Thread: Accessory Box Goofs: Hilarity Ensues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Accessory Box Goofs: Hilarity Ensues

So, I'm rather curious to see both what else happens to be out there in the world, as well as people's favorite visual glitches with video game packaging. Cases in point:

a) Many of Interact's old boxes (like the Dual Impact 2, Power Pad, etc) showed a controller plugged into the respective system....except the cord was completely (and badly) photoshopped with one case where it was shown plugged into the memory card slot!

b) The XBox carrying case Box illustrates the case opened on the back to show the possibilities of said product. Almost the entire set of games are PS2/PSX versions.

c) An Interact package for Game Cube AV cables displayed a picture of the Dreamcast's AV end part.

d) The original boxes for GameShark CDX Dreamcast have the highlighted game as "Crash Bandicoot". (damn..there's a lot of Interact stuff).

e) Inside joke! If you look at the back of the Interact/Performance box for their System Tray (black thing with a fan, doors open in front) you'll see the 4 pictures of the 4 systems displayed showing off the way it works. If you scan carefully, you'll notice every system but Dreamcast has Interact brand controls. Why? The Interact brand DC controllers were too big to fit inside their own product!

f) And my all time favorite: On the front of the Disc Doctor box, with the collage of images, look closely at the video game image. The kid is holding an N64 controller. Resurface those carts baby!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a videogame system carrying case at target.

Inside, on the instruction card, it proudly proudly proclaimed "THIS PRODUCT BECOMES PORTIBLE WHEN CARRIED"

Join the Konami All Stars and get FREE stuff!

Visit the Prototype Archive - System Failure - A really old backup.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

My favorite Goof was in a print add.

Remember when EQOA came out for the PS2?? Well all the magazine advertisments that were in EGM and every other console magazine, showed pictures of people from all walks of life holding a controller and staring forward (like the picture takes was from inside the TV), and each advertisment page had well more than 10 peoples pictures on it.
    The big flubb was that all of them were holding Gamecube controllers.

I pointed this out at the EQOA launch at the Meteron, trying to get a free copy of the game, and got to talk to Sony some Ad execs about it. They didnt give me anything, but i ended up winning stuff later that night anyways, (the Logitech keyboard controller, and free EQ subscription cards)
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Re: Accessory Box Goofs: Hilarity Ensues

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    f) And my all time favorite: On the front of the Disc Doctor box, with the collage of images, look closely at the video game image. The kid is holding an N64 controller. Resurface those carts baby!
    lol. Man, that's rich.

I don't know if this counts, but I have in my hand right now an "Innovation Entertainment Joypad" with a box chock-full of lies. It's an NES controller by some unheard-of 3rd party, and it reeks of cheapness. For starters, there's a spoof of the Nintendo seal of quality stamped on the front cover, but it's so tiny and in so bright a shade of yellow, I suppose that they didn't expect anyone to peek any closer. Right above that, the box says, "COMPATIBLE WITH ALL8 BIT GAMES, CONTROL DECKS & ACCESSPRIES". It's got a ton of great features, including a "CONTROL PAD: USE THE 4 SIDES OF THIS PAD TO MOVE YOUR GAME CHARACTOR".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Speaking of bootlegs, my copy of the game Tiles of Fate has an 'AVS official seal of quality'
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Heh, almost as good as the Tengen Seal of Quality ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Ace Daetaur

One of the first brochures for when the N64 was coming out showed a guy with flaming hair playing star fox 64, however he held the controller on the outer sides, un-able to reach the control stick. I noticed it right away and knew the designers for the brochure understood little about gaming and only about graphic design. Maybe I'm just too anal...

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjax
    I got a videogame system carrying case at target.

Inside, on the instruction card, it proudly proudly proclaimed "THIS PRODUCT BECOMES PORTIBLE WHEN CARRIED"

You should scan that, thats good stuff.

I bought a 10-disc CD rack at Target (no more than 8 inches high)

What was on the front label? "Not to be used as a stand"

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We had a joystick from Lik Sang once....japlish and all. Number 1 precaution on the box.

1. DON'T MIX THE MESS.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talk about bad photoshopping why is there a playstation cover in a PAL Dreamcast case especially on a Dreamcast advertisement?

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is my favorite of all time.
    It came with a DDR knock-off dance pad (that also included a copy of Jungle Book Rythm and Groove for PS2). I opened one up at my store to remove the game for display. I've kept this sheet to this day!

-There is maybe have some white powder on the surface of the product, please wipe off by a piece of soft, clean cloth.

-Make sure to pave the cushion

-Don not put it near the furniture and other odds and ends

-Young children must be guided to use it, or need parents and teaches to accompany, in case to be tumbled by it.

-High technology product, do not apart, separate or fix it anyway. Or the damage can not be guaranteed.

-Do not keep it in the quite high or low temperature environment, especially far away from fireplace.

-If this product can't work well, please connect with your supplier directly.

-This product is made for indoor games only. Do not use it outdoors or in other occasion.

-Please shut off the power before removing this product.

-Please put it on a flat floor, but not too smooth.

-Do not wear sharp shoes when using it, that may cause damage to the product.

-When using this product, pay attention to keep your feet safety.

-Strong jump or shake may cause influence to the video and audio output.

-Please do not jump strongly, that may bring troubles to the other person.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §
    lol. Man, that's rich.

I don't know if this counts, but I have in my hand right now an "Innovation Entertainment Joypad" with a box chock-full of lies. It's an NES controller by some unheard-of 3rd party, and it reeks of cheapness. For starters, there's a spoof of the Nintendo seal of quality stamped on the front cover, but it's so tiny and in so bright a shade of yellow, I suppose that they didn't expect anyone to peek any closer. Right above that, the box says, "COMPATIBLE WITH ALL8 BIT GAMES, CONTROL DECKS & ACCESSPRIES". It's got a ton of great features, including a "CONTROL PAD: USE THE 4 SIDES OF THIS PAD TO MOVE YOUR GAME CHARACTOR".
    Don't forget that the START button on the controller itself is mispelled. It says CTART

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §
    lol. Man, that's rich.

Don't forget that the START button on the controller itself is mispelled. It says CTART
    Oh my... I haven't ever used the controller, so I never noticed that.

Looking at the box, the select and start buttons are actually reversed. Heh. At least they spelled it right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gahahahah that's awesome.

Spotted another one today; not so much a glitch but more of a head scratcher.

Flip over Hip Gear's new Xbox Live head-set and it reads

"wth extra long 6 foot cord for less tangling!"

Think about that for a moment.

My first question was, "It plugs into the controller...who the hell has ears that are six feet from their hands!?

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Its the first headset made exclusily for DDR: Ultramix for the XB, where you really dont want to hold the controller AND dance like a monkey at the same time. [/b]
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog