Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: picture of secret NES style GBA(as promised)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love my NES and Nintendo to death. Nintendo is the reason I am a gamer today and will forever be the reason but I wouldn't doubt it to be a sticker. However, I really really hope it isn't. Because as previously mentioned, that would count me out. I want it to be a solid piece of equipment but maybe N wants to cut a corner? I really hope they don't though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet! Glad this is for real.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius
    FYI: In Japan the rerealesed Famicom classics were slightly cheaper than regular games.

This would indicate a probable $24.99 SRP in the US, which is ridiculous for one game.
    If you read the link I posted you would see that the games will sell for $20 a piece. Not bad considering the SNES ports are more. I would still like to see them at $10 a pop but we all knownthat will never happen. As far the system goes...the NES is my favorite system so I will definitely be getting this and all of the games even though I already have an SP.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

wow, i like how it looks, i think i might have to scrounge up some change and get both the nes and famicom gba sp

by the way, the prices for those games is ridiculous. you might as well just buy a nes.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be buying it.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23
    I wonder if the screen will blink a few times when you put carts in, just to add to the authentic feeling??

that be awesome

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I'm so not buying this!!! First, I think that SP looks ugly (mock-up render or not, I just don't like how the replication of the NES controller looks like on the SP).

As for the NES games, well... I already have 4 copies of the Legend of Zelda (3 NES copies in varying states, plus the GCN bonus disk)... Also, I have the NES version of DK for eReader plus the emulated version on Animal Crossing (ditto for Excitebike). As for Mario Bros.... AGAIN??? The nicer looking GBA version already appears on 5 different GBA games (SMB 2, SMB 3, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Mario & Luigi). This is getting ridiculous.

Good idea, so-so execution (they could easily have multiple NES games on one GBA cart... it's not like there's gonna be any unlockable extras on the carts!).

I'm all for classic gaming on the GBA, but Nintendo oughta take a look at what other companies have done: Namco (Namco Museum and Pac-Man Collection), Konami, Aspyr (Activision Anthology GBA)... On the other hand, I can only hope that Nintendo will not repeat the mistakes of THQ (Phantasy Stars Collection was buggy, especially where Phantasy Star 1 is concerned) and especially of Midway (Midway Arcade Greatest Hits gotta be one of the biggest POS of a retrogaming collection ever!).

Yet, we all know that these NES classics will probably sell well, especially where Zelda is concerned.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, I suppose I'm sorry for doubting you. This is great!

First of all, it wont be a sticker, c'mon...this is Nintendo we're talking about here. Do you really think that after all the systems they made with designs that WEREN'T stickers they'd release one WITH a sticker.

Also, the games, 19.99....that's highway robbery. I'm sorry but I just can't see paying that much. They will go down in price though. I will be getting one of these systems though.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

@Lady Jaye, I agree 100%. With a back catalogue so large, why do they keep recycling this handfull of titles. I keep asking why Nintendo can't give up a retro pack with NES games rather than dropping them here and there as unlockables and eReader cards and now this. I'd buy a multi-game NES comp in a heartbeat, but this is another solid "pass" for me.

@scooter...Zing!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The question is: Would people pay.......$100 for a Gamecube game with a large number of the classic NES titles? I realize, everybody wants the compilations but unless they are either making money at it or improving sales somewhere, they're going to keep dropping them here and there.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If someone is seriously willing to pay $20 for Super Mario Bros... an original cart that routinely doesn't sell for $1, there's something seriously wrong with the world.

At least Nintendo of America is releasing something here that characteristically remains an import only item. And if they can sell them, good for them!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Duh! I just had a brain fart! For some reason I thought that it was Mario Bros. rather than SMB that was being released on the GBA. Nevertheless, when will Nintendo release a new, true-blue Super Mario Bros. game? I don't mind re-releases, but if only these were more like Metroid Zero Mission's style (updated remake instead of a straight port with minor changes). SMB 3 was a step in the right direction, although the extra stuff should've been included as direct unlockables instead of necessitating the use of the eReader and of 2 GBAs (or a GBA and the GB Player).

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that I think that Nintendo is overmilking some of its catalog and that this will sooner or later backfire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IntvGene
    If someone is seriously willing to pay $20 for Super Mario Bros... an original cart that routinely doesn't sell for $1, there's something seriously wrong with the world.
    I don't understand the problem everyone has with this. If your a huge Nintendo fan, or a huge fan of the NES, or you just like the damn thing you buy it. If not, then you don't. I personally am a huge NES fan so I like stuff like this. People weren't jumping all over everyone who was raving about the famicom sp and those games (and they sell for more). Sure it would be great if they released a huge compilation of nes titles, but they want to milk things...thats the way its always been. Are people are so shocked now? Also, I see plenty of people buy weirder things (varients of the same game on the same system...2 or 3 times, etc.), at least this is on an different platform, portible even. Of course there are always alternatives, but I don't find it that strange.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im just glad this did indeed turn out to be 100 % true,i was so willing to bet it was becouse the friend i got it from works at a site and promised me it was.he has never failed me before with his information so why would he now.i cant wait to but one myself.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this GBA is cheesy at best but i can see the attraction. as far as the classic games i cant see paying 20$ a game. Heck i can buy a cart with 96 nes games on it for 60$ at the local fleamarket ( i dont feel bad about it because up to now those games are not available on the GBA only on the nes). ps I would love to fet all the atari 2600 games on one cart for the gba that would be so cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have an Indigo GBA and a still sealed Glacier GBA, but I have no GBA SP. I think I will purchase this one...though hopefully it will be around a while (I bet it is a limited edition thing , so I'll have to scarf one up). As far as those games go, I cringe at them. $20 for SMB? Yikes. Most of those games were on e-Reader cards for $3-5 each. They aren't "big" games. I do see myself purchasing THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, however. That would be worth the $20 to me...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IGN posted it as real also. I definatly think this thing is real. Maybe when i get some money I will buy it.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It is indeed rather disappointing to see SMB rereleased in this way. Didn't Nintendo already get everything right with SMB DX on the Game Boy Color? Why not just rerelease that?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I like it too. I held out on buying an Advance SP until that supercool Famicom one came out in Japan. I bought that one and love the look. This one is really tempting. I just like these kinds of novelties.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

The GBA E-Reader games didn't sell at all, since the reader itself was too gimmicky. Of course, that didn't stop crazy folk like myself from rushing out and buying all of the NES cards to play on the silly thing.

I'll be getting the SP, and probably SMB, Zelda, and Donkey Kong when they come out. I'll wait on the lesser known ones since they'll be around. Maybe they'll even drop in price while I wait!
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.