B card for the laptop. Router includes the 4 port switch for wired computers and all that good stuff. Comes with the box and Instructions, discs...etc. I can also include some nice patch cables at no cost if you need them for additional computers.

All works well on both items as that's where you're getting this post from. The laptop on the wireless network!

So, I would prefer paypal on this but other forms of payment can be arranged. Any questions, please PM me here or catch me on AOL. Accepting offers at this point but I quoted on the Compaq website: $1400 roughly for a new laptop w/ a wireless router and all that good stuff. The model on this is 1525US and the model on a new one would be 25xx. I'm not looking for anything near $1400 but a fair percentage for a used item.

Just looking for a reasonable offer at this point. I love this laptop but I really want to upgrade right now

EDIT: RECEIPT HAS BEEN LOCATED!! This will be included so that the laptop can be serviced under warranty which ends in Dec. '05. I think it cover any types of accidents, including user damage but I may be wrong. It may just be damage due to workmanship or design. Anyways...that's all I know for now.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, did a little research and found some good stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=42198

Look, there it is! Well, that's not it but it is just like it from everything I read. I will read into it more a little later and check everything up. It does come with a case, looks mysteriously like the one in the picture for that auction.

So, over that auction you get a wireless networking kit(card & router) and almost 2 full years under warranty. Also, as it states in the auction, the carry case isn't included. So, I have one of those...as mentioned, looks just like it. It's a Targus.

So, to sum things up.....I'll toss in all of that stuff for the same price with a complete total with shipping at roughly $1000.

If I don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon, I'll either throw it up on ebay or keep it. Haven't fully decided yet. If anybody wants to pm me and haggle out a price, feel free to try

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One last bump for this. I'm working on selling it locally and if not here or there, then I'll have to put it on ebay. If I don't get overanxious in the meantime and send it to ebay early.

Oops, Got anxious. It's up On Ebay!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Laptop still hasn't sold. I dropped the bin all the way down to $925 and that's about the best I can do. If somebody here is interested, I can end the auction and shave the fees which makes it about $900 plus shipping. Any takers here? I needed to sell this thing two days ago