Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: d

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

d

I respect your intrepid boldness to reach beyond the limits of most peoples minds!!!

d
    What i need: SNES games and a few 32x!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default s

OH MY GOD.

While I'm quite thrilled I sparked a discussion of 20+ posts, this thread was entirley an accident. I have no clue how this happened, but I was actually trying to add a post to a thread of mine no one has answered before! I threw the D in the just because I remember it giving an error if you don't put a title in your post replies. It was a RANDOM letter. I guess I probably hit "new topic" rather than "reply."

I've never even played D.

Awww, fuggit, as long as I have you attention, here's the thread I meant to post my original post in.

Shameless, but I might as well show what this was all about.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30053

I'm a bit embarrased, so...I'm sorry! Now I have to go see what D is all about.

Best. Topic. Title. Ever.
    Thank you, thank you. I'm here every Tuesday and Thursday night, folks. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I KNEW IT!!!

Well, anyway, you generated some great discussion.

geelw: I've seen mostly nothing but crap reviews for Shadow Tower but if I see it I'll pick it up on your word alone.

Another game in a similar vein is Echo Night- not outright scary but creepy. Think of the movie "Ghost Ship" from a few yrs back- a cruise ship full of ghosts you have to help back & forth in time. It has rather dull, blocky graphics & a too-long gambling sequence buit worth checking out if you're into games like this.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ
    I KNEW IT!!!

Well, anyway, you generated some great discussion.

geelw: I've seen mostly nothing but crap reviews for Shadow Tower but if I see it I'll pick it up on your word alone.

Another game in a similar vein is Echo Night- not outright scary but creepy. Think of the movie "Ghost Ship" from a few yrs back- a cruise ship full of ghosts you have to help back & forth in time. It has rather dull, blocky graphics & a too-long gambling sequence buit worth checking out if you're into games like this.
    this may help- it's old, but fair: http://www.gametour.com/site/review.php/title/151

the problem with the folks who reviewed shadow tower is they JUST didn't get it, period. if you're in the right mood, trust me, the first time you round a corner and run into an acid-coughing giant skull, you'll poop out your teeth...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So, I get why the old version was called D2, but after everything was changed and nothing matches anymore, why is it sill called D2. I dig the first one a little, but the second one just tries TOO hard to be weird and goes so far over the top that it's silly instead of scary. They should've stuck with the original time traveling baby plot. Still a tad on the ridiculous side but it sounds like it had a better chance of working.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@geelw- HUGE coincidence here-

After your latest post I thought back that I KNEW I played a similar game somewhere...a search of my collection shows I have the Shadow Tower Japanese demo on the ONLY PSUG disk (v 2.4) I have, ONLY bc the guy I bought my PS from happened to have it!

I recall trying it back then- it was slow, & I couldnt figure it out due to the Japanese- plus it was timed, & I had to reset the system as it was an import demo. These things put me off, but I thought it "interesting" & put it aside. After trying it again, I was able to get around much better.

Yesterday I went back to where I thought I last saw the US version, but no dice...
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."