Thread: backing up dreamcast games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default backing up dreamcast games

does anyone know how to or where from I can get info on how to copy a dreamcast game to cd-r? I'm thinking I can just pop the DC disk into my computer and make a .cdi out of it with diskjuggler and them burn it to CD, will this work? Any andvice would be helpfull. And also I am only interested in doing this for personal use only, I don't intend to sell or distribute the copys, and if anyone know how to backup a saturn game too that would also be helpfull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cannot be done without specialized hardware, ie a DC connected to a PC.

The only way to obtain backups of DC games you already own is to download them, or borrow and copy a copy already on CDR from someone.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

like the wise Omnedon said, you have to download the images first, because the connection of the DC to the computer requires specialized cables to do so. I was doing just what you are doing right now. Let me get you some tips and advice.
    DO NOT use Disc Juggler, but rather Alcohol 120%, which is made specialized for this sort of thing. It will read all of cdi images you download and the nrg (Nero).
    A site to download some from is www.suprnova.org but to download there, you must download BitTorrent, which in my humble opinion is a cool device. Many games are there.
    WinRAR is the software used for compression in the DC cd images area so pick that up if you don't have it already.
    When you burn your cd images, burn at the lowest possible speed, preferably 1x if your burner can go that slow (I know some can't).
    Last thing, make sure your Dreamcast is compatible with burned games, that way your not wasting your time, or you can modify so it can.

Overall, Good Luck, and if you have any questions, give me a jingle!