Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IGN Game Collection Feature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm

This is bullshit, I have more games "catalogued" in my IGN database than this guy so I wonder what there criteria is for picking these people...do they just have some trained monkey pick some guy with a lot of games or something?

Meh, whatever.
    Because you have to send them some photos of your collection:

Quote Originally Posted by From bottom of IGN page
    Do you have a game collection worth showing off? Whether you have lots of games, a unique way to display your collection, or a small but sweet lineup of rare or highly rated games, set up your collection on IGN (users.ign.com)or GameStats and show it off. The service is free.

Once you're done, send us some photos of your collection at games@ign.com (you can use the same email address to submit game titles not yet in our database) and you might just be the next gamer to find his or her name in this column.
    I also tried to email them about adding MBR/SR to the list and didn't get any response. Its not that bad for me since thats the only game I have that isn't there, but I agree the should keep the thing up to date. Maybe chrisbid (if its not too much trouble) should compile a list of our games and email them...they have to listen to the person they showcased, right?

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

Quote Originally Posted by wisekrak
    Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    How would you guys like a system akin to dvdprofiler.com, but for games?

dave
    The BEST Idea i've heard in a long time. The big problem is, someone has to host the central database. DVD profiler has a community that constantly tweaks and updates it's database on a regular basis. CollectorZ game collector software is the closest thing to DVD Profiler, but no central database where the community can update.

Maybe we could hassle those guys to release a game version of their software???
    i was thinking there could be something like this on DP with since theres the new searchable database
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm

This is bullshit, I have more games "catalogued" in my IGN database than this guy so I wonder what there criteria is for picking these people...do they just have some trained monkey pick some guy with a lot of games or something?

Meh, whatever.
    Because you have to send them some photos of your collection:

Quote Originally Posted by From bottom of IGN page
    Do you have a game collection worth showing off? Whether you have lots of games, a unique way to display your collection, or a small but sweet lineup of rare or highly rated games, set up your collection on IGN (users.ign.com)or GameStats and show it off. The service is free.

Once you're done, send us some photos of your collection at games@ign.com (you can use the same email address to submit game titles not yet in our database) and you might just be the next gamer to find his or her name in this column.
    I also tried to email them about adding MBR/SR to the list and didn't get any response. Its not that bad for me since thats the only game I have that isn't there, but I agree the should keep the thing up to date. Maybe chrisbid (if its not too much trouble) should compile a list of our games and email them...they have to listen to the person they showcased, right?
    Oh.

<_<

>_>

My bad?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[shameless plug]

A good system, that's probably better than IGN's, can be found here: http://uk.playright.dk

[/shameless plug]
    Setup Stuff (1 MB) Hall Of Fame
    Say what? This is no fluke. This is why I'm here every year.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Ive been trying to get a few PSOne games added to the list for almost 2 months. Ive emailed them a few times, and gotten nothing back in response. Im going to get the list finished up this weekend, and going to try and get some pics in, and see what they say. I dont mind a little blurb on me

If Anyone can think to get these games added (connections internally allways help) I would love it.

PSOne Games that need to be added
    All Star Racing 2 (Mud Duck)
    American Pool (Mud Duck)
    Extreme Go-Kart Racing (Agetec)
    Robo-Pit 2(Mud Duck)
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i had posted pictures of my collection a month or so ago, and one of the editors came across it, and was impressed with it enough that he thought it would be a good idea to show off collections. I dont frequent IGN as much as i used to (I used to do freelance for them), but i still have a few friends there i keep with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    How would you guys like a system akin to dvdprofiler.com, but for games?

dave
    I love DVD profiler. It's the shiznit! Would you have links for developers and publishers like DVD profiler has for the actors? Just kidding. But it would be cool. You can add in cheats/easter eggs just like they do in DVD profiler.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I'm just not big on announcing what's physically located in my home to the internet at large - especially on places like GameTZ.com where I'll be giving at least some of those people my address. I should get a PO box, I know, but if I don't list what I have then I have less to be concerned about.

We have an alarm system and all, it's just - I don't trust people over the internet. Call me a cynic.

On the topic of accurate online databases: Fatman games may have a lot of typos when it comes to your particular system...I've seen a lot of Apple ][ games on there that are accurate. If something isn't right or is missing, Fatman has an automated form to let you put it in.

Looking for a pre-made, complete inventory system online somewhere is probably a search done in vain at this point, since it's a somewhat new fad to be posting all this online anyways. Just contribute to whatever database you want to use and make it better.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?