Thread: Questions for a X-Arcade (Solo) Joystick owner

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Questions for a X-Arcade (Solo) Joystick owner

I have a few questions for somebody that has a X-Arcade Solo Joystick. The single joystick version, not the double. I'm getting one of these, I bought one off of Ebay, haven't got it yet, but it's coming, but I have a few questions about it.

1. I have seen some of the adapters for the other game systems, and it seems like there are two connectors, to go to each of the two joystick inputs. Do you need to plug it into both controller inputs, if you are only using the Solo Joystick?

2. Or is that just because the adapters for the game systems are supposed to work for both the Solo Joystick and the Double Joystick, and you only need to plug in one of the inputs for the Solo Joystick?

The reason that I ask this, is because I have an adapter that allows you to use a Playstation joystick on the Dreamcast. I was wondering if I got the Playstation X-Arcade adapter, and I use it with this adapter, could I then use the X-Arcade Solo Joystick on both the Dreamcast and the Playstation. It would save me another $19.99 for the Dreamcast X-Arcade Adapter. Plus, even more importantly, is the fact that there is an adapter for the Sega Saturn that allows you to use a Playstation controller on the Sega Saturn. So I wonder if you could use that adapter along with the X-Arcade Adapter for the Playstation, to be able to use the X-Arcade Joystick on the Saturn?

If the X-Arcade (Solo) Joystick needs to have both plugs in the controller 1 slot and 2 slot to work properly, then I would be screwed. I would need another PS1 controller to Dreamcast adapter (because I only have one, for one joystick), and trying to find one of those again would be difficult, and it would probably be cheaper to just get the Dreamcast X-Arcade adapter for $19.99.

Also the other problem, is that if it needs both plugs plugged in, then I would also need to get 2 of the PS1 to Saturn controller adapters.

Of course all of this is in assuming that the X-Arcade Solo Joysticks will work when using these different consoles to different console adapters. Has anybody tried using any of these different adapters?

It would be pretty damn sweet to use the X-Arcade Joystick on the Sega Saturn.

The last question that I have is that I don't believe that there is any kind of adapter that would allow you to use a Playstation controller on the Super Nintendo or Genesis. Is there? Or maybe an adapter that allows you to use a Saturn controller on the Genny or even SNES? That would be sweet to use the X-Arcade Joystick for systems like the SNES and Genny.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

No, you only need the first controller port for the solo stick.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    No, you only need the first controller port for the solo stick.

Thanks. That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.

Have you tried using any different adapters to get your X-Arcade to work on other systems without using their specific adapters?

I know that they have adapters for the PC, XBOX, GameCube, PS1 and PS2 and the Dreamcast. But I don't believe that they have any adapters for the Sega Saturn, or any other systems.