Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    duoconflywheels

Default PC Engine Duo arrived today!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I completed an excellent transaction this morning with www.Goldenshop.com.hk

I purchased a used (good condition) PC Engine Duo boxed w/ instructions for $129. There was a slight shipping delay, but they responded to all of my e-mails very quickly. They ended up shipping the console overnight via Fed Ex (mailed yesterday, rec'd today). They even threw in a SEALED copy of Super Darius for FREE!

I am more than satisfied with my deal and will definately buy from them again in the near future. Their prices are awesome on most of their hardware items and shipping isn't too bad either. Beats paying those sky high prices on eBay anyday.

flywheels

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

What a terrific system. That should keep you busy for awhile!

I've used goldenshop in the past and they've always been top-notch. Their shipping charges are atrocious though (or at least they USED to be). I'll have to check in there again soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, guess somebody has to keep them in business...

It seems to me that you get what you pay for. If you put down $150 on a single game (done that there) you'll get a brand new item for sure, but if you buy a game for $20-$30, don't expect it to be brand new. Their item listing isn't always up to date (despite having a cart based shopping system you often end up in email) and when their listing isn't up to date you have to wait.

They also aren't terribly good on details...I ordered a new black/green trim Sharp Twin Fami from them, and got a black/red STF instead. Perhaps I came out ahead; it's hard to say as only a few STF models are noticeably rarer than the rest. If anything, email them beforehand when you're thinking about buying something that's expensive and old (and thus rare and hard to find, because they don't have a lot in stock).

Overall, not a terrible store, and while there's a bit of a language barrier all parties eventually convey their intentions correctly after a couple emails back and forth. I have gone on to discover immensely better places with people who actually photograph each and every item (and some of whom actually speak English), however, so don't think this online store is the end all of import stores.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    duoconflywheels

Default Not so bad...

I think I was charged somewhere in the range of $35-45 for EMS shipping. Selllers on eBay located in Japan want $80+ for EMS shipping. Like I said, there was a slight delay but they more than made up for it. Great customer service in my book.

flywheels