Thread: the best christmas ever!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default the best christmas ever!

well it all started in a very non-gaming related way last september, my business partner and I were at an electronics store in NYC known as JandR, we spied a poster for some upcoming dvds with a sticker that proclaimed "the gift that's on everybody's wishlist" unfortunately the sticker was on a poster promoting the movie Gigli. My kneejerk response was "yeah I'd give that to the people I hate" So come christmas time, I suddenly recieve a christmas gift from my business partner, it was dvd sized so I assumed it was a game or something....but no to my dismay my comment had come back to haunt me as when it was unwrapped the contents wasn't a game but a dvd copy of gigli...with price sticker and all!

now you might think...how was this the best christmas ever or how the hell does it deal with gaming? well let's progress to january, while at work broswing 1up.com I noticed they were running a contest for the worst gift ever contest, thinking it would be fun to enter I did. However when the semi finalists were unveiled I was not among them. Flash foward to late february(I'm promise we're at the end), upon returning home I recieved a packet from SEGA of America. Wondering I never bought anything from Sega, why the hell would they send me anything. so to my surprise the contents of the package was three copies of Sonic Heroes and one of them was signed by yuji naka himself!

consequently whenever I see Gigli I don't think box office poison but rather the film that helped but ben affleck and me!

So that's the best christmas ever!

concepts to ponder...
    I was not the grandprize winner (they get three copies of the game, and other sonic swag), I was not a raffle winner(they only get one copy of the game for the console of their choice)...so what winner was I? I got three copies of the game 1 signed...I guess someone either pities me at 1up or SEGA.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Either that, or some sad soul who won the grand prize is wondering where his shit is, and doesn't know you got in by mistake.