Thread: New Nintendo Power is bursting with RPG Articles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Default New Nintendo Power is bursting with RPG Articles

PSO 1 & 2, Zelda GBA, Zelda GCN, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Evolution Worlds, Lunar Legend have their own respective pages & screenshots.

Oh, and a $5 coupon for Best Buy. I'm not sure if non-subscribers will get this, but NP subscribers should be getting a Batman comic & 2 Pokemon-e Cards.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am an ex subscriber to nintendo power, but they stil snd me stuff like that sometimes.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I think i'll pick the issue up then for old-times sake tommorrow.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

I'm curiuos as to what you think of Nintendo Power as a magazine (those of you who subscribe or pick it up occasionally)?

More specifically, in comparison to "The Official Xbox Magazine." I have never read anything *so* biased before. It annoys me to no end. I bought it because of the demo disc. I gave it a second chance. But I just can't read something so insanely biased. Obviously they're going to tout their own wares, but the constant sniping at the other manufacturers is totally unnecessary.

I get OUSPSM delivered (with demo disc of course) and I've never noticed them sniping Nintendo or Microsoft. So I'm curious as to where NP fits into that spectrum. OUSPSM or OXM?
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I think they only slightly compare their line-up to PS 2 and XBox when discussing hardware issues, not usually when discussing games. But they don't outright bash the other systems like OXM does.

I've liked the magazine for the past 11 years that I've been a member because there is so much bang-for-your-buck with each issue.Reviews, strategies for atleast three games, previews of what's coming out, scoup on what's in development. They've recently brought back Epic Center as we knew it 6 years ago: previewing Japanese RPG's that might come here. And the new issues have digipen how-to articles.

I can't read an issue of OXM without getting thouroughly pissed off. Yes they are extremely biased against other systems, bringing out numbers everytime. But look at Bruce Lee, did that take full advantage of the XBox specs? Har Har....NO! Another reason I can't read that mag is because they pack each sentence so full of slang it's sort of insulting to readers. And it's not only OXM, it's also the damn retail demos they send to stores, letters that Microsoft writes us, and the retail rewards website. I buy the magazine for the demo, and just toss the reading part aside. If I ever see those 2 XBox live kids from the retail demo commercial, I'm going to plug the XBox live kits up their a--.

Can't say much for OUSPSM, because I don't subscribe and I don't play my Playstation 1 & 2 as much compaired to other systems. But the best demo discs that have ever been sent out IMO are the Dreamcast demos that came with the ODC. :wink: