8 88.89%

Thread: If you had to pick only one....

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default If you had to pick only one....

Right, well, I posted a while ago...remember the thread "Help me spend my first paycheck" when I got my new job? Well, that was decided for me....lets just say that I now owe over $500 towards local autoshop. Damn it! However, I am determined to get at least one good game out of what I have left of this month's pay. If you had to choose between StarFox Adventures or Kingdom Hearts, which would you pick? Please, besides voting in the poll, also post your thoughts on your game of choice, or why you didn't pick the other game.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i haven't played kingdom hearts, but i beat starfox adventures today, and that game kicked a lot of ass. if you like the n64 zelda games( i do), you'll probably like it, its a lot like that. it took me 17 total hours to beat it, my second time through i could probably beat it in maybe half that. once you start playing it you won't put it down for hours. its awesome!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you want to make a *lot* of money, quit this minimum wage job, concentrate on studying, get a 3.90 GPA in college, and then charge $100/hr for your services.

Troy (who wishes he had spent less time working and more getting fantastic grades)

P.S. Here's an idea: Ask your parents if they'd be willing to pay you to study. That's what I'll do with my kids when then become teens. If they work, they should get paid... even if it's just schoolwork.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked Star Fox Adventures for pretty obvious reasons...

I'm not a big fan of Final Fantasy or RPGs overall
    I've enjoyed past Star Fox games
    It's Rare's final Nintendo game
    It's gotten great reviews overall
    I own a GameCube and not a PS2

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@theaveng: I appreciate your advice but it's this simple: no car, no school. No job, no car. I have insurance costs and gas costs to think about, thus I must do at least a little bit of work. Plus, I just had to fix a short in my turn indicators, a broken O2 sensor, a collapsed hose, and I needed a new battery. I'm not doing too bad now, better than minimum wage. I make between $8 and $12 per hour waiting tables. Plus, community college isn't the hardest place to make good grades, you know?

I'm not going to ask my parents to pay me to study. If that's what you want to do for your kids, that's fine. In fact, I'd love a situation such as that myself, but to me it seems a bit ridiculous, expecially considering they are already taking care of room and baord for me, and helping out with the costs of my education. I can't see myself asking them to pay me (to do what I'm supposed to be doing anyway), just so I can support my gaming habit and social life.

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll EVER be making $100/hour or more. As a sophomore in college, I'm still undecided, but professional vocalists, music teachers, journalists amd japanese translators usually aren't the highest paid jobs, you know? Current choices of major are wavering between Vocal Music, Journalism (or another English), and Japanese Language.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kingdoms Hearts' camera angles make me want to run into doors for fun! *run,run,run, Ninja Gaiden Style, OUCH* :lol: