Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Any adults here..or just children??!!]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roxybaby
    Based on your method of "discussing," I find it very hard to believe that you are 50. Someone who has seen that much of the world isn't usually one to resort to calling others children and infants within his first two sentences. That being said, I feel that you're basically trying to start an argument about human nature, for which is there is no right or wrong side but only opinions.

Your basic argument is that people shouldn't make fun of others who don't know better or feel fine with their own decision. Fine. But I suppose that you then never laugh at any comedian's jokes, that you never chortle at Jay Leno or David Letterman's monologues, that you never chuckle when someone falls off a sidewalk or when someone generally embarrasses themselves. Because those things are all the same. I don't dispute that members here have made posts calling buyers morons, but those posts are generally ignored. This is a community of all ages, physically and mentally.

I love how the members of this board have educated me. I probably was someone who threw my money away needlessly. This section alone has taught me that even if I don't win the auction for some game I really want today, it'll probably be back up within a week for a lower price. Value is certainly in the eye of the beholder, but I think that this section seeks to educate more than laugh at someone else's expense. The senior members and mods here who have complete collections probably didn't do it by tossing their money around, and they and others here just want to show us new folk (and each other) that people are willing to take advantage of others any way they can, and we need to learn not to fall prey to that.

Since your and my definitions of value seem to be different, I can't even begin to discuss that part of your argument with you. But I will say this -- if you don't want to be judged by us, then you probably shouldn't be judging us.
    Very,very nice!I agree with you completely.Comedy is wonderful.And I too have learned much here.But your last line is incorrect.I don't mind at all being judged...I started this thread with inflammatory remarks for the sole purpose of getting responses.But please read my posts.My remarks are clearly meant to bring out the"babies" who have little more than insults as weapons.If you don't fall into that category.then please don't be offended.No one (except jerkov) has disagreed with me,yet.A few people have become defensive,but have not disagreed with my premise.One other correction..it is not human nature to attack...it is to defend.
    just checking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never comment about prices.. and if Bill Gates want's to buy a loose 2600 Space Invaders cartridge for $300k that's up to him. Anyone with cash can do whatever they want.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't or can't comment on how dumb it was :P

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Big. Honking. Blocks. Of Text.

Let's break it down.

But I have to ask, am I the grown child? Am I? Am I, huh huh? Please be an adult with your insults, and come out right at the person who you are against. Don't be a child yourself, and veil them. If it's me, I'd like to know.

The issue I brought up was the "i know more than you" mentality of many of the postings in reference to purchases they don't agree with(or should I say...don't understand).
    Well, to be blunt, I do. As roxybaby said, I tried my damnedest to get my NES collection complete as cheapy as possible.. even more so with Genesis. I've gone through the paces.

And then the "he's an idiot" type of comments posted afterwards.If your goal is to only acquire games cheaply...why step on those who don't share that mindset. If your goal is to collect as a hobby....why post stabbing insults to someone who chooses to acquire items for other reasons.If you don't have the resources to purchase what you wish...why show disdain for those who may.
    Why not? It's the net, you know. You must have not been on that long (I think you've said this before). Like I said before, if they did it for the 'value', fine. If they did it because they didn't put in the due diligence to determine what the going rate is, then they are indeed ignorant.

If it bothers them that much, they can explain themselves like you did. Now we understand where you're coming from.

Portnoyd makes my point perfectly with his inaccurate translation of the retro-hobby.There are a lot more gamers now than when DK competition cart or Toe jam was released.That means more collectors and retro-players. That means more collectors and retro-players.And that means more prices being established by the buyers.The fact that a cart was worth less before is simply supply and demand...it sure isn't complicated.The childish.demeaning events of which I speak are not about the purchases...rather the reaction to those purchases by folks who have decided that thier view of a carts value supercedes the buyers views

I'm sure you saw the smiley faces(I used two...shoulda used three).You are so correct...this is not about finances.It is about ridiculous reactions to other's purchases.If someone pays $300 for snes...or has a chicken on their face...they would expect some questioning.We agree.The disparaging remarks that follow(nothing to do with questioning) are the basis of this thread.None of you can say that you have not routinely seen these remarks posted here.Post all the silly high prices you feel necessary...it's the silly "he's a moron cause he doesn't see things like I do" remarks I am referring to.And I think each of you agree with me....or you are one of the people I am speaking of.

+ the rest of player2's posts.
    And I'm absolutely the one he's talking about.

I'll stop talking about value, because, as an adult view or child view, like roxybaby said, it's a matter of opinion. I guess it comes down to justification of spending.

And it's also not the main point here, apparently.

The point is why rip into people on their spending.

The answer is comedy.

Yes, I will post insults and gags towards other people who I feel have made a mistake. One thing about me is I'm all about getting laughs. If I see an opportunity to get a laugh - I take it! I'm not going to hold back. Just how I am. In real life, I try to avoid doing it towards people directly, but like I said, this is the net. Kind of like the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-03-19

And like roxybaby said, people learn off of this stuff in here. If I can get some laughs in as well, cool. I could just say "What was this guy thinking?" or "No way I would pay that much", but if I can twist it into a gag, sure, why not?

And through all this, honestly, the people who know me off the net, know that I'm not an asshole. I just play one on the net.

I also hope that you remain mature when sending out my end of the deal. I know you will, but words sometimes can't fully demonstrate how someone feels towards you. (i.e. If you REALLY don't like me, or just think I act stupid sometimes).

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I suppose when we get old and our bodies start to give out we too will take the shortest possible route involving the least amount of body movement no matter what the financial cost. Yes, us young can run around all day from flee market to thrift store and actully enjoy the experience.

So what about your fellow old people who run back an forth to Canada to get cheap drugs. Are these people childish? Are they wasting percious time they could be spending making arguments on drug message boards?

Adam

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I just read this entire thread for the first time, and I must say that I'm a bit confused with Player-2's position. He's annoyed because some people in this forum feel that he paid too much for a game, and pointed it out in a forum that is designed for exactly that purpose.

Before I get into that, however, I want to say this: Anyone with a bunch of extra money can get onto eBay and buy himself a complete collection of games for any system within a short amount of time if he or she doesn't care how much they spend. But where is the fun in that? The fun in collecting as a hobby is not the having, it's the getting. I do it for the feeling of exhilaration I get when I walk into a thrift store and find a rare game prices at one or two dollars. Maybe I am not as serious a collector as some of these guys in here but in my opinion part of being a smart game collector is recognizing a good deal so that some of my gaming money can live on to see the next deal. I would be kicking myself if I paid so much for one game that I didnt have any discressionary income left when a great deal came my way.

It seems to me like you are placating your own ego by coming in here and showing off that you can pay whatever price you want for a game because you have lots of money. I'm not at all impressed. I am however impressed when I look at my own video game collection and think of how little money it took to put it together because I search out the good deals. To me that isn't time wasted because it is time spent doing what I love: collecting video games. What you have shown to me here is that you are not a video game collector. That is not meant as a slant, it's simply a fact. You enjoy playing games and you have some extra cash so you just buy whatever you want at whatever price then you go play your game. That's great, but what does it have to do with us? That isn't what this forum is about, and it isn't what this site is about.

Look, if you want to spend how ever much money on whatever game it was that you bought, then that's your business and you don't have to justify it to anyone, but eBay is a public place, and so is this forum, and we have the right to question your actions amongst ourselves, and frankly we have the right to make fun of you in the most childish way possible if that's what we feel like doing. I totally agree with what Portnoyd said; sometimes its all about laughs. Is it childish? I guess, but most humor is childish.

The bottom line is this: you are not satisfied with your experience in this forum. We who sit on the sidelines and boo and hiss at the bad play are distracting and irritating you. If you go to a restaurant and the food is bad, only an idiot comes back for seconds. But you did. Even though there are plenty of other "restaurants" for you to go to, you chose to stay here and go off on a diatribe about how the food sucks. I'm sorry that you find it annoying that we make comments about people who make uneducated purchases, but I for one find people who bitch about getting flamed on an internet board far more annoying, Welcome to the internet, boy.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    I suppose when we get old and our bodies start to give out we too will take the shortest possible route involving the least amount of body movement...
    That would certainly explain why he refuses to use the space bar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quite frankly, I've had one hell of a time reading any of your posts. It is common practice to use two spaces after every sentence. All of your posts look like one giant run-on sentence.

Anyway.

From what I was able to understand, your definition of a good find involves time spent looking for an item, rather than "chasing every quarter in savings"

Fair enough, I can certainly understand that, but it is just not my stance. I don't chase every quarter in savings, but I know a great deal when I see one, as do I know a fair one, and a bad one. Does that make me a child for being able to recognize the difference?

Common example: A flea market up here has a seller who routinely sells copies of SMB/DH for $5, loose. If I had any desire to, I could buy the game right then and there. I also know that I could simply come to this board and ask for a copy, and I would have 30 offers by the end of the night just for the cost of shipping, a few members that I constantly deal with would probably even offer it up for free. Doesn't it seem rather fool hardy to pay more than 2.5 times for something simply because you couldn't wait a week?

Ok, so it was a small example, but it can be taken to much bigger scales. Would you not wait a month or two to obtain a rarer game for $100 less? Alas, its your money, and if you're giving it to me , I would have no complaints.

Patience is indeed a virtue.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My,my,my...I have really garnered disdain from the masses here.
    First,let me say,I bought no game and this post is not about anyone disparaging me.
    Second,(and notice the space bar)...No,Portnoyd,you are not the "child" I referred to. It was "jerkov"'s attack on my business(I believe I named him in that post) for no reason that resulted in my "label" of his ability to discuss an issue.Our deal is solid.An irrelevant post such as this would not cause me to lower my integrity.Your trust in me will be honored.
    Third(another space bar) I have not one time said there is anything wrong with finding good deals and saving money. I said CLEARLY that it is attacking a buyer who may not have chosen that route is what is ridiculous and childish.
    Someone mentioned going to Canada to save money.Cool with me.Does that make the ones who didn't fools?
    Collect at any pace you wish...but don't feel cleared to disparage those that choose not to agree with your pace.(It took me four years to collect every NES cart).
    I am still amazed that most of the replies have been about "I should get my best deal". Well,duh! But why does that justify anyone belittling the other if their version of the best deal is different from yours?
    I have now been attacked as old,lazy,a dishonest businessman,condescending,and ...
    All I did was point out what many of you have agreed to...that you see a lot of disparaging remarks towards individuals who spent more on an item than you would/could.Those type of responses are silly(and maybe occasionally comedic).(need to hit space bar here)
    Then someone said something about one bad meal should make you stay away from a restaurant...goofy. I enjoy DP...it is quite informative.The fact that I have seen a few "bad meals" on this forum doesn't destroy the quality of the usually valuable other offerings. IT GETS IN THE WAY. As do those "babies" who whine about other peoples transactions.
    Save your money...find your deals...collect your items...point out dishonest auctions...highlight unusual auctions. But a little effort on maintaining a reasonable demeanor pays off well.
    Why are so many of you acting as though you have been attacked(other than the deserving one)?This is a lot of fun....but I still don't know why anyone thinks I bought anything (and was flamed for it).No one said anything bad about me....until now,anyway.I am pointing out a generality on this forum that most of you have acknowldged exists.Attack me if you feel it the best way to vocalize your argument.....my wife and I have gotten quite a few smiles from it(we love children ).But at least try to address the point.
    Someone also said "patience is a virtue". Very true,but inaction is not. It may require some insight to distinguish the difference.
    GO PORTNOYD....I like your responses the best.You can make your arguments well...without the need to insult.Even though you are wrong...you are still alright with me!! Your NWC cart is on the way.You'll have it before the weekend.
    NOW.....COME GET ME KIDS!!!
    just checking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Off topic but oh well.

I'm noting the space bar but you're still not using it after your periods and commas. Not trying to be a grammer Nazi but it does make your posts a little hard to read, especially when they're huge blocks of unbroken text, as port's noted.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am stunned by the responses generated by this post.Each person says that they don't belittle buyers who seem to pay too much(and I assume sellers who sell too cheap) yet they are then offeded by my remarks that were CLEARLY not meant for them.The belittling tag of "child" was meant to be inflammatory...to those who have earned it.I wanted to know if this site was populated by kids who couldn't control themselves,or by people who had something to offer(other than insults).Mr. jerkov, you say you paid too much for a game because you really wanted it(making my point eloquently) and you had personal reason to cause that game to have that higher value to you.At this point,all the "children" should be laughing at you ,demeaning your character,calling you an idiot,etc. .The "adults" understand your reasoning and would casually accept it.The $50 mario cart argument is silly.Of course adults understand depreciation.Buyers set the price for an item...not one buyer.And that still would not make the buyer an idiot..it would make him uninformed and having made a bad deal.But in the buyers eyes(the only eyes that really matter) he got what he wanted at a price he felt was reasonable.He has not earned a personal attack.Your remark"I am not one of those people who constantly criticizes or makes fun of people"simply shows that you too see the same thing I have seen...people who constantly criticize and make fun of people.Your choice to side yourself with the "children" seems appropriate,since your next move was to attack my business practices (that you ,of course,know nothing about).Only a limited sight would allow someone to believe that a business can succeed for ten years by screwing customers(dumb,unsuspecting buyers you phrased it).It is these kind of remarks that I am speaking of....you don't agree with me,so you attack in a "childish" unknowing manner with disparaging remarks that can easily be shown to be ridiculous.So far the count seems to be 7 adults and 1 grown child.You all just keep on attacking my premise....it has so far made my point....and agree with me.I have yet to hear anyone take the opposite position...that if you don't agree with a deal,you should belittle the character of the people involved in that deal.
    OK, so I obviously I struck a nerve when I questioned your business practices. You can label me a "child" all you want, the fact is that I find it rather interesting that someone who deals in video games is bitching about a small group on this forum who comment on people who overpay for stuff. Why does this bother you so much? You're right, I know nothing about your business practices, but I'm just putting 2 and 2 together. Frankly, I don't care about you or your business - I'll never be dealing with you, so I couldn't care less how low or high your prices are. I have a couple of vendors that deal in retro games around me that charge absurd prices - I never buy anything off them, except in the rare case that they don't know anything about a game and are actually selling it at a good price. I feel bad for those who do pay these absurd prices, but yes, they are idiots. Instead of taking five minutes of doing a little research to find out what games are actually worth, they decide to make an ignorant purchase. If a vendor can continually get away with this (like the ones in my area), I guess more power to them, but they won't be getting my business.

The bottom line: if you don't like the posts making fun of eBay purchases, don't read them. Your poorly written crusade isn't going to make anyone change their minds or their posting habits.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    I just read this entire thread for the first time, and I must say that I'm a bit confused with Player-2's position. He's annoyed because some people in this forum feel that he paid too much for a game, and pointed it out in a forum that is designed for exactly that purpose.

Before I get into that, however, I want to say this: Anyone with a bunch of extra money can get onto eBay and buy himself a complete collection of games for any system within a short amount of time if he or she doesn't care how much they spend. But where is the fun in that? The fun in collecting as a hobby is not the having, it's the getting. I do it for the feeling of exhilaration I get when I walk into a thrift store and find a rare game prices at one or two dollars. Maybe I am not as serious a collector as some of these guys in here but in my opinion part of being a smart game collector is recognizing a good deal so that some of my gaming money can live on to see the next deal. I would be kicking myself if I paid so much for one game that I didnt have any discressionary income left when a great deal came my way.

It seems to me like you are placating your own ego by coming in here and showing off that you can pay whatever price you want for a game because you have lots of money. I'm not at all impressed. I am however impressed when I look at my own video game collection and think of how little money it took to put it together because I search out the good deals. To me that isn't time wasted because it is time spent doing what I love: collecting video games. What you have shown to me here is that you are not a video game collector. That is not meant as a slant, it's simply a fact. You enjoy playing games and you have some extra cash so you just buy whatever you want at whatever price then you go play your game. That's great, but what does it have to do with us? That isn't what this forum is about, and it isn't what this site is about.

Look, if you want to spend how ever much money on whatever game it was that you bought, then that's your business and you don't have to justify it to anyone, but eBay is a public place, and so is this forum, and we have the right to question your actions amongst ourselves, and frankly we have the right to make fun of you in the most childish way possible if that's what we feel like doing. I totally agree with what Portnoyd said; sometimes its all about laughs. Is it childish? I guess, but most humor is childish.

The bottom line is this: you are not satisfied with your experience in this forum. We who sit on the sidelines and boo and hiss at the bad play are distracting and irritating you. If you go to a restaurant and the food is bad, only an idiot comes back for seconds. But you did. Even though there are plenty of other "restaurants" for you to go to, you chose to stay here and go off on a diatribe about how the food sucks. I'm sorry that you find it annoying that we make comments about people who make uneducated purchases, but I for one find people who bitch about getting flamed on an internet board far more annoying, Welcome to the internet, boy.
    I'm afraid I don't know how to break up these paragraphs, we'll do it this way.
    P1 Please reread the thread...a little slower...I purchased nothing.

P2 DUH

P3 Where did the notion come from that I have all this cash? Though my goal was clearly to impress you...I am only slightly upset that you don't think that I am the coolest guy in the world. Not a collector?? it's a fact?? Facts are indisputable. Your "opinion" is incorrect. And it has nothing to do with y'all

P4 One never has the right to pop someone...only the ability. One also has the ability to crap ones pants...but a better man would choose not to. There are many levels of humor. Children can be quite cruel to others who differ from them...it is humor to them...fortunately, most outgrow it.

P5 Did you ever get cold fries at McDonalds? Did you not go back? How many idiots will you add to your list? I wasn't bitching about being flamed (my wife and I are having a ball)...I was pointing out the flaming of others in general, when they disagree with your position. And, my goodness son, what kind of fellow ends his letter with "boy" ?!? With a little more effort, it is easy to be a much better man. Be well
    just checking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, this entire topic is making a very funny point: You are doing to the DP members what you are trying to scold them for.

You are trying to scold the people for being immature in making fun of people for their purchases, but aren't you trying to do the same thing to us as we are trying to do to people who make dumb purchases?

I would say so. You are talking about children in here. You say you are 50 and have many things to do, so why are you in here trying to call most of us children buddy. It's alright. I am just trying to make a point here.

I will not scold you like you are trying to do to us. I am just trying to figure out why you are doing this? Is there a reason why you posted this? I understand that you could be discouraged from people making negative comments towards another's purchase, but I am just wondering if you have seen the posts for people that display what they win. I am not talking about the post your recent winnings thread either. When somebody gets something they are really excited about, or even just thought it would be nice to have, they post it up. The most I have ever seen when it comes to somebody talking about price is one sentence that sounds a little like "great buy, but you could have posted in the boards and saved $10".

I don't see that as discouraging. And why haven't you talked about the fetus beads? Everybody needs some fetus beads! They are so awesome! Things like that are "insane". Sure people will buy them, but it is enough to get a few chuckles out of us.

Don't worry about age, as DP as a very large age range. There are very, very few here under 18-21.

Somebody said it before, this is the internet man. The internet is the best place to put somebody down (well according to you that is what is happening). Go to any big forum (there are many that are bigger than this), and there will be so much more slander in those. The people here are actually kind compared to others you will run across.

Maybe I should repeat what I said earlier, why are you doing to us the same thing you are scolding us about?

You are calling us children, well, I can vouch for myself that I am not one. I noticed many people trying to pick apart what you said piece by piece, but I don't think anybody has touched on what you are trying to say. They keep straying off to help with their argument (as I probably even have in this post).

The fact of the matter is your statement in whole. You say you are 50, yet are doing the same thing to us that you claim we are doing to eBayers. If you are saying that what we are doing makes us children and you are doing the same thing to us as we are doing to others, than wouldn't that make you a child also?

People comment on things on eBay like high prices for something to do in their spare time. Sure some of them have way too much time on their hands, but I am only one man, I can't give everybody in here a good night life (I have actually left a few posts about it).

Ease up man. Stop taking everything offensively. Buy your games and enjoy them. There is no reason to get all "hot 'N bisquits" just because a few people in here have a big mouth. If they said something pertaining directly to you, then pm them and discuss it with them. There is no reason to try and make the entire board look bad.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Off topic but oh well.

I'm noting the space bar but you're still not using it after your periods and commas. Not trying to be a grammer Nazi but it does make your posts a little hard to read, especially when they're huge blocks of unbroken text, as port's noted.
    Check out my last post!! I think I am getting the hang of it. Old dog...new tricks kinda thing. I didn't know about space bar techniques...it does make a difference. But I like your disparaging remarks better! Come get me!!!
    just checking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Player-2

P2 DUH

P3 Where did the notion come from that I have all this cash? Though my goal was clearly to impress you...I am only slightly upset that you don't think that I am the coolest guy in the world. Not a collector?? it's a fact?? Facts are indisputable. Your "opinion" is incorrect. And it has nothing to do with y'all

P4 One never has the right to pop someone...only the ability. One also has the ability to crap ones pants...but a better man would choose not to. There are many levels of humor. Children can be quite cruel to others who differ from them...it is humor to them...fortunately, most outgrow it.

P5 Did you ever get cold fries at McDonalds? Did you not go back? How many idiots will you add to your list? I wasn't bitching about being flamed (my wife and I are having a ball)...I was pointing out the flaming of others in general, when they disagree with your position. And, my goodness son, what kind of fellow ends his letter with "boy" ?!? With a little more effort, it is easy to be a much better man. Be well
    I noticed something funny. First off, sorry, it was easier for me to hit the quote button (The older I get, the lazier I get. You may be different, but that is me). Why did you say that his opinion is wrong?

Nobody's opinion is ever wrong, it is their opnion. Now if he used facts, you could say "Your facts are wrong". If you don't agree with his opinion, say so, there is no need to have a onctradiction.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerkov
    I am stunned by the responses generated by this post.Each person says that they don't belittle buyers who seem to pay too much(and I assume sellers who sell too cheap) yet they are then offeded by my remarks that were CLEARLY not meant for them.The belittling tag of "child" was meant to be inflammatory...to those who have earned it.I wanted to know if this site was populated by kids who couldn't control themselves,or by people who had something to offer(other than insults).Mr. jerkov, you say you paid too much for a game because you really wanted it(making my point eloquently) and you had personal reason to cause that game to have that higher value to you.At this point,all the "children" should be laughing at you ,demeaning your character,calling you an idiot,etc. .The "adults" understand your reasoning and would casually accept it.The $50 mario cart argument is silly.Of course adults understand depreciation.Buyers set the price for an item...not one buyer.And that still would not make the buyer an idiot..it would make him uninformed and having made a bad deal.But in the buyers eyes(the only eyes that really matter) he got what he wanted at a price he felt was reasonable.He has not earned a personal attack.Your remark"I am not one of those people who constantly criticizes or makes fun of people"simply shows that you too see the same thing I have seen...people who constantly criticize and make fun of people.Your choice to side yourself with the "children" seems appropriate,since your next move was to attack my business practices (that you ,of course,know nothing about).Only a limited sight would allow someone to believe that a business can succeed for ten years by screwing customers(dumb,unsuspecting buyers you phrased it).It is these kind of remarks that I am speaking of....you don't agree with me,so you attack in a "childish" unknowing manner with disparaging remarks that can easily be shown to be ridiculous.So far the count seems to be 7 adults and 1 grown child.You all just keep on attacking my premise....it has so far made my point....and agree with me.I have yet to hear anyone take the opposite position...that if you don't agree with a deal,you should belittle the character of the people involved in that deal.
    OK, so I obviously I struck a nerve when I questioned your business practices. You can label me a "child" all you want, the fact is that I find it rather interesting that someone who deals in video games is bitching about a small group on this forum who comment on people who overpay for stuff. Why does this bother you so much? You're right, I know nothing about your business practices, but I'm just putting 2 and 2 together. Frankly, I don't care about you or your business - I'll never be dealing with you, so I couldn't care less how low or high your prices are. I have a couple of vendors that deal in retro games around me that charge absurd prices - I never buy anything off them, except in the rare case that they don't know anything about a game and are actually selling it at a good price. I feel bad for those who do pay these absurd prices, but yes, they are idiots. Instead of taking five minutes of doing a little research to find out what games are actually worth, they decide to make an ignorant purchase. If a vendor can continually get away with this (like the ones in my area), I guess more power to them, but they won't be getting my business.

The bottom line: if you don't like the posts making fun of eBay purchases, don't read them. Your poorly written crusade isn't going to make anyone change their minds or their posting habits.
    You would take advantage of a vendor who did not know about a game?! For shame! The lack of integrity, the abuse of your knowledge, the wreckless disdain for what is honest....Oh, my. Would you also call them an idiot ...and worse? My "slowly getting better written" crusade may, in fact, have positive outcomes. I popped you out of a hole, didn't I? By the way, it's not comments on people...it's silly slanders towards people that is being discussed. And I don't label you a child...your actions prove you to be childish.
    (you should be laughing at this point of time) I am
    just checking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

You would take advantage of a vendor who did not know about a game?! For shame! The lack of integrity, the abuse of your knowledge, the wreckless disdain for what is honest....Oh, my.
    Isn't it the vendor's job to do a little research on his wares before blindly pulling a price tag out of his ass? If I get a good deal because someone doesn't know what their suff is worth it's not my fault. They're getting the exactly what they asked for.

Would you also call them an idiot ...and worse?
    Naive? Yes. Stupid? No.

And I don't label you a child...your actions prove you to be childish.
    (you should be laughing at this point of time) I am
    I have to agree with the majority of people who've replied to this thread, the only person acting childish here is you. You created this topic with the sole intent of getting a rise out the regular members of this forum. They have a word for that, it's called trolling.

The adult thing to do, the mature thing to do, would be ignore the threads you find silly and move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Quote Originally Posted by Funkenstien
    Not to deviate, but where the hell did you get Suikoden 2 for twenty bucks? I've never seen that thing dip below retail!
    circuit city had them new for $19.99 when they were going for $40-50 complete on ebay....I bought one

so yes, retail was $19.99 on these for a short time...very short

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    it's called trolling
    Your "NOW COME GET ME KIDS" pretty much locks that idea. Speaking of lock, I think this has gone on enough. Player2 will keep pushing, we'll keep pulling, and player2 will keep fishing for flames.

I can't honestly believe he expected to break down and call him an asshole or something like that. On gamefaqs, sure.. here, no.

dave

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges
    Wow, this entire topic is making a very funny point: You are doing to the DP members what you are trying to scold them for.

You are trying to scold the people for being immature in making fun of people for their purchases, but aren't you trying to do the same thing to us as we are trying to do to people who make dumb purchases?

I would say so. You are talking about children in here. You say you are 50 and have many things to do, so why are you in here trying to call most of us children buddy. It's alright. I am just trying to make a point here.

I will not scold you like you are trying to do to us. I am just trying to figure out why you are doing this? Is there a reason why you posted this? I understand that you could be discouraged from people making negative comments towards another's purchase, but I am just wondering if you have seen the posts for people that display what they win. I am not talking about the post your recent winnings thread either. When somebody gets something they are really excited about, or even just thought it would be nice to have, they post it up. The most I have ever seen when it comes to somebody talking about price is one sentence that sounds a little like "great buy, but you could have posted in the boards and saved $10".

I don't see that as discouraging. And why haven't you talked about the fetus beads? Everybody needs some fetus beads! They are so awesome! Things like that are "insane". Sure people will buy them, but it is enough to get a few chuckles out of us.

Don't worry about age, as DP as a very large age range. There are very, very few here under 18-21.

Somebody said it before, this is the internet man. The internet is the best place to put somebody down (well according to you that is what is happening). Go to any big forum (there are many that are bigger than this), and there will be so much more slander in those. The people here are actually kind compared to others you will run across.

Maybe I should repeat what I said earlier, why are you doing to us the same thing you are scolding us about?

You are calling us children, well, I can vouch for myself that I am not one. I noticed many people trying to pick apart what you said piece by piece, but I don't think anybody has touched on what you are trying to say. They keep straying off to help with their argument (as I probably even have in this post).

The fact of the matter is your statement in whole. You say you are 50, yet are doing the same thing to us that you claim we are doing to eBayers. If you are saying that what we are doing makes us children and you are doing the same thing to us as we are doing to others, than wouldn't that make you a child also?

People comment on things on eBay like high prices for something to do in their spare time. Sure some of them have way too much time on their hands, but I am only one man, I can't give everybody in here a good night life (I have actually left a few posts about it).

Ease up man. Stop taking everything offensively. Buy your games and enjoy them. There is no reason to get all "hot 'N bisquits" just because a few people in here have a big mouth. If they said something pertaining directly to you, then pm them and discuss it with them. There is no reason to try and make the entire board look bad.
    VERY WELL SAID!! But I am afraid you have missed a bit of my reasoning behind this post. I have called no one (except one) a childish individual(after a silly attack on my business). And that was intentional. My post was "are there any adults out there". It was immediately construed as an attack on everyone. And then I got ripped (it's been a lot of fun).
    My attack is toward those individuals who step on the intelligence and character of the people with whom they disagree. "Moron", "idiot", and worse are the best reactions they seem to have within themselves.If you don't fall into that category, then you will find no reference about you by me. My post (almost forgot my spacebar) is not against the "we"...but rather aimed at the few who lack the mental capacity to do anything but degrade the other buyers.
    I see comedy and sarcasm...but I routinely see childish attacks.Hence, my question. Is this a site populated by teenagers without any self-control, or by older more seasoned individuals searching for information.I did not wish to be a part of a bunch of kids who had nothing better to do than slam each other. I use this site for information. It being a retro site, I assumed it attracted older gamers. But watching the posts made me reconsider my assumption. I am moving a store,so I had a couple extra days to play around. I chose to play here...and it's sure been fun(we didn't have computers and discussion groups when I was in college). If you had something to say, you said it to their face or you had no chance to say it. You could tell who you were dealing with. I hope that those who have jabbed me were doing so because, they, like you, felt I was after everyone. To disagree with someone is normal...to diminish someone is childish (and usually a sign of a lack of ability to do anything else). My position will not be changing just because a few can cower behind the internet. Your post to me was greatly appreciated! Take care
    just checking

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges

P2 DUH

I noticed something funny. First off, sorry, it was easier for me to hit the quote button (The older I get, the lazier I get. You may be different, but that is me). Why did you say that his opinion is wrong?

Nobody's opinion is ever wrong, it is their opnion. Now if he used facts, you could say "Your facts are wrong". If you don't agree with his opinion, say so, there is no need to have a onctradiction.
    Simple...because his opinion is wrong. Hitler was wrong...racists are wrong...molestors are wrong. Thier opinions were/are wrong. Opinions can be wrong...not just disagreeable. Never be reticent to take a stand. I know the facts of my collecting...and those facts make his opinion wrong.
    just checking