Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Mission 4 Demo Arrived today!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Front Mission 4 Demo Arrived today!

I think i signed up for the free demo via these boards or the CAG boards. BUt none the less, by Front Mission 4 demo for PS2 arrived today. I totally forgot about it too!

What a great game. It's turn based strategy with some great cinematics, style and game mechanics.

Anyone get theirs yet?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I forgot I signed up for that also!

No telling if I'll get one or not, though. I heard there was only a limited ammount available and I got no confirmation that I would get one. I guess the next couple weeks will tell.

You lucky bastard.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i got an email from home that told me that it came in the mail...even though i completely forgot about it, they felt it was important enough to tell me. i wont be home until the 5th, so ill have to wait to try it out.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I got mine last week sometime. It seems pretty good to me (Also it's my first FM game to try) but I find the pilot's voices to be annoying.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the pilots voices. I think that the voice acting has been done rather well. The talking head animations in the game are great too. I have only played a little bit, but this seems like a great game. I can only assume that there was a Front Mission 1 though 3? I don't recall ever hearing of them though?

Anyone know if the release version will be online?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Christ, he has'nt even PLAYED a previous FM game?

You're not that deserving of that demo! GIMME!

Kidding, of course.

Yes, Front Mission was a Super Famicom game, around 1995 I want to say. It's been translated so we can enjoy the ROM on this size of the ocean, as the game was never released over here. Front Mission 2 came out for the PSX a few years later, and that also never left Japan.

Front Mission 3, though, is one of my MOST FAVORITE Square games. It came out for the PSX in 1999, I want to say, and everything in it is great -- two different storylines, cool mechs, nice plot, wonderfull music, good graphics. Only the translation was a little on the poor side.

I can't WAIT to get FM4!

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game is probably the most BORING THING I'VE EVER SEEN.

It's not even good strategy. My advice to everyone is to STEER CLEAR and go spend your money on Disgaea or the original Final Fantasy Tactics if you want a good strategy RPG.

I thought FM3 was average or so. It had a LOT of problems, but I think FM4 only makes the problems worse, and adds a few of its own.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I just overlooked FM3. It's tough for me to get into turn based strategy games. I couldn't get into FF Tactics at all - but a few other games like say, fire emblem or advance wars kept my attn for a little while, but I never completed them. I dig the style of this one so far. My experience with these kind of games is very light, but this seems like a decent one to get into, plus it's from "Sqa'enix."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    I like the pilots voices. I think that the voice acting has been done rather well. The talking head animations in the game are great too. I have only played a little bit, but this seems like a great game. I can only assume that there was a Front Mission 1 though 3? I don't recall ever hearing of them though?

Anyone know if the release version will be online?
    The accent-free voice acting is fine, but the "ethnic" voice acting is atrocious, with the most stereotypical accents I've ever heard outside of a Rob Schneider movie.

The character portraits would be great if their mouth movements were synched up to the speech, instead of just flapping open and closed like robo-puppets.

That being said, I like FM4; it doesn't have the depth or longevity of the Nippon Ichi S/RPGs, but it's a good time. I mean, c'mon, giant robots shooting each other.

And, nope, it won't have Network Adaptor support. Wouldn't that have been sick?

-- Z.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine yesterday, but I didn't get an email about it
    Keep It Stinky, Baby

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got mine last friday. want more? when you finish the demo, save your data, and go back to the mission select screen. press up, then X, and there's a secret mission which is a bit tricky if you're unprepared.

make sure you equip properly- keep the repair pack, but have at least 3 missile firing mechs and the best machine guns or shotguns. take out the first mechs on the left and right, then take the long way around by going after the helicopters (a missile or two & an EMP pulse works wonders) and then make your way back to the boss, stopping to missile the grenade launcher on the lower ramp. avoid the right ramp, as it's a deathtrap. go up the left ramp in single file on the far left and try to save some missiles for the boss up top and maybe one or two of his mech guards. the final launcher can be EMPed and blasted with regular gun attacks. after that, you're all done- enjoy!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Yes, Front Mission was a Super Famicom game, around 1995 I want to say. It's been translated so we can enjoy the ROM on this size of the ocean, as the game was never released over here. Front Mission 2 came out for the PSX a few years later, and that also never left Japan.
    There's a Super Famicom Front Mission Shooter... I always thought that was Front Mission 2.

Aww... googled it and you're right. Front Missions Gun hazzard is a spin off and there's another PSX Front Mission game aswell totaling 5 in the series... 6 counting the upcomming Front Mission 4.

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionar...ront%20Mission
    ________
    Airsoft Electric
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria

There's a Super Famicom Front Mission Shooter... I always thought that was Front Mission 2.

Aww... googled it and you're right. Front Missions Gun hazzard is a spin off and there's another PSX Front Mission game aswell totaling 5 in the series... 6 counting the upcomming Front Mission 4.

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionar...ront%20Mission

here's a list (excluding the recent remakes of front mission for the psx with the extra stuff):
    sfc
    front mission
    front mission gun hazard (side-scrolling side story- sort of like cybernator)
    ps one
    front mission alternative (sort of RTS on the PS- uses mouse or regular pad)
    front mission second
    front mission 3
    ps2
    front mission 4
    front mission online (maybe we'll get lucky and see this here HOPEFULLY with an offline mode, lol)
    wonder swan
    front mission (port of sfc original)

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Sorry, Daria, I should have mntioned there were a couple spin off games as well. I was just talking about the main games.

I don't know how ANYONE could dislike FM3 -- I've played through that about four times since I originaly bought it, and I liked the music so much I bought the soundtrack.

I guess if I have'nt gotten a demo by the end of the week I'm not going to get one. If anyone has one they are willing to sell me, send me a PM. Thanks.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, Daria, I should have mntioned there were a couple spin off games as well. I was just talking about the main games.

I don't know how ANYONE could dislike FM3 -- I've played through that about four times since I originaly bought it, and I liked the music so much I bought the soundtrack.

I guess if I have'nt gotten a demo by the end of the week I'm not going to get one. If anyone has one they are willing to sell me, send me a PM. Thanks.
    actually, the demo will also turn up in OPM as well (nxt month i think), so if you don't get an "official" one, you'll get a second chance soon!

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

OPM? Official Playstation Magazine? They will sell that at EB, right? Thanks for the info.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found mine in the mail after seeing this topic today.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine too today. It's cool, my first ps2 demo disk.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Well, guess what I got in the mail today!

Today I could sit down with it and a couple of hours later I've gone through all the tutorials and the five playable battles.

I enjoyed it a lot. It's very much like Front Mission 3, with some new things added (such as experience and the Link System) and some things taken away that I hate (having to pay for maintance on your wanzers and no capturing them, plus no pilots?!?). In any case, it's a game I'm getting as soon as it comes out.

What was Square Enix's first demo, BTW? The cardboard sleve says this is the second one.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Apparently their website still lets you register for a free demo. *shrugs* Here's hoping I get one. (:
    ________
    Blonde blowjob
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:51 AM.