Thread: Stupid Islander. . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Default Stupid Islander. . .

Hmm, well I thought I was treating the islander properly when I hooked up my GBA. Apparently I wasn't, so I read up on the subject a bit, went and tried it again. Ok, I got a little further...but no, I haven't quite got it yet.

So...

How in the heck do you get the islander to drop the treasure chests he picks up? I've gotten him to shake the palms and eat coconuts and a little heart appeared above his head. So I thought, well this isn't doing anything so I dropped some cherries for him and left. I've gotten him to eat the cherries and again, another little heart. But the third cherry he ate, he got a little skull above his head. Still n-a-d-a. Nothing.

What am I doing wrong? I want my prizes! waaa!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

You have to circle strafe and fire with the .45 Thompson SMG untill his shields are depleted then switch to white phosphor grenades and lob them into his mouth untill his head explodes and his internal organs have been charred alive. Just be sure when you circle behind him to not get in the way of his sphincter cavity or it will squirt corrosive acid at your helmet visor.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Oh my God. I thought Revolt was annoying. At least he wasn't pathetic enough to join the usergroup just to make fun of the game.

@Achika: I hate the GBA Island. Just so you know that you're not alone. :lol:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    You have to circle strafe and fire with the .45 Thompson SMG untill his shields are depleted then switch to white phosphor grenades and lob them into his mouth untill his head explodes and his internal organs have been charred alive. Just be sure when you circle behind him to not get in the way of his sphincter cavity or it will squirt corrosive acid at your helmet visor.
    You been playing Beat Em & Eat Em for 2600 too much again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Actually Never played beat em and eat em but I think now im gonna try it out

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't STAND the island. I've heard there are rare items, and blah blah, but so far, I just think the island sucks. It's not bad to visit once in a while on the gamecube, but putting it on the GBA is just impossible. I can't get "That little bitch" to do anything (That's my nickname for her).

If nothing else, there are SO MANY TREES on that island, you can't see anything. Ahh well...
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I figured it out! When you go, you have to leave a fishing pole, a net, and a shovel on the ground (outside, just anywhere) Then save the data to the GBA. I went back and started playing with Dobie (he's my islander) Then started fishing, etc. Well, you have to feed him a few pieces of different fruit to see what he likes (he happens to LOVE coconuts in my case! JOY!) So you have to feed him about 3 of his favorite types until the white heart turns pink and he'll start dropping treasure bags or chests. You can continue doing this, when you are done, DON'T TURN OFF YOUR GBA. Go back to the island with Kapp'n and pick up your stuff.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've left all the tools on the island (net, shovel, pole). But the islander is still pretty dumb, and it's too hard to see, I can't see through trees

What I didn't know, was that you had to go BACK to the isalnd, I was wondering how it saved from the gameboy when you had been playing, NOWHERE in the directions does it say you have to go back to the island. Ahh well, suppose I MIGHT give it another try...
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

You have to pick the tool bundle up and set it infront of the islander. If he drops something in the trees (or you do) Just click madly until you pick it up again. When you go back with your character, stand in the spot he might have dropped the money or prize and look for the word bubble to appear.