Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Launch of the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Quote Originally Posted by wberdan
    yeah i cant believe anyone is jumpin on this dude cause he starts threads.. i mean, chill out.

willie
    No ones jumping on him cause he makes threads, its just that we'd like to see him other places on the boards than just in his own threads. We're encouraging social participation. It's no fun just to play on your own court....gotta hit the playground every once in a while.

There are a number of reasons why you don't see me posting to much on other peoples threads. But the furthest down on the list is the "pure selfishness factor". It actually has more to do with alot more innocent of reasons.

Here are the reasons why you don't see me often posting in other peoples threads:

1. Pure Time Factor - I have very short windows of time to be on this website, and usually I have a burning question that I would love to have answered. Thus, in the short period of time that I have, I'm often doing my own post or responding to one of my posts.

2. No Broadband Factor - I used to have Broadband access, but haven't had it for a couple of months now. Why would Broadband be a factor? Well, I often click on all kinds of different posts, and sometimes I'm actually waiting several minutes to just have a single post load up!!!!! But if I click on "Post New Topic", it loads really fast.

3. Lack of Knowledge - For most of the posts out there, I just lack the knowledge required to interject anything of value. I'm not going to be posting about my favorite Sega Master System game, when I don't know a damn thing about the system. So alot of times I read other peoples posts but don't necessary respond because I don't feel that I really have that much knowledge on the subject to be posting about it. I don't usually want to just post one sentence posts either.

4. Pure Selfishness Factor - Now this is what Cmosfm and others are talking about. I'm not going to deny it. Yes, I'm a selfish individual. But I must say that this is the 4th factor in me not posting alot in other peoples posts. It's not the 1st factor, or the 2nd or the 3rd. So while it is indeed a true factor in my posting habits, it's not the overriding factor. Anyways, yes I'm selfish and I want "MY" questions answered, and I like to see my posts "Flourish". The first thing I do whenever I hop on DP is check the general Video Game section and just see if there are any particularly interesting topics. Then after that I usually will do a search of my own posts to see if there were any responses that I've never read. Then after that, oftentimes I will have a particular topic or question that I would like to throw out there. So that is the typical method that I have. But sometimes I will read another guys post and feel like there is something I can add to it.

For example: Christianscott27 had a topic about Steamgear Mash. He was talking about how him and his toddler sometimes play it in his toddlers room on a Commodore 1084 monitor. I happened to comment on the fact that those Commodore 1084 monitors are perfect for RGB display on alot of Video Game systems. Gaming in RGB is something that I know about, so I felt it was a good idea for me to interject and bring that up.

Another example is classicb had a post about a possible re-design of the PS2. I commented on how I felt that if Sony could add Dolby Digital 5.1 in game support and progressive scan 480P support that the PS2 could hang in there for a lot longer period of time. The reason that I commented that is because I've always felt that Dolby Digital 5.1 sound during actual game play is a huge factor and one of the biggest things that the PS2 was lacking. I also felt that the lack of Progressive Scan as a "standard" feature was another thing that the PS2 was really lacking. Of course I'm an audio/video nut besides being a video gamer. So I felt like this was something that I could comment on.

But believe me, I get your point. I did a search on all topics that I've posted on, and it seems that 85 percent of them or more are ones that I started. Only about 15 percent or less were ones that somebody else started, where I was adding a comment or a question or a suggestion or something. So I definitely can see a trend in my posting style. In terms of me being a "selfish" poster that just wants "his" questions answered, and "his" topics pondered.

I can see that.

And I'm going to make a serious effort in trying to curb that and participating more in other peoples topics.

So I don't believe the criticism of me is at all off-base. In fact it's very on target. For two different people to come to the same conclusion about me as a poster, it kinda opened my eyes quite a bit. If It was just one guy's opinions, then I could dismiss it as somebody being out of left field. But considering that two complete different guys felt the exact same way about my posts, that was a definite red flag.

So I appologize to everbody on DP, and like I said, I'm going to try to curb my "selfish" posting style as much as possible, and I'm going to focus in more on contributing to other peoples posts.

Thanks.

Seacrest OUT!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think Anthony1 contributes MUCH more quality to this board in his 3.8 posts per day than you do Cmosfm with your 13.5 posts per day

Don't listen to 'em Anthony1. Keep the questions coming.

And for the record, there are 17 US NES launch titles, not 20. And none of them are "Arcade Classic series". Those came out in June of '86.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have these ones:
    Urban Champion
    Popeye
    Wrecking Crew
    Kung Fu
    Hogan's Alley
    Gyromite
    Excitebike
    Duck Hunt
    Super Mario Bros. (Both boxed and unboxed.)
    Mach Rider
    Baseball
    Golf
    10-Yard Fight
    Pinball

These are the ones I don't have yet:
    Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    Wild Gunman
    Stack Up
    Ice Climber
    Clu Clu Land
    Tennis

Now, the launch titles. Was the Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt sold separately at the time?

And what order and release date did each NES set come out? (Deluxe, Action, etc...)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    I think Anthony1 contributes MUCH more quality to this board in his 3.8 posts per day than you do Cmosfm with your 13.5 posts per day
    *ahem* for the 500th time....

...I work 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. I have the internet here at my store. In between customers I have nothing to do so I post and chat, and if you'd read through a lot of my posts I just don't post for the sake of posting I always have something relevant to say, a joke to make, a comment I feel I need to put out there, a helpful post or hint, something other than just a post for the sake of a post.

So please do not go taking pot shots at me until you do your research on the matter, I contribute pretty well here, and I think I'm fairly liked here. I was pointing out something that was bothering me about Anthony1 and he understands where I'm coming from.

So anyways, I think I will disregard your comment, because obviously it was an uneducated and unresearched remark simply based on the fact you don't like me pointing out a problem with a user and not being 100% super sugery nice.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Now, the launch titles. Was the Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt sold separately at the time?
    Yes they was.

And what order and release date did each NES set come out? (Deluxe, Action, etc...)[/quote]

I don't have a clue about release date but each NES set come out like this :

Deluxe
    Control Deck
    Action
    Power Pad
    Challenge
    Sports
    then the Top Loading.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniperCCJVQ

Deluxe
    Control Deck
    Action
    Power Pad
    Challenge
    Sports
    then the Top Loading.
    I have the Deluxe now. Got it off eBay. Had the Action set in the 80's.

What were the games with all of them?

Deluxe: Duck Hunt and Gyromite (Came with Zapper-Gray and ROB.)
    Action: Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt (On the infamous double-cart we all have seen many times. Came with a Zapper-Orange.)

What were in the others?
    Was the Control Deck just the system and controllers?
    What games were in the Challenge Set. (I have a feeling it was SMB3, wasn't it?)
    How about the Sports set? (Can't think of what game they'd include in it.)
    And the Power Pad set. Wasn't it Track Meet? That was the one with SMB/DH/WCTM, right?

Did the Top Loader come with any games at the time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Deluxe
    Control Deck
    Action
    Power Pad
    Challenge
    Sports
    then the Top Loading.
    I have the Deluxe now. Got it off eBay. Had the Action set in the 80's.

Action: Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt (On the infamous double-cart we all have seen many times. Came with a Zapper-Orange.)

What were in the others?
    What games were in the Challenge Set. (I have a feeling it was SMB3, wasn't it?)
    And the Power Pad set. Wasn't it Track Meet? That was the one with SMB/DH/WCTM, right?

I am pretty sure the redesigned NES came with SMB3 at some point...

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Did anyone mention what the other first release games were? I saw a site last night that said something about "Milk and Nuts" being a launch game which was kinda odd because I was looking up Magic Cards and not video games. But thought I'd mention it. Have no idea if it's true, and in fact I've never even heard of the game. Although I did look it up on GameFaqs before posting.
    ________
    Lenya
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both are correct.

Yes, including Super Mario Bros alone.

Third right answer

The Sports Set is probably the more rare set right behind the Top Loader. It consists of a NES with 4 controllers, and the NES Satellite. This including the Super Spike V'Ball / Nintendo World Cup combo cart. It was basically target for multiplaying.

Fourth good answer

No.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Did anyone mention what the other first release games were? I saw a site last night that said something about "Milk and Nuts" being a launch game which was kinda odd because I was looking up Magic Cards and not video games. But thought I'd mention it. Have no idea if it's true, and in fact I've never even heard of the game. Although I did look it up on GameFaqs before posting.
    I don't know but "Milk and Nuts" was in fact released in Japan and can be found on alot of famicom multicart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    I don't know but "Milk and Nuts" was in fact released in Japan and can be found on alot of famicom multicart.
    Yeah I saw that. Also before being ported to the Famicom it was suppose to have been an arcade game.
    ________
    NO2 VAPORIZER

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We have no reason to believe that Milk & Nuts was ever considered for release in the U.S. In Japan it was released 7-28-84, making it the first third party game for the Famicom!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wheeeew. It is just videogames. We all just want to be heard. It is all good.
    Side Note:

Now that We have come full circle and see the GBA releasing a classic collection and cool new NES controller styled system how many times have we bought the same thing from Nintendo. Isn't addiction great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    We have no reason to believe that Milk & Nuts was ever considered for release in the U.S. In Japan it was released 7-28-84, making it the first third party game for the Famicom!
    Maybe the article I read was talking about the Jap release. It never actually stated which country they were talking about. Thanks for the info though. (:
    ________
    ShyRoxanne

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh dear. I just realized I referred to it as Milk & Nuts instead of Nuts & Milk. There goes my reputation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    Oh dear. I just realized I referred to it as Milk & Nuts instead of Nuts & Milk. There goes my reputation.
    Apparently it's Nutz and Milk anyway. :P
    ________
    Paoli