Thread: How do you get Digital Pictures onto the XBOX and XBMP?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How do you get Digital Pictures onto the XBOX and XBMP?

I know that this is "OFF TOPIC", but I wasn't sure where to put this inquiry.

Ok, I have a ton of digital pictures that I would love to get onto my XBOX, and into the XBOX Media Palyer program, but I don't know how to do it.

I've been able to FTP some emulators and Roms and stuff to my XBOX using FlashFXP, and I thought that I could do the same thing with my Digital Pictures.

I went into the XBMP folder, but I don't know what subfolder to put the pics in.

These are the subfolders that I saw in there:

Web
    Visualizations
    TV Guide
    Thumbs
    Subtitles
    SHOUTcast
    Shortcuts
    Playlists
    Media
    Locale
    IMDb
    dll
    cddb
    Bookmarks

Now, originally, I thought that I should put all my Digital Pictures into the "Thumbs" folder, but after doing some research, I've discovered that this is incorrect.

I tried reading the instruction manual for XBOX Media Player 2.4, but it says that you put the digital pictures in the folder that you designated when you configured the program or something like that. Problem is, I didn't configure this application. Somebody put it on my XBOX for me.

So I don't know what folder they designated for the Digital Pictures. I would ask the guy, but it was done through a friend of a friend, and I don't have the guys number.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can put the pictures anywhere you want.. Heck, make a folder on your F: drive.. call it "pictures" and shove them there. It doesn't matter. Then when you open up your xbox media player, you just browse to that directory. Simple

If you want to configure your XBMP.. the file is called CONFIG.XML in the xbox media player root directory. You just ftp that to your pc, then open it up in Notepad or something, then edit away to your hearts content. Then upload it back to the xbox. You should be able to configure it any way you want.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146
    You can put the pictures anywhere you want.. Heck, make a folder on your F: drive.. call it "pictures" and shove them there. It doesn't matter. Then when you open up your xbox media player, you just browse to that directory. Simple

If you want to configure your XBMP.. the file is called CONFIG.XML in the xbox media player root directory. You just ftp that to your pc, then open it up in Notepad or something, then edit away to your hearts content. Then upload it back to the xbox. You should be able to configure it any way you want.

Cool! Thanks for the help on that. That was as easy as pie. I just transfered over all my Digital Pics, so I can do slideshows for friends and family when they come over.

Again, I know that this is off topic from a "video game" standpoint, but I was sure that somebody here would know what to do.

Thanks alot NE146!