Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide..... X-Box or Gamecube.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help me decide..... X-Box or Gamecube.....

OK, I don't mean this to turn into one of "those" threads about which is the best system. Hear me out, here is my dilemma.......

OK, I had a PS2, short story, didn't like it. Graphics never did it for me.

Bought a GC. Loved it. But, had to sell it for quick money because I needed some fast cash. I told myself I would grab another one in a few months.

Well, a few months have gone by and I have the cash to buy. But now I am considering the X-Box. Sure, the price drop has something to do with it, but what really concerns me is the apparent lack of upcoming titles on the GC.

When I look in the game mags, there seems to be quite a few games coming out on the XBox and PS2, but very little on the GC. Sure, we will see Metroid Prime 2 and RE 4, but besides this and a few other titles, I dunno, it looks kinda bleak.

So what is the concensus? Should I go with the X-Box or stick with the Cube?

Thanks for any advice!!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh please. Go with teh XBox! If you love graphics, the graphics on this system are beautiful. Great games, and awesome ones coming out for it. Also, great Online Gaming, unlike the friggin GameCube. Go ahead and spend 150 bucks on it. It'll be the best you've spent in a while.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GameCube now, XBox within the next 6 months. XBox price will drop again before Xmas.

Plus the Cube has Super Monkey Ball and Beach Spikers. Nuff said.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with arcade antics, xbox's price will prolly drop again soon to save you some money. Get the cube now, and wait for xbox's price drop, or save your money till the price drop, and grab a couple more games for it.
    Midwest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

being an owner of a gc and an xb... i'd say go with the gc for now. it has all the standard nintendo franchises, which really don't let down (metroid prime in particular... woo), and some other exclusives that make it shine... bomberman for example.

on the other hand... halo sure is damn fun. (are there other games for xbox? oh, there is? i didn't know...)
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have all three (PS2, GC, Xbox) and to me there is no comparison--go with Xbox!! It absolutely blows the GC out of the water in EVERY aspect!! Better games, better graphics,way more options!

E.---
    DC--- It's STILL thinking....!!

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buy whatever has the games that you want to play.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAMES !!!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    Buy whatever has the games that you want to play.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAMES !!!!
    That is very true, so I guess that's why I like the Xbox so much. I love FPS's and it has a lot of great FPS's. I got the GC because I got a really good deal on it, and it is a great little system, but lacks in the game department if you ask me. If you are 14 and under it has tons of games, but it clearly tries to appeal to the younger crowd with all the kiddie games it has. Stargate seems to want the best looking games also, which would point to Xbox's favor also....

E.---
    DC--- It's STILL thinking....!!

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

If you have an HDTV or a decent 5.1 sound system, then there is no contest. Go with the big black box. Otherwise, go wherever you like the first party games better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have both the Xbox and GC wich I believe to be the best "combo setup"
    but if I had to chose only one it would definitely be the Xbox with its superior graphics built in hardrive its just the best deal for the money especially the current price of 150.00$
    The gamecube is worth it just for Metroid prime imoa and most of the "good" major 3rd party publishers will continue to release the multiplatform games on the cube anyway like EA and UBIsoft.
    I actually enjoy both Xbox and GC equally but the first party games on NGC really cant be beat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I have both (don't own a ps2, not interested) and honestly I have fun with both, but Xbox brings me the most satisfaction in every respect. If you don't really see any interesting games you'd like to play on Xbox, then go with the Gamecube, but take a good look at what's on the shelves for it now, then go back in six months and you're likely to see the same things with a dozen or so new titles. If you like playing online there's no contest, but if you're a huge fan of Nintendo franchises and like some of the Cube exclusives over what's available on the 'Box, go for it. Do what makes you happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I'm leaning towards the X-Box. The only title on the GC I am really looking forward to is RE 4. However, I would like to grab Dragoon Orta on the X-Box, Halo, the upcoming Metal Slug 3, GTA, and others. I guess the graphics is what sells me, along with some decent titles. I wish I could afford both systems.

Does everyone think the X-Box will actually drop again in price before Christmas? Seems kinda soon.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamecube is a great party system man. SO many fun, simple, and addictive multiplayer games. Me and my friends play the cube for hours with those kinds of games.

Plus I know you don't want Nintendo to go out of buisness. Every sale counts! Just like voting.

CUBE!
    CUBE!
    CUBE!
    CUBE!
    CUBE!
    CUBE!
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I highly doubt another Xbox price drop
    and after Sony drops to 150.00$
    all the current prices should stabalize

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i am a straight up nintendo fan, but this time, i think im gonna go with xbox. whenever it comes to gaming around here (college) we always go for the xbox or the nes. the gc almost gets no play time.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    Plus I know you don't want Nintendo to go out of buisness. Every sale counts! Just like voting.

CUBE!
    CUBE!
    CUBE!
    CUBE!
    CUBE!
    CUBE!
    If Nintendo goes out of business, it's their own damn fault, I won't ever buy more Gamecubes just to to metaphorically bail water from a sinking ship. Anyone that would is clearly in a better position than I financially, but I'm sure I've got them beat on brain cells. Go with which has the games that are most appealing to you, regardless of what money-hungry corporation puts the box out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xbox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have all three and i will always say gamecube.i find the most enjoyment from my cube games,honestly i dont ever see anything on xbox that looks fun.i work in a used place so i try everything and i never feel the need to own anything out there.i know it comes down to what you want to play game wise but i wonder how many games you will truely buy for the system you decide on.i mean will you buy anything and everything or just a few titles?it seems like while the xbox has more titles they also have more titles that are poor and not worth your time.i sure would hate for you not to play:re4,re0,re,zelda,zelda2,animalcrossing,metroi d,metroid2,mariosunshine(which i find to be overly stepped over),beach spikkers,cubivore,wariowear,mario party5,metalgearsoid:ts,harvest moon,geist,mario kart,viewtiful joe,etc.,

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I'm of the consensus that in the end, what matters is which console has more 1st party/exclusive titles that interest you. If the number is high for both consoles, get either one now and the other later. If it's not even close, go for the winner.

Personally, there aren't enough Xbox titles that interest me to warrant getting the console, while I love my GameCube.

The second thing to consider is the controller and your priorities. You know how the GCN controller is. Rent or borrow an Xbox and see if you like the controller. As for other priorities (ie. peripherals/accessories), do you prefer online or offline gaming (and if you dig online gaming, do you mind paying a monthly fee)? Do you have a DVD player or not? That should also be factors to consider. Do you already have a GBA? If not, would you even be interested in playing GBA games at home without the portability function?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Gamecube

Oh yeah, Xbox too.