Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your best find within a find?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default What is your best find within a find?

I was talking with VACRMH today and he had the idea for this topic, but was just too lazy too post it, lol. What is your best find within a find?

For example, I remember someone on here buying a Sega Cd and then finding snatcher in the tray. Something like that, or buying something at a flea market and then having something else cool in the box you didn't expect.

I think my BEST would be buying an NES lot and finding an Arkanoid cart in the system itself. Not that great, but still.

I also found a PSone memory card inside of a Sega Saturn game box from a lot a I bought at a flea market.

Found a small bear holding a heart () inside some packaging materials when I got a lot off of eBay once...gave that to my mother, she was happy!

VACRMH found a Lethal Enforcers Sega CD manual he needed in another game case he bought once.

So what kinda finds within a find have you found?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recently, I bought a boxed Gameboy and found Tail gator ,and Ren and Stimpy Show: Space Cadet Adventures inside the box.

Unless you're buying from eBay there is really no reason to be surprised. You should always thoroughly investigate your finds before you buy. I don't, hence my Gameboy surprise, but I feel a bit dumb when I do get surprised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I purchased a boxed copy of Dragon Warrior from a local gamestore when I first started collecting. I paid $10 for the box, game, manual, maps, and charts. When I got home and opened up the game and got to it, I noticed that my maps weren't very accurate. I was puzzled at first until I realized that the charts and maps and manuals that were in the box were actually the stuff for Dragon Warrior 1, 3, and 4. Needless to say, I was very happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i bought a box that had a playstation with hook ups and 2 controllers and a boxed nintendo with hook ups and controllers and another nintendo unboxed with controllers for $20 at a car show and when i got it home, the 2 nintendos had a game in each ... tetris and ironsword....two carts that i didnt have until i bought this lot
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Riceyo

Bought NiGHTS recently and had an unexpected copy of NiGHTS Xmas also in the case

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

When I bought my 3DO, a copy of Way of the Warrior was still in the system.

I thought about bringing the game back...felt bad getting a game in a system that I didn't pay for.

Then I played the game, realized it stunk, and didn't feel so bad anymore.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hmmm... I can't recall anything particularly notable. I have gotten a few NES manuals I didn't expect tucked inside other manuals.

One surprise that made me feel really stupid was when I was buying my boyfriend Majora's Mask and a N64 expansion pak so he could play it. I had never owned a game that needed the expansion pak myself, so that was the first time I bought one. We had bought his N64 used about a year before, and I assumed it had no expansion pak. So along came his birthday, I gave him the presents, we get ready to put the expansion pak in, and... lo and behold, it already had one. >_< It didn't go to waste, though, since we put it in his sister's N64. However, it was a dumb mistake, and I wish I had spent that money buying him a gift he could actually get some use out of. :P

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my gutted free arcade cab still had $1.25 in the token tub :P
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christianscott27
    my gutted free arcade cab still had $1.25 in the token tub :P
    lol
    Midwest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I once got a manual for the European version of Streets of Rage...inside a Master System case...obviously all from England and recently...

I was also pleased to find out that the ancient National Semiconductor 9 volt calculator I dropped all of thirty-nine cents on had a whole bunch of messed up red bubble LCDs (or whatever it is they're called), which pleased me to no end.

I found a DewU point during Spring Break...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a Saturn at a flee market and it had Sonic R in the tray. I was pretty happy.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a copy of pirates gold enclosed with a CDX I picked up here

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only had 2 that I can remember. Bought a gamegear for $5 and it still had Sonic 2 and working batteries. Other one was when I bought a boxed Playaction Football, cuz I wanted some boxed NES games, and there were 2 unused play reference cards in there. My friend found them and told me those were pretty hard to come by. I don't know, are they really?
    http://www.geocities.com/pyropenguin0000 (Last updated: 8/31)

Jesus built my car, it's a love affair

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I be the lucky sob who found the snatcher in my sega cd. Won a model 1 sega/cd combo (front loading one) anyways the guy throws in (for free) about 8 sega cd games, final fight, lethal enforces, I forget what else. Anyways I finally get it hooked up and once I figured out how to open the cd tray (only had a model 2 myself) it popped out, adn so did my eyes. paid 34 shipped for the sega nd the games, and sold snatcher for 50. I love the game but I beat it and could use the extra money for games. Plus it was loose.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was at the flea market and I found a Saturn for sale. They wanted a little too much so I was going forget it till I decided to open it and I found Super Street turbor Puzzle Fighter II. I bought it for 8 dollars best game I ever played, best played with other people. Also Youruglyclone hoped you enjoyed Pirates gold. I thought it was a great deal with the CDX.
    It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true.
    The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently bought a big lot of stuff from a guy for $100 shipped. The lot included a genesis, a ps1, a saturn, a power base converter, SMS 3D glasses (the main reason for the purchase) and about 30 games total. Unknown to me was that the games included were: Phantasy Star 1, 2, & 3 as well as Power Strike (an SMS R7). Needless to say, I was extreemly happy with my purchase.

BTW: The SMS 3D glasses rule

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last summer from yard sales:

Found a complete copy of some common TG game (I forget which). The woman didn't even know what it was so she just gave it to me. When I got it home and opened it there was a hidden Parasol Stars HU card in the case along with the other game.

I saw a guy putting a PS1 Dual Shock bundle (boxed) out onto a table. I was in a real hurry and really only wanted the box so I gave the guy $10 for it and didn't even open it because I was in a hurry (my son had to pee). When I got it home it wasn't a PS1 in the box, it was a Saturn with memory cart and a wallet full of decent games (probably 10 in total).

I bought a Dreamcast from this kid for $15 and he says "hey, I have a couple of games, let me find them and you can buy those too". He comes out with Shenmue (at this point I don't have and have never played a DC) but can't find disk 2 so he just gives it to me. I gladly accept and when I get the DC home I find disk 2 in the console.

A few years ago I traded a guy some TG HU dupes I had for his 2600 jr and about 25 games. "Some Activision games but nothing else of note," he says. One of the games is Q-Bert's Qubes.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When i bought my SNES, the seller´s son gave me the SNES with an Arcade Joystick boxed and two loose carts for free...i don´t know why...maybe my face was

Matías

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was about to buy an NES package with 20 games at a flea for $40, it had quite a few R4's and R5's in it, worth well over $100. As my girlfriend handed over the cash, I flipped open the lid and saw Pac-mania in it, a 21st game the seller didn't know about). We finished paying and walked off very happily

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    I bought a Dreamcast from this kid for $15 and he says "hey, I have a couple of games, let me find them and you can buy those too". He comes out with Shenmue (at this point I don't have and have never played a DC) but can't find disk 2 so he just gives it to me. I gladly accept and when I get the DC home I find disk 2 in the console.

That's classic!

This has only happened to me a few times, nothing major though. I bought an Intellivision game, and it had the overlays in it for another game that I already had. Also, I bought Columns for Sega Genesis, but it had Sonic Classics in the box. That was nice. And I bought a Game.com, which had two games still in it that I didn't realize were there when I picked it up.