Thread: More GameStop Stupidity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default More GameStop Stupidity

Well yesterday evening one of the members of this forum orangemage came by as well as another friend to hang out and take in on an evening of ninja gaiden and we started talking about how none of us had R-type Final and how we wanted to get it so one thing leads to another and we decide to head out to a local gamestop and pick it up after calling and the guy on the phone assuring us he had 3 copies so we thought cool we can each pick one up. So we get there look around a bit joke about seeing like 4 copies of bible adventues and we head out to pay for the games, Well I let my friends go 1st and they get thier new copy it's all good and then when I ask for mine well the guy runs to the wall grabs the gruby sticker infested full or prints and torn plastic ps2 case grabs the game from some case in a drawer slams it in prolly damaging the game and tries to ring me up full price.

Well I quickly tell the guy to hold up because it's not new and there was no way I was going to pay full price for a game in that kind of shape so then some other female employee which was just being nosy comes up and tries to explain to me that the game is brand new because get this it has never been played yeah ok I say this happened to be the same employee that tried to sell me a reserve for ninja gaiden and asked if I wanted to reserve it for what system ugh that makes alot of sense So then they get this pissed off look because I chose to not buy into thier worthless logic. I dont know where they get these people but if you open something sealed then it's no longer new no matter what anyone says, then they have the nerve to ask me if I want to reserve any games for a t-shirt size that would only fit a 6 year old kid...lol.....

I know all this sounds like a rant but what im trying to say here is why do they have to have so many worthless people working there.

Thanks

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So what are game stores supposed to do? Put out new games in the case sealed so people can steal them? I can understand the case part but if the CD is taken care of why does it matter if the games if open? Thats wht you are going to do with it right?

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I'm no fan of GameStop and the like, but we as a group need to stop starting new "This Store Sucks" threads - especially when there's a thread on the Evils of (Fill In The Blank)" underway. This is happening way too much. I'm pointing fingers at all of ya.

To wit: If you have a rant about GameStop/Babbage's/ElectronicBoutique/FuncoLand/SoftwareEtc./whatever, please take a moment and find one of the 100 other GameStop/Babbage's/ElectronicBoutique/FuncoLand/SoftwareEtc./whatever threads and add to it rather than starting thread #101. I'm serious about this. Thanks gang.

<locky-poo>
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They tend to give me a 5% discount if it's the last copy used for box display. I'm not obsessed with case condition, so I can live with that. It's strange that they didn't give you the 5%, though...