Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BYE! BYE TO MY VIDEOGAMES!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: BYE! BYE TO MY VIDEOGAMES!!

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    In the last month and a half I have been thinking to quit collecting games and sell most of my stuff come december. I am low on money since I quit my job and need more money for more fun stuff like skateboarding and car. I will keep an nes, snes, and sega and some fun games. But most of my stuff will be going up on ebay. I havent played any of my games in almost 3 weeks anyways so I dont mid that much but my room will look so plain. Maybe I will a great job in the next couple months that pays a lot...but prolly not. I want to sell my stuff now but people tend to pay 2 to 3 times morre for video game stuff in december for christmas presents so I'll wait. It sucks but I'm not a big gamer so it's okay. I will still but stuff at garage sales if its cheap and sell it to get more money, and keep fun games. Illl also come to this site sometimes and post and see what kind of stuff you guys get.
    Hey, what's up,
    I remember when you got on a few months ago. Didn't you just start collecting then and you are already giving it up?
    our definately not a "Collector", but that's ok, most people aren't they just play the games. Most of my friends play video games, I would say only 1 or 2 are hardcore gamers, but I am the only one I know that is a HARD, HARD core gamer that also collects vintage stuff new, as well as play all the new stuff for GAMECUBE.
    Videogames are definately a hobby that costs alot! Espcially if you are a person that pretty much wants 2 of everything made. (ONLY NINTENDO PRODUCT OF COURSE)
    Money is always an issue. If you are going to sell it all you should wait a couple of months, unless you need the money now.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoreEbolaForYou
    skateboarding? southern wisconsin? ever check out wiskate.com? that's my website.
    HELL YEaH! I go there every few days. LAst time I went there I watched all the videos that I was able to access, 1-137 or something. Greg Lutzka is awesome, so are many of the other skaters. But yeah, great site there.
    Midwest

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: BYE! BYE TO MY VIDEOGAMES!!

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoMan
    In the last month and a half I have been thinking to quit collecting games and sell most of my stuff come december. I am low on money since I quit my job and need more money for more fun stuff like skateboarding and car. I will keep an nes, snes, and sega and some fun games. But most of my stuff will be going up on ebay. I havent played any of my games in almost 3 weeks anyways so I dont mid that much but my room will look so plain. Maybe I will a great job in the next couple months that pays a lot...but prolly not. I want to sell my stuff now but people tend to pay 2 to 3 times morre for video game stuff in december for christmas presents so I'll wait. It sucks but I'm not a big gamer so it's okay. I will still but stuff at garage sales if its cheap and sell it to get more money, and keep fun games. Illl also come to this site sometimes and post and see what kind of stuff you guys get.
    Hey, what's up,
    I remember when you got on a few months ago. Didn't you just start collecting then and you are already giving it up?
    our definately not a "Collector", but that's ok, most people aren't they just play the games. Most of my friends play video games, I would say only 1 or 2 are hardcore gamers, but I am the only one I know that is a HARD, HARD core gamer that also collects vintage stuff new, as well as play all the new stuff for GAMECUBE.
    Videogames are definately a hobby that costs alot! Espcially if you are a person that pretty much wants 2 of everything made. (ONLY NINTENDO PRODUCT OF COURSE)
    Money is always an issue. If you are going to sell it all you should wait a couple of months, unless you need the money now.
    Oh I am definatley a collector. I never actually wanted to sell all the stuff. Maybe some stuff I can get good money for that isnt too hard to get again when I have more money. I am keeping my stuff but selling my extra systems and a few extra games. Nes systems are too cheap on ebay right now, like 20 bucks. Last year I saw many for like 40-60 bucks late in the year. Im not a hardcore gamer, dont play much, I just enjoy some old games and enjoy collecting.
    Midwest

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Arqueologia_Digital
    I donīt think is a good idea, but itīs your choice...
    Ditto..

Take it easy..

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've thought of selling all my games as well. I more play than collect but have a decent collection of 500 games or so.

If you want to sell your stuff that your choice. I know I've gone thorugh it before where I mostly sold everything I have and each time I buy some of the stuff back I end up getting it cheaper than what I paid for it the first time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think I could *ever* sell my collection, I'm a collector by heart.

but to each his own, I suppose.

good luck.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im only 16 so whateva.
    That explains a lot...you know that skateboarding phase you'll grow out of, and the games you want to play will all be gone with nothing to show but a few ruined boards and a couple broken bones.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Im only 16 so whateva.
    That explains a lot...you know that skateboarding phase you'll grow out of, and the games you want to play will all be gone with nothing to show but a few ruined boards and a couple broken bones.
    Then again maybe the games are a phase he's growing out of too.
    ________
    ARIZONA MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Im only 16 so whateva.
    True gamers/collectors never grow out of the hobby. It's not a phase to us, it's a way of life.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Im only 16 so whateva.
    True gamers/collectors never grow out of the hobby...
    Yeah kinda what I was getting at.
    ________
    Montana marijuana dispensary
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im only 16 so whateva.
    True gamers/collectors never grow out of the hobby...
    Yeah kinda what I was getting at.
    Ohhhhhhhhh!

Pwned!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I decided to get away from videogames and collecting the whole thing a few years ago.
    IT WAS THE WORST DECISION I EVER MADE ! honestly
    You see I was dating a girl that just didnt get the "video game thing" as she put it so I gave in and sold and even gave away almost my whole collection
    I gave a clean like new (refurbished by me) NES and N64 along with maybe 30 or so games total to a friend that decided to use them as collateral to support his drug habit
    I sold my Playstation with over 20 of the best games for it and what was then a brand new PS2 with all the hot games MGS2,Silent Hill2 and GTA wich had been released that month
    Also gave away a Genesis plus about 8 games and my beloved DC and all the games with it including SOUL CALIBUR,SKIES OF ARCADIA etc oh the horror the horror
    anyway the girl is long gone and I have been recovering my collection ever since the only system I got back was the DC cuase the friend I gave it is verry kool and not really into vid games but I only got half the games back and most were scratched and a couple didnt even work anymore
    NEVER AGAIN I say NEVER AGAIN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    I decided to get away from videogames and collecting the whole thing a few years ago.
    IT WAS THE WORST DECISION I EVER MADE ! honestly
    You see I was dating a girl that just didnt get the "video game thing" as she put it so I gave in and sold and even gave away almost my whole collection
    If I was ever with a girl who made me choose between her and the games, I'd choose the games. I can't see myself with a girl like that.
    The girl of my dreams is a gamer, thinks my SNES is one of the coolest things on earth and loves playing against me on Mario Kart 64.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roxxybaby

@sabre -- you should have asked her to give up her makeup and shoes in return.

I didn't actually sell off my games, but I left them at home when I came to college because I knew they would distract me from studying. Now in my last year and I'm basically killing time and I've really started to miss them. I've bought a lot more than I have back home but it's not the same. It's gonna be really nice to get home and have my favorite games waiting for me!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CAN A MOD PLEASE LOCK THIS!!! on my 3rd or so post on this i decited not to sell my stuff! Please read before posting! just selling my extra stuff! the day I made this was when I broke one of my boards and didnt have much money and as angry.
    Midwest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Too late.

I already said "Bye".
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Damn kids and there tomfoolery