Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of some advice, please help!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default In need of some advice, please help!

I have over 300 positive feedback with no negatives on Ebay, I haven't sold anything for a long while, but recently I sold a Super Nintendo system. I tested it before I left my hands, cleaned the contacts, everything works fine. I would never have sent this system if it didnt work, on top of that, it had absolutely no yellowing on it. I also packed it very well.

Well, first off, the woman I sold it to paid me by paypal, an echeck. She honestly emailed me everyday since the transaction. She emailed me twice to find out if I got the payment, I was even nice and mailed it out a few days before it cleared, which it did. She then wrote me over and over again, saying it was for her son's birthday, If I could tell her if I sent it Priority or what, even though I only charged 7.00 for shipping, and ended up eating a dollar on shipping anyway, usually a system that heavy will cost a little more than that, but I was nice and told her, sent her the delivery confirmation, etc etc, all the good things a seller should do

Well I get a stern email today about the system, she says she "finally" got it today "I guess she expected me to deliver it too??" She says there are lines horizontally over the screen, and two huge lines vertically. she says she has tried it with different games, and she doesnt believe it is the games, that it is the system. She ends the email with "very dissapointed" , thats it!! Doesnt ask what I can do, any suggestions, nothing. She also wrote everything in bold letters, just in case I couldnt read I guess

I'm getting a little bit irked, I've received things from Ebay that werent working like I wanted to, but I politely talked to the seller. Looking at her recent auctions, I see no games bought, so I dont know how much experience she has with video games, but I know if she doesnt have it hooked up right, or the games are dirty, that certainly isnt my fault

I bit the bullet and politely asked her if she had the connections all hooked up right, and asked her to try cleaning her games, and then told her to write me back and let me know

I'm having a hard time believing this, this person has 909 feedback mostly positive, but it looks like she is mostly a seller of things other than games?

Any advice??? I've never had to deal with something like this before
    By all means, turn me into a child star.... Perhaps I can move to Californ-i-ay and wrangle me a three-way with the Olsen twins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

if anythings its the rf connector...or her tv.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think what you've done so far has been good. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet though, or take a negative. If she still claims there is something wrong I'd make her ship it back before you give a refund. I've had people try to get refunds out of me for items I know worked fine, when I tell them to ship it back for a full refund and repayment of shipping, they "mysteriously" don't e-mail me anymore. I would guess she probably doesn't have it hooked up right, I've had several systems I've sold (in person/non ebay) that were returned to me as broken that actually worked fine, the person just couldn't figure out how to hook it up. If she does ship it back make certain it's the same system before you issue a refund. People have no moral objections with sticking somebody else with a broken system, just ask around here, half the people I've talked to here have done it at least once. Good luck with it
    Be excellent to one another. Party on dudes!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks so far for the advice guys , I emailed her an hour ago, so I am assuming I won't hear from her till tomorrow

This kind of stuff is the reason I quit selling on Ebay a while ago, I was trying to find a place to give me reasonable money for the system, but the most I could get is 5 dollars trade in. I went out of my way as far as I can see for this lady, so at least I know I'm not in the wrong.
    By all means, turn me into a child star.... Perhaps I can move to Californ-i-ay and wrangle me a three-way with the Olsen twins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

If it comes down to it....just be happy that you got the money, take the negative, and forget that you ever dealt with her. I have one negative from a person who claimed, after 2 months of waiting that she never got the $6 item. I shipped it same day she paid..not even the next day..same day. She refused insurance on the item and then never emailed me again after it was shipped. after 2 months, instead of asking if i could do anything she just left negative...i just ignored the fact and was happy that i at least had my money for the item.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    If it comes down to it....just be happy that you got the money, take the negative, and forget that you ever dealt with her. I have one negative from a person who claimed, after 2 months of waiting that she never got the $6 item. I shipped it same day she paid..not even the next day..same day. She refused insurance on the item and then never emailed me again after it was shipped. after 2 months, instead of asking if i could do anything she just left negative...i just ignored the fact and was happy that i at least had my money for the item.
    I've considered that too, I'm not naive enough to think a super nintendo would quit working in 5 days in shipping, when it worked the night before I shipped it, Those things are reasonably tough.....someone should at least give the connections a fiddling around,

she said it arrived today, and according to the Delivery confirmation it arrived at 12:15 EST, her email was sent at 3:13, so I'm guessing she troubleshooted it too long today before writing her lovely email.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I thought you would like to know that at 1 in the morning, I got two emails from her, she says she took it to a dealer and he checked it out and it did the same thing....Man she has a lot of time on her hands!!!!...this is just too damn farfetched... she wrote me two damn emails, pretty much scolding me for selling her this, and her son is so dissapointed, what a bunch of BS

all i wrote back was if she wasnt happy, to send it back and I would refund her money, remind me to never sell a system on ebay again

Got I hate people!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Watch her send you back a yellow one.

"unless it was already yellow that is"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Horizontal lines are no biggie, it usually means that the RF connector simply isn't tight enough.

Two large black vertical lines though? I have never heard or seen of a problem like that in all my years working in the gaming or consumer electronics industry

I hope you marked the unit or wrote down the serial number so you know that the unit she is returning is exactly yours....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    Horizontal lines are no biggie, it usually means that the RF connector simply isn't tight enough.

Two large black vertical lines though? I have never heard or seen of a problem like that in all my years working in the gaming or consumer electronics industry

I hope you marked the unit or wrote down the serial number so you know that the unit she is returning is exactly yours....
    I did mark it, though I never thought of the serial number And it was perfectly gray, not yellow at all, so I will definitely know if I am getting hosed

At this point, it would be worth her sending it back because I am really wondering what the deal is with it

Oh those crazy SNES, from ohio to georgia, they can totally break in shipping.....NOT!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Getting seraial numbers is good and all, but how hard would it be to gut the machine, and put the insides of another in there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    Getting seraial numbers is good and all, but how hard would it be to gut the machine, and put the insides of another in there?
    Not too terribly but still a pain. I would rather just pay $20 or so and permanently be done with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Have you considered the possibility that you're dealing with a psycho-bitch? The only way to handle a psycho-bitch is by ceasing all communication.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §
    Have you considered the possibility that you're dealing with a psycho-bitch? The only way to handle a psycho-bitch is by ceasing all communication.
    I wrote her my last email this morning, and for someone who seemed to have all the time in the world to write emails, as of 12:30 she hasnt responed to my challenge to send it back to me

I will definitely not respond to any more emails from her, I've already blocked her username on Ebay from bidding on my auctions. In about a week, I will also block her email address as well....I've also decided recently to change my ebay email address which will happen soon as well, that was before all this BS

I definitely believe I am being scammed, the last email she wrote she said she would try and borrow another RF switch, so if she was at a "dealer" wouldnt they have an RF switch????

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    she says she took it to a dealer and he checked it out and it did the same thing....
    Are there technicians with enough time in the day to check out an outdated gaming machine?
    Keep It Stinky, Baby

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddychester
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    she says she took it to a dealer and he checked it out and it did the same thing....
    Are there technicians with enough time in the day to check out an outdated gaming machine?

Ha Ha you guys are going to love this email

She says she feels scammed and that she wants her money back (she will contradict herself later in the email)

Later in the email she says "for her sons sake" she will check it with another RF switch, she noticed that when she pulls on the cord that if affects the lines on the screen somewhat (what a coincidence, when you pull on the cord, it affects the connection!! Hmmm, maybe cause she doesn't have it hooked up tight enough?) she also wants reinbursed for it HAHAHAHA
    Maybe that "dealer" who checked it out for her can hook her up with one!!

Oh, and she never did say she would ship it back to me....Hehe...I didn't bother to write her back, and will continue to not do so

Ehh, my feedback is perfect, no negatives or neutrals, so maybe I can get one out of this!! Every seller needs at least one scar :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think you should ignore her, just tell her you will issue a refund when the unit is safely back in your hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

what's her ebay ID so we can all save the pain of dealing with her in the future?

I'm thinking a few different things here:

1) She's thinking she might be "intimidating" you with a high feedback profile and her son's sob story.

2) She took the machine to Gamestop or EB (sometimes we have enough time to hook up people's machines to tell them what they need or what is wrong with it, but I admit, not everyone in the company knows what they are doing)

3) She switched the console on you all together, or switched the insides.

4) If you are offering her a refund, make sure you have the unit back in your hands. If she is sending it back to you, MAKE SURE THERE IS TRACKING OR DC # ON THERE.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please tell us who she is, bc i wouldn't want to deal with her either...what a pain!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

her ID is twarr1

Put her on your blocklist pronto!

By the way, she has yet to tell me she wants to ship it back, and has yet to email me all day, I never did respond to her last email

You know, if she was a sane person, she could have avoided all the jackass griping and moaning and just said "I'm having problems with the RF switch, is there anyway you could reinburse me for that so I can pick up another one?"

Thats how I handled it when I got a faulty one with a Genesis, and both sides ended up happy and with positive feedback, but nah, that would be too tough! x_x