Thread: 360/720 motions... on a friggin' keyboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Default 360/720 motions... on a friggin' keyboard.

I've been trying to perfect 360's in fighting games for a while now, and I'm seriously improving. I can now perform 360's without jumping, and that thanks is owed to... AdamG, I think, who gave me an effective method he used for Zangief's Spinning Piledriver.

Now, I'm trying to perform 360's on a keyboard, and is it ever a pain. I have actually done 360 moves without jumping a few times on a keyboard, but not in the heat of battle, I was just practicing all those times against Player 2. What really buggers me is trying to do 720's. Jumping or not, they're almost impossible to do with a damn keyboard. Does anyone have any suggestions for rotations on this keypad?

Someday, I'll have to get an X-Arcade Stick, or at least a Gravis gamepad... are there any game pads with six buttons?
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Re: 360/720 motions... on a friggin' keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    I've been trying to perfect 360's in fighting games for a while now, and I'm seriously improving. I can now perform 360's without jumping, and that thanks is owed to... AdamG, I think, who gave me an effective method he used for Zangief's Spinning Piledriver.

Now, I'm trying to perform 360's on a keyboard, and is it ever a pain. I have actually done 360 moves without jumping a few times on a keyboard, but not in the heat of battle, I was just practicing all those times against Player 2. What really buggers me is trying to do 720's. Jumping or not, they're almost impossible to do with a damn keyboard. Does anyone have any suggestions for rotations on this keypad?

Someday, I'll have to get an X-Arcade Stick, or at least a Gravis gamepad... are there any game pads with six buttons?

BWA HA HA HA HA

I can't do 360/720 motions WITH the joystick. Unless you were the one schooling me in SFA3 with Zangeif on keyboard, t'wasn't me.

But, as I was saying I played someone on SFA2 online, he used the keyboard and just schooled me. Hard. I was a shoto too

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG
    But, as I was saying I played someone on SFA2 online, he used the keyboard and just schooled me. Hard. I was a shoto too :(
    I bet it was Sotenga ;D

When I get my copy of Fatal Fury Special for the x68K (and...you know...the system itself) I'll have to see if it's possible to do that sort of motion on the keyboard (there's a great joystick coming, but I hate joysticks, and in any case I don't want to wear it out). Should be a nice challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG
    But, as I was saying I played someone on SFA2 online, he used the keyboard and just schooled me. Hard. I was a shoto too
    I bet it was Sotenga ;D
    Actually, I never challenged either of you in an online fighting game. That will have to change someday. Do either of you use ICQ or Yahoo Instant Messenger? A game of Street Fighter Alpha 2 would be in order one of these days... anyone up to it?

Soooo... I guess it's a unique skill that I can perform 360's on a keyboard, and not too many people have advice for me. S'okay. I just won't use any 360 characters in an online match.

(BTW, if you do challenge me, realize your agony when you go up against my Akuma. SHOSH!!!)
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So, what's the secret to doing a 360?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember playing Mario World 64 on UltraHLE years ago (when it first came out) and had to plug in my freakin' flight stick to whack out Bowser. Felt kind of dumb playing Mario w/ something you use to blow up spaceships.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have a PS2 controller, you can buy a $10 adaptor at Radio Shack that plugs into your USB ports; then you plug the PS2 controller into that. It's what I use, and it works great! Saves a lot of money too.