Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miyamoto signed Famicom Color GBA SP's up for grabs...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I'd love anything signed by Miyamoto. But of course, it'll never be in my posession. Unless I fly over to Japan and force him to sign my Flame SP.
    Imagine if he turned up at Classic Gaming Expo this year and you could get anything you wanted signed by him. Wouldn't THAT be cool!
    Is this another suprise. Like Nolan Bushnell, I am imagining this guy would be a tad bit harder to get considering he doesn't live here. I would hug you forever Joe, err I mean 'it would be cool to have a brewsky after that one as my kind of manly thanks' *says in manly deep voice*
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Best sight I've had? Taking a picture of him signing someone's Donkey Kong marquee. I don't think he expected to see that!
    You said "Picture"!

Now you must post it!
    I'll find where I stuffed the few pics I took of his visit to the UK last February and put them back up. It was chaos really, and despite queueing for 3 hours, almost didn't get in there to have something signed.

When it's his first ever "official" appearance and promotional trip in the West, and he picks London to come to, you know something must be special and you had to make sure you were there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Queued for 3 hours?!
    Wow! Your deserved to have more than a few things signed.

You know, I'd probbaly go que for a few people, but they don't really do that stuff that often here... at least not that I know of.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Couldn't find the pics last night, but I'm sure I've got them somewhere... I've just forgotten what I called them!

As for the visit, well I was the last person of our group to get to the Virgin store at just after 11am. Miyamoto was due to start signing at 1pm if I recall. Anyhow the first of our group got there around 10:30am and I'd say there were 300-400 people ahead of him when he started to queue. By the time I got there, I'd say there was at least that number again behind us.

Quite soon after Miyamoto-san appeared and the signing began, people realised to get as many people through as possible, they had to limit signings to one item. The first 20-30 people got lucky and had 2 or 3 items done, plus the first 10 also received free copies of 4 Swords GBA signed by Miyamoto. Those 10 had camped outside Virgin the night before to make sure to be first in line. It was rather cold that night, so I think they deserved it!

3 hours was way under estimating here actually now I think about it. I don't think we got to the table to have our stuff signed until at least 2:45pm, and the signing session was due to end at 3pm. In the end apparently they elongated it until about 4pm, but there were still plenty of people who missed out. One of our group had brought a Donkey Kong marquee from a mate of his, and his own stuff, but with the one item rule, he sacrificed his own items to get the DK header done. I'm certain I saw Miyamoto smile when he put that on the table