Thread: How do I prevent someone from bidding on my auctions?

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Default How do I prevent someone from bidding on my auctions?

I sell items from the game Ultima Online on a semi-regular basis. This involves exchanging ICQ numbers to set up a time and a place to meet in the game in order for the bidder to receive the item. Without getting into too much detail, I have a sort-of "stalker" now...he bids and wins on my items, pays for them, and while we're both on ICQ to set up a meeting he'll basically be begging AGAIN to want to meet in person. (He lives about a half-hour away from me.) I have told him several times that I was not interested but he keeps persisting, even going so far as to e-mailing me pics of himself (clothed, thank God) and e-mailing me his whole sad little life story. I don't want to change ICQ numbers because I have a few other regular customers besides this loser.

How the heck do I block this guy from bidding? It would probably be a lot easier to do that than to keep refunding his money...and this last time he left me a neutral feedback for absolutely no freakin' reason except that he was pouting that he couldn't talk to me again.

Help!

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

click on selling in My Ebay, then at the bottom of the page down in the selling related links section there is a link that says Block or pre-approve certain bidders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That guy is STILL bugging you? Jeez!

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kristine,

All I want to do is meet you and be your friend. What's your problem? Did you not like my pics?

Why won't you love me?

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Click here for all you need to know Kris. It's saved me many a headzche:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-block.html
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Let's just hope he's not smart enough to know how to make new accounts on the fly.

Damn, some people don't know when to take a hint.

dave

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Melllllllllllanie... what can the problem be? Sweet Mellllllllllllllanie, why won't you go out with me?

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    Yup. And after I told him I was dating Mayhem he says "Oh he'll never know!" and then "Well do you have any single friends?"

He's blocked now, thanks everyone.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of the Felines
    Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    Yup. And after I told him I was dating Mayhem he says "Oh he'll never know!" and then "Well do you have any single friends?"

He's blocked now, thanks everyone.

Kristine
    Heh, and I was just about to suggest you give him the name/number of the next idiot at work to piss you off

It's a good thing he hasn't traced you back to DP and found out you work at Quiznos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why not just raise your prices anf hope that the damn fool keeps bidding and paying you? So you have to deal with his idiotic worship for a few minutes as you trade your goods? His money is as good as anyone elses and you never have to actually meet him. Especially if he's willing to pay more than others.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

So just because they may pay you some more money to buy your items, its ok for them to harass you??? You know good and well that should QoF raise her prices that this person would pay them, he wants to talk to her, he wont give up on trying to meet her, and is looking for any way possible to get as close to her in real life as possible. Also with raising her prices, she looses out on other potential customers because she is trying to protect herself from a cyber stalker. She doesnt need to change her life to accomidate this dumbass who wont get a clue.

Kristine: Just hang around Dangerboy, he keeps getting speedin tickets, so the 5-0 can protect you as well as take his money.

I think that if he ever found the boards ::knock on wood:: he would slip up fast, and after a few innapropate PM's or posts he'd get banned right quick.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe you should get a restraining order against the guy. You also could contact eBays customer support and let them know that the guy is harrassing you. If he bids on your stuff again under a different eBay name you can have him kicked off of eBay since you have blocked his ID.

If he keeps giving you trouble, I would try to think of some really bad story to try to get this guy to stay away from you. Maybe you could tell him that you are a chick with a dick and that you HIV positive and that your husband doesn't really know that you are a guy, but that you are going on the Jerry Springer show to tell him. Thiink of anything that is crazy and maybe the guy will leave you alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    So just because they may pay you some more money to buy your items, its ok for them to harass you??? You know good and well that should QoF raise her prices that this person would pay them
    You right, he probably will pay the higher price, which is exactly why she should raise her prices. What's the big deal? You meet with the guy in a chat roon for five minutes to exchange goods, ignore all of his pathertic personal advances and log off once the goods were traded. Its not as if she has to meet this guy in person to deliver his wins. You're telling me that your skin is so thin that you couldn't ignore a fool for a few minutes if it ment making a good deal more on your auctions then you would have otherwise?

Point him to some of my auctions. I'll chat with him for 10 minutes and take his $$$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    So just because they may pay you some more money to buy your items, its ok for them to harass you??? You know good and well that should QoF raise her prices that this person would pay them
    You right, he probably will pay the higher price, which is exactly why she should raise her prices. What's the big deal? You meet with the guy in a chat roon for five minutes to exchange goods, ignore all of his pathertic personal advances and log off once the goods were traded. Its not as if she has to meet this guy in person to deliver his wins. You're telling me that your skin is so thin that you couldn't ignore a fool for a few minutes if it ment making a good deal more on your auctions then you would have otherwise?

Point him to some of my auctions. I'll chat with him for 10 minutes and take his $$$
    I'm not sure how ICQ works, but why should someone feel like they can't log onto a chat program to chat with other friends because of one person? It bites to be harassed, and there's no hard and fast way to block them, since in this day and age it seems like everyone has 5 different screen names.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Griking

I take it then that you've never been harassed. There isnt an amount of money that makes it ok to deal with this person, who is offering constantly unwanted advances. You can have a thick skin, thats not the thing, but when you tell them to leave you alone, and they do not it grinds on you, is emotionally draining and only impacts your daily life.

Like Achika said, people have numerious screen names now adays. So to block this persons SN wouldnt do anything. He'd just use another one, and there should be NO reason that you should accomidate this dumbass in any way shape or form. Him gettting to talk to Kristine is him winning, and he does not deserve anything remotely close to that.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry to be the one to say it but if this guy is hell bent on stalking her then he's going to do it regardless whether she sells to him or not so she may as well take his money. I'm honestly not familiar with ICQ but every other chat program I've used before had an "iignore" feature. If he messages her outside of a deal then ignore him. If he messages her with a different screen name then ignore that one as well and so on and so on. Should she have to deal with this? Probably not but the internet is full of trolls and we all have to deal with them from time to time. Eventually this troll will tire of handing over all of his money and move on to someone to pays him more attention.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Also if she takes his money and completes the trade it gives him satisfaction, he feels his plot has worked because it has and he'll only keep harassing her. I remember I had one guy stalk me for over a year, and yeah that's a long fucking time but eventually he gave up after repeated rejections. At the begining I felt bad to be "mean" to him but after awhile that wore off... some guys are just really fucking stubborn.
    ________
    Cheap Magazine Double Eagle Airsoft Electric
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 09:04 AM.