Thread: "Choplifter: Iraq" game idea

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "Choplifter: Iraq" game idea

After witnessing Konami continuing its Gradius series with "Gradius V," I thought,"wouldn't it be cool if there was a 'Choplifter: Iraq' game out now."

With all the news reports of hostages in Iraq, one would think you would need a helicopter to rescue the hostages from the insurgents. "Choplifter" is one of my all-time favorite games, and I still play the Sega version on MAME even though it's hard.

And like "Gradius V," "Choplifter: Iraq" would keep its side-scrolling 2D aspect intact, but stretched out like "Darius" or "The Ninja Warriors" so you can see what is ahead of you. The surrounding would change with night and day. The game would be easy like the original, but if you hit a mosque, the game would have you chopper dancing around swarms of bullets (think of dodging boss bullets in "Twin Cobra"). When you start the game, you get to choose the city you want to free hostages in, like Najaf or Fallujah. You also get to choose from one of several choppers. You also have choppers that look like yours, but captured and flown by insurgents to hunt you down.

Power-ups? Multiplayer? The ability to change to an insurgent in mid-game to capture instead of rescue? If anyone has any ideas to "Choplifter: Iraq," please contribute!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

I think thats a great idea Jared Center. It could cause some controversy, which could help sales. And if they keep it old school, there shouldn't be a problem. In recent years, Konami has done good on they're PS2 franchise sequels, but I don't think they own the rights to Choplifter. Hopefully we'll see it in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sounds like a cool idea.i still play choplifter on my sms from time to time.if anyone made the iraq choplifter game,i hope it will be better than the other choplifter games that came out after the sms version.those were pretty bad.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com