Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Animal Crossers Here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Any Animal Crossers Here?

I just recently purchased this game, and I am completely addicted. I can't miss a day of playing. It's like watching a TV show that you can't miss one episode of, cause you have to know what happens.

I like this series so much that if Nintendo announces a sequel for their new system then this game will be a system seller for me, I will HAVE to get it.

I'm wondering though. Is Nintendo going to continue with this series? I mean sure this game can be enjoyed all year, and is already a nearly endless experience, but i'm just wondering if they have more planned. I hope so!

Btw, does anybody have any storage containers, or dressers that hold more than 3 items? If that is the max it's fine, but I have to ask. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Default Re: Any Animal Crossers Here?

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    I just recently purchased this game, and I am completely addicted. I can't miss a day of playing. It's like watching a TV show that you can't miss one episode of, cause you have to know what happens.

I like this series so much that if Nintendo announces a sequel for their new system then this game will be a system seller for me, I will HAVE to get it.

I'm wondering though. Is Nintendo going to continue with this series? I mean sure this game can be enjoyed all year, and is already a nearly endless experience, but i'm just wondering if they have more planned. I hope so!

Btw, does anybody have any storage containers, or dressers that hold more than 3 items? If that is the max it's fine, but I have to ask. :P
    I used to feel the same way about this game, but you will eventually get sick and tired of it. I was so addicted to it that I bought all 4 series of e-Reader cards...I have all the 4 series complete. I eventually just got bored with it never ending and just gave up on it.

It is a great game while you have interest in it, I played for almost a complete year.

3 items is the most that a dresser can hold.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the game when it came out and played it almost everyday for close to year...in other words I absolutely loved it. I believe they are coming out with a second game, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I once crossed a bulldog with a shih t'zu......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

I love Animal Crossing. I got it for Christmas last year and I played it day and night, every day for about 2 months. It's even better if you have a GBA and can travel to Animal Island! Like tholly said though, it eventually gets repetitive and slightly boring (especially after you pay off all your debt too Tom Nook).

I still play it, just not as much as I used to. However if there is a sequel I will probably buy it.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I used to love the game... well I still do I just haven't played it in awhile. I never played by real time though. I more or less took the Harvest Moon approach and sped up my time when I had nothing else to do.

I've been wanting to get an e-reader for it though... so I'd probably start playing again once I got one.
    ________
    BMW F01
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:15 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I don;t necessarily do anything each day, but I have played it EVERY SINGLE DAY since its release (17 Sep 2002 I believe?). I have little plastic keychains and figures, as well as multiple plushies from it. I also bought Doubutusu No Mori E+, a Japanese version upgraded with better talking and more e-reader functions, new animals, and more (It came with a Japanese e-reader and cards). I don't understand it, but I like to play and stare at the *new* purple mouse mess with the Windmill that I bought

It's not an addiction... I can quit whenever I want... I hope...
    Egbert, I miss you...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I absolutely love Animal Crossing. I used to play it every single day. I have everything from Jingle and all of the holiday guys. My favorite thing to do is to go to your island and get some really rare stuff there. Plus you can stock up on things to sell to Nook.

Good times with AC, good times.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

The action figures they sell in Japan are cute. Would be cute to set up a table display with a minature Animal Crossing town. Cute and expensive.
    ________
    New Mexico Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Excellent game, this is... damn, I haven't played it in over a year-and-a-half... if I go back now, my house would be loaded with cockroaches. Blargh. I was thinking that I'd delete my current data and start all over. I could use a new challenge.

Oh, and am I the only one who believes that Tom Nook is actually the evil scourge of AC? Come on! The guy just wants to drown you in debt! EEEEEVIL!!!
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    Oh, and am I the only one who believes that Tom Nook is actually the evil scourge of AC? Come on! The guy just wants to drown you in debt! EEEEEVIL!!!
    Tom Nook is indeed evil.... Ive still not payed off the last house upgrade yet (its been well over 6 months)... It drives me insane giving him so much money.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nah, Tom Nook's a pretty decent guy. You've got to know how to beat him at his own game.

Animal Crossing had me for a while. Then, I had to stop. It was too addictive. It was fun while it lasted, though. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always liked Nook. I've payed off everything and have all of the store upgrades. Now he walks around in his little tux.

Another great part of AC are the NES games. I bet you couldn't guess my favorite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a great time with Animal Crossing, playing it almost every day for nearly a year. But now there's not much left to do and I hardly play it anymore. I can't wait for the sequel...hopefully they won't tinker with the original formula too much.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    I always liked Nook. I've payed off everything and have all of the store upgrades. Now he walks around in his little tux.

Another great part of AC are the NES games. I bet you couldn't guess my favorite.
    You know, I never got him to upgrade to Nookarooni's... or whatever the fancy place is called. He just stayed at Nook Way. I even bought out the store every day for, like, an entire month. I don't recall exactly how long. Anyways, don't tell me how to do it, if there's a trick involved; I think I'll start playing the game again...

P.S. Ballon Fight's my favorite, too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really like this game and have been faithfully playing since the day it was released. It's lots of fun and there is always something to do in your town. I have heard talks of another game in the series, but have not heard anything in a while

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight

You know, I never got him to upgrade to Nookarooni's... or whatever the fancy place is called. He just stayed at Nook Way. I even bought out the store every day for, like, an entire month. I don't recall exactly how long. Anyways, don't tell me how to do it, if there's a trick involved; I think I'll start playing the game again...

P.S. Ballon Fight's my favorite, too!
    Well... I won't directly say how to do it, but here are two hints (Highlight to read):

You can't get it like that.

You need 2 towns.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Gah! I couldn't help myself! Thanks for the hints (spoiler-free).

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I have this game, and every single e-Reader card (including the promo card - well, the two cards, technically - and all those pesky islanders). I enjoyed it quite a bit for a while - now just working on completing my fish and bug collections. I have probably missed one or two bugs since I haven't played very actively since November or so.

Unfortunately I've never found anyone nearby who also has the game so that I can upgrade my Nook's shop. In fact, if there's another meeting in the NJ / PA / DE area, we should bring a few cubes and do some scanning, swapping, and cross-town traveling.

I'd like to trade islands with someone, too - maybe after I get my NES games off of my current island, though. I want to get rid of this pesky Drift guy.

A great website for swapping stuff is http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com - I used to be fairly active there, especially when I was trading a lot to complete my card collection.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What were the promo e-cards?