Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An April Fool's horror story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default An April Fool's horror story

I wish this was an April Fool's joke.

I haven't posted this so much for sympathy as for thoughts about what to do with this seller (an American living in Japan) and to possibly release his name/PayPal ID/other whereabouts on the 'net if it turns out he was scamming me all along. It should be noted that his track record on GameTZ has him sending one person the wrong game (one of the regulars there, as well), probably as a result of being disorganized. Furthermore, he actually HAS sent me items before. Well, anyway, read on. I can just about guarantee you've never heard of anything quite as epic as this ;)

Quote Originally Posted by I
    Just a reminder that I'm still here and expect that item to be sent out. It's only been five days since I last emailed you but it's been 21 since I heard anything from you at all. Are you still alive? At the time of your last email you were just settling in. It has been nearly a month...I could move all the heavy furniture in my house around within that time, and probably find time to juggle dozens of auctions at the same time.

Three months and 11 days from now a whole year will have passed since I paid off the two Dracula series games I bought from you. A whole year. You have had my address the whole time (it was on the payment email you recieved - and I sent at least three payments for the current lot). A while back you said you didn't have my address but assumed I wouldn't appreciate your selling off MY stuff. What a courtesy! If you've lost it again, just load up PayPal and look through the history. It's there, under Edwin Herdman.

Going even further back (to December first) you wrote that you would "be home on the 12th so I will make arrangements to ship your boxes when I get home." This never happened.

I honestly don't mind that you've haven't had a chance to send the stuff out if there are good reasons for this happening. However, I mind that you obviously have been at your new apartment since at least the fifth and apparently haven't bothered to send me any word whatsoever. Is the item in the mail? Do you still care?

It is not my intention to brand you as a terrible seller. If everything arrives in the condition it was supposed to (I have all the pictures from the auction, so I'm expecting to get all the games, the system, the RGB tuner, the Cyber Stick, the monitor, the Sound Pro, and all the software including the replacement Samurai Spirits and two boxed Dracula games that I paid a lot of money for...) I will chalk the whole issue up to having been the result of bad fortune and a very busy schedule on your part. However, you will understand that I have no choice but to be very suspicious of what has happened.

I have never heard of a person waiting for a system as long as I have. I'm quite frankly stupefied as to how such a thing could've happened, and I am not pleased that it did. Every couple months I'd have a period of time when an email from you misled me into expecting the system to arrive. I'd wait two or three weeks, and then realize that the package was not going to arrive.

If I was somebody else you would have recieved countless angry emails or possibly even had some sort of legal action taken against you. I realize you did me a big favor and so I do not feel that I have a right to harass you about this. However, at this point in time the story has gotten so damn old that I just want to see the system before I die. Would it be wrong for a landlord to evict tenants that have not paid rent for nine months?

Find some time and send the item, and all will be forgiven. Just send it.

While we're young,
    Edwin Herdman

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Man, that's rough. Sorry about that. How much did you spend? 7 months have passed and you are still this nice toward him? Hell, I'd be swearing up and down and making lots of threats.

Good Luck with him Ed, I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Funny that, I only get angry with people I like ;D

Well, let's see. Close to three quarters of a grand on everything I've mentioned there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, that sucks. Wish I still sold -- I never fucked anyone. In fact, I was so solid, I probably would've gotten some hand jobs had the customers been any closer! Hehe... maybe that'll cheer you up!
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hee hee

I'm actually pretty cheerful right now, and I really don't think this is gonna go on too much longer (not the whole reason for the cheerfulnes though ;D ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Hee hee

I'm actually pretty cheerful right now, and I really don't think this is gonna go on too much longer (not the whole reason for the cheerfulnes though ;D ).
    so what are your next plans to try and take care of the situation....or are you just going to let it drop, a very costly drop, if thats the case
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not going to let it drop...not even a chance! I'm going to wait a while and see if he replies back.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope that things work out for you Ed.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That sucks so baad. I hope you get everything cleared up and working dor ya! Good Luck!!!
    What i need: SNES games and a few 32x!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Well that's a very good polite angry letter you wrote. Hopefully he'll respond. Do you still have his address? I know you said he moved but maybe it's time you started calling him?
    ________
    Fix ps3
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would file a BTR, but I see their account is frozen at the moment.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I emailed the same guy back in the summer hoping to work out a trade. He seemed like a decent guy at the time. I thought he lived in Florida though? Have you considered calling him? I have placed a few persuasive phone calls in my time to get my stuff back

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch
    Dude, that sucks. Wish I still sold -- I never fucked anyone. In fact, I was so solid, I probably would've gotten some hand jobs had the customers been any closer! Hehe... maybe that'll cheer you up!
    You have given me some sweet deals in the past but a hand job is definitely not in the future for you :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I honestly think he is a decent guy, but the most recent bit (as I mentioned in my email) has gone unexplained so far. There's no reason for it. I fully expect to get that stuff...but this makes me wonder what's going on...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Ed

You have the patience of a Saint. I would of lost my temper months ago. If you really step back from the situation and think about all you have been through and all the time that has lapsed, the chances of you getting anything is extremely low. I would say you are out the money , at this point.

Since this gaming community is relatively small and many people on these boards know just about all the key players in the classicgaming community, I would ask for thier help.

I would list out what you paid and what items you were promised. I would reveal the full details of who the person is that you made this deal with. Perhaps someone on these boards knows him , and can help getting in contact with him. And it would also benefit the group to know who he is , so that others avoid making a deal with him until your deal is completed and both parties are satisfied.

There is no excuse that this person can provide as to why he has not sent , what you paid for. And I would assume your not looking for any excuses. I would seek the help of others as a last ditch effort. Working this on your own has gotten you no where.

Best of luck to you

Dustin

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

One of the reasons I hate dealing with people who drag their ass is that after a month or two slips by they begin to justify not carrying out their end.

This can happen to 'honest' people who never intended to mess someone over, I've seen it happen particularly where several payments come in and if neglected, suddenly begin to pile up into a seemingly overwhelming monster of obligation. They just turn away from it. Sickens me, and drives me to settle all matters as soon as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is very unprofessional. I say you look into some sort of legal action. Start doing research, you will have lost a lot of money if you dont get your stuff. Or you could always make every peace of information you have on him as public as possible. Give out his email, phone number, and adress to anyone who will take it. Sign him up for email newsletters. Motivate him to reply to your emails.
    The Monarch: Hey, guess what? Nobody cares who would win in a crazy fantasy fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden. We never should have brought the henchmen. We're going to be the only ones there with henchmen!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47835

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

I agree , human nature (at least for lazy humans) is as time goes by it is easier and easier to just forget about it. Too much time has gone past on this one. This guy needs to be motivated to send or refund the money. Either through embarassment or fear or persuasion....

Someone needs to open a can o whoopass on this guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Re: dd

Ouch. I hope things turn out for you. I'm with those of use who think it's best to act quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    http://smellypoop.com/
    All Ordering has been removed from our site as we have recently learned it is not legal.
    heehee.