Thread: Value of Star Wars Trilogy LD boxed set?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Value of Star Wars Trilogy LD boxed set?

I have a chance to pick up the Star Wars Trilogy boxed laserdisc set in a trade. What is the approximate cash value of the set? I want to be able to make a fair offer and really don't have an accurate idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If it's the Definitive Collection, $80.

If it's the Special Edition, $100.

Those are rough ballpark figures. These sets both can go anywhere between $50-200 for each, and trust me I know. I followed these sets for about 3 months not long ago on eBay till I finally got one. Personally I would pay up to $120 for the Definitive, and $80 for the SE.

All that said. The Definitive Collection while usually less, is the best set imo. It has a collectors book which is really nice, and one of a kind extra material including the famous director's commentary! It's a GREAT collectors set, and truly worth having! Not to mention they are the original untouched beautiful versions. Even if Dvd versions of it came out it would still be worth having cause it's so nice.

The Special Edition set will probably be outdated by the dvd versions soon, and there are no real extras included in that set other than the movies and basic supplement material "pretty crap on extras". Still very good picture and sound on this set though, and the best you're gonna find for now.

So if it's the Definitive Collection definitely try to get it! Though the SE version ain't bad either. One more positive thing about the SE version of both of these laserdisc sets "since i'm ripping on it so bad " is that there are less discs, therefore less flipping.