Thread: Flea markets!

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Flea markets!

Well with the lovely weather I guess flea market season started, I know the one here in Dover is on today. Anyone going out hunting?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't been hunting in a long time. I should go next saturday.

The problem in we have a flea market troll that goes to every fleas market 8 on saturday morning and buys any game stuff he can find. Or has people hold it for him.

The only way to get past him is to also go the the flea market at 8 on saturday and hope you went to a different one then the one he went to first.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The city is trying to shut down one of the mini flea markets here, which is really depressing since I found a bunch of really good finds there a couple of weeks ago.

Other than that, I don't really know where many are, so I mostly just hit up yard sales, which can be just as fruitful

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was once a big department store on the other side of the next town from where I live. It was called The Big Wheel...kind of similar to K-Mart. Anyway, for the last several years, they've had Flea Markets there every Sunday (not sure if they have them in the winter but I wouldn't be surprised). I got a nice deal there once on a nice clean ColecoVision. One other time I picked up a couple other games (Dreamcast & Ps1) which were nice quality though I thought the prices from that one vendor could've been just a tad lower...of course, it was my decision to buy or not. I haven't been to this flea market in months...and I'm probably feeling too lazy to go today. Maybe next Sunday.

I did notice someone in my area having a yard sale today...if they're still having it today, I may mosey on over and see if they have anything.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Anyone from NJ going to the one in Dover?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Our flea market season has been going strong for some time now. As a matter of fact it is going to get to hot for it really soon.
    Too bad, I have been finding lots of goodies lately.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the ever unpredictable NE weather has smiled on us for at least one weekend and i wasted no time getting back to the flea markets

thus far- boxed colecovision $20, 4 N64 carts $7, 5 boxed earthworm jim figures $8

passed on - lots of NES commons, a few 2600 commons, sports gen games, various beat up consoles, boxed odyssey with 12 games ($25), boxed ADAM ($40)
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i love swaps and always find good stuff there!
    What i need: SNES games and a few 32x!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I work most Saturdays, so I can't get out to them until Sunday. I was thinking about going to one today, but I was too tired.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to my local one today. The find of the day was a loose Namco Pac-man for NES for $2.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christianscott
    passed on ..., boxed odyssey with 12 games ($25)
    I'll assume that's an Odyssey 2 you passed on there. :P
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I've been stoppin at flea markets for about a month...not too many around here, but I've found some real sweet stuff at em.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm on the last few weeks of my Uni course soon as that is over the UK flea market games will be mine, all mine (evil laugh).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ClubNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by christianscott
    passed on ..., boxed odyssey with 12 games ($25)
    I'll assume that's an Odyssey 2 you passed on there. :P
    Probably. It would be inconceivable that Christian passed on an Odyssey 1.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yep it was an 02 guys

as i said it was boxed, a dozen games in a wood grain holder, minus the styros and manuals. really not a bad find at all but i had a hunch i'd find something else and didnt want to blow most of my cash on it. soon 3 other collectors appeared on the lot, first was that guy spleen (ebayer). we talked about it and both agreed that there was no hope of trading it off or turning much of a profit on it, the joe d. came by and said he like me also had 2 spare O2s hee couldnt unload...finally joe's sidekick mike talked him down to $20 and took it home. anyways its nice to see the classic stuff still turning up, if my collection burned down i could rebuild the basics in a summer there.
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christianscott27
    yep it was an 02 guys

as i said it was boxed, a dozen games in a wood grain holder, minus the styros and manuals. really not a bad find at all but i had a hunch i'd find something else and didnt want to blow most of my cash on it. soon 3 other collectors appeared on the lot, first was that guy spleen (ebayer). we talked about it and both agreed that there was no hope of trading it off or turning much of a profit on it, the joe d. came by and said he like me also had 2 spare O2s hee couldnt unload...finally joe's sidekick mike talked him down to $20 and took it home. anyways its nice to see the classic stuff still turning up, if my collection burned down i could rebuild the basics in a summer there.
    Yeep! That's some competition. At least with my yard saling I never run into any other DP members... the only other DP members I know in my immediate area don't do yard sales that I have noticed yet. The one thing I have noticed, though, is there are a few yard sale ebayers who include gaming stuff in their range of items.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    There was once a big department store on the other side of the next town from where I live. It was called The Big Wheel...kind of similar to K-Mart. Anyway, for the last several years, they've had Flea Markets there every Sunday (not sure if they have them in the winter but I wouldn't be surprised). I got a nice deal there once on a nice clean ColecoVision. One other time I picked up a couple other games (Dreamcast & Ps1) which were nice quality though I thought the prices from that one vendor could've been just a tad lower...of course, it was my decision to buy or not. I haven't been to this flea market in months...and I'm probably feeling too lazy to go today. Maybe next Sunday.

I did notice someone in my area having a yard sale today...if they're still having it today, I may mosey on over and see if they have anything.
    I'm from Follansbee (now living in Cleveland) and I used to hit that flea market every sunday morning with my buds. The Big Wheel indeed was a big dept. store (for it's time). The lobby had a Mr. Do! machine and at one time had a Bubbles machine. Cant remember what the other games were. Also had a egg-prize machine that was a talking parrot - "I'm a pretty bird!", they still have that damn thing sitting in the lobby but no more Mr. Do. Once it was converted into a flea market I bought a lot of records there but video-game-wise it's not so hot. One time I managed to buy a bag full of 2600 and 5200 games off of some guy, nothing rare but 30+ carts for 20 bucks aint bad. That was about 5 years ago and I'm still looking for a 5200 to play them on. If you are from the valley then I'm sure you know about Roger's and Trader Jack's? Too bad Rogers is only open on Friday's and I have to take a day off to go.
    Cinnamon!