Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Squaresoft 1999 Racing Lagoon : High Speed Driving RPG

Hi there
    Japan Import PS1
    does anyone here know of any website that has some Translations
    or walkthrugh for the game.Any info that could be translated .
    I've hand no luck with yahoo or google etc.
    Any suggestins on where to look for help with Jap games for English speakers.??
    I love imports and i play to the extent that i can get some clues of what i'm doing in a game cause sometimes they use English for some key points in the games but ther than that its hard to know what you're doing.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you check Gamefaqs? If there's nothing there than your probably out of luck and aren't any guides for it in english. Generally a good majority of import RPGs your not going to find any faqs for them. You could try searching Japanese site and see if anything comes up but than you'll still need a way to understand what they say.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man...I have been looking for that game for the longest time. Just haven't got luck so far to find and get it. Lucky you.

How do you find the game? Had the chance to play a little bit with it?

IcewynG

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well i'm soo sad to say that back in 1999 i bought it NEW from a import/anime game store that i frequent for $80 and some change and after i played it for some time i "Backed it Up" and resold it.I feel soooooo bad now cause i just started collecting and 5 years ago i had like 250-300 games originals that now i only have the copys.Anyway i'm off topic.
    I now have 67 of the first Long Boxed versions and about 100 PS1's ORIGINAL.I'm collecting now.
    So the game in question:
    Ive beaten it twice.I just started to play it again in a CRAZY ALL LEVELs UP type of style.Basicly you won't have any trouble understanding it cause all the main things are in English and Numerals eaven during the game play and the conversations parts they use lots of English mixed in with Jap.But i simply was looking for a walk thrugh so that i manage to see where and wahat to do to get all the items and side quests.I'm just tired of blindly saving and trying different options {whenever the game asks you to make a choice}
    and replaying the whole sequence 3-4 times.

Anyway ,Azaze wich Jap sites??
    Can i use a translator over the html?
    I just cant find any to translate too, it's like the US search engine cant pick up if Jap folks are discussing this game on any forums too....
    ARGHHHH

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Azazel, i saw yuor posts in one more topic that i'm itrested in FM Towns cause i collect Sierra and LucasArts games too and i happen to have Zak Mackracken for the FM......any way in your post you say that you understand the language......do you own a copy of Racing Lagoon..........Would you be willing to translate it for me...only the Conversations ......nothing else...I just realy realy want to get the story behind the great game ...i'm a Initial D big time fan too and this is like the perfect game for me....
    I'm intrested in the translation in a Movie Script type form only..

Long shot a..

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry don't have any interest in the game myself.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coudn't hurt asking

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry I missed your post above.

Simple answer is that there are a couple of online translator programs but most of them don't do a very good job with translating Japanese. Context plays a very big part of the lanugage and a one Kanji can have like 10 different meaning depending on the context that it is used. Those online programs can't decide on which of the meaning to use based on the contect that it is used. If you want to just look up a word or Kanji for menus and that sort they can do an alright job. Although your better just to use Edict or Goo and use a dictionary program like that.

As for searching for a site with info. Don't search in english ie type in Racing Lagoon into a search engine. Most likely all you'll find is some gameshark codes if even that much. Type in the title in Japanese. There's several way/programs you can use do that like NJ Star, Microsofe IME etc. Also most search engine will have an option on what country/language to search for in. Obviously change it to Japanese to get better results. The Japanese don't have anything like Gamqfaqs that houses faqs for all different kind of games and systems. Not to mention a lot of unkown or not popular games you won't find a guide for them after hours of searching. The best thing you might run a cross is a site with a search engine that has link to other sites that might have information on a given title like this one.

gameha.com/

It's also worth noting that the Japanese don't call them faqs, guides they just call them captures which is a literal translation of the Kanji compound. Some of the search engines will allow you to define your search and just search for CG, BB, captures etc. Since Gamers Ternminix went down I really don't of any good places that you could try searching

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But would i have to have my PC type in Kanji or i can search in English.??

I'm sorry i see that youre trying to help me but this is soo not my "home waters"

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have to type the name in Japanese. English you won't find much of anything. You have to type the name however it's written in Japanese on the cd case or the title screen. Be it Kanji, Katakana, or Hiragana. I don't how the title is written myself.

Something that might be easier is to go to Square JP or SCEA sites and find the game listed on there website. Than just copy or paste that into a search engine. Might be easier than tring to type the title name out yourself.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel
    You have to type the name in Japanese. English you won't

Something that might be easier is to go to Square JP or SCEA sites and find the game listed on there website. Than just copy or paste that into a search engine. Might be easier than tring to type the title name out yourself.
    Rigth on i'll try that..:-)