I don't have a room of doom. I do, however, have a completely unfinished basement. I'm planning on beginning the finishing process this summer, though admittedly I don't know a lot about carpentry so it will be a slow process for me while I learn. That's not the main point of this thread, though.

What I'm going to do is take a section of the basement and literally design a room of doom from the raw foundation. My basement as it stands now is unfinished concrete. The floor and ceiling are also open. There is very limited wiring down there now so I'll also be running all new electrical lines. Literally, this is from the ground up (actually, from 3 feet underground up).

Given this situation I'd like to solicit ideas, comments, questions, etc. Anything someone would like to contribute would be greatly appreciated. I can get area dimensions and pictures if people would like them... I'd like to have the ultimate room of doom here and I figure there is no better group of folks to help me design it than the great folks here at DP.