Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation One (PAL) Releases Question?

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playstation One (PAL) Releases Question?

Does anyone know any PAL Playstation One games that were not released in the UK.

Thanks

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

The only one I can think of off-hand would be Shane Warne Cricket '99, but it's basically Australia's version of Brian Lara Cricket.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure there are some german games not released anywhere else, but i have no idea which

was "Ballerburg" released in the UK, well, maybe under a different name, so you might not be able to even tell...
    -Jan

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, Germany is probably the only PAL country wth some exclusive games. Maybe France coz i think they had that crazy taxi (DC) and a smurfs games (sms?) , but im totally going on guess work.

As for Australia: as qof said warney cricket is the only one im aware of. There werent any AFL games for psone, but i think there may have been an NRL game (i could be getting confused with 16-bit though).

Maybe another aus member (that likes NRL) can verify that im thinking 16-bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatescape
    Yea, Germany is probably the only PAL country wth some exclusive games. Maybe France coz i think they had that crazy taxi (DC) and a smurfs games (sms?) , but im totally going on guess work.
    That's 'Taxi 2: le Jeu', that was France-only (DC).
    The first Smurfs SMS game was for sale throughout Europe, while the ultra-rare sequel is anyone's guess.
    France also saw the only release of 'Dragonball Z: L'Appel du Destin' for the Megadrive.

As for Australia: as qof said warney cricket is the only one im aware of. There werent any AFL games for psone, but i think there may have been an NRL game (i could be getting confused with 16-bit though).
    There's a few Aus/NZ-only Megadrive games, but no NRL ones (as far as I know). The Oz exclusives are:

Daze Before Christmas
    Dick Vitale's "Awesome, Baby!" College Hoops
    Ecco Jr.
    Fatal Fury 2
    LaRussa Baseball '95
    MLBPA Baseball
    NBA Showdown '94
    Shane Warne Cricket
    Shane Warne Cricket V2

Again, the Shane Warne games are just antipodean versions of Brian Lara Cricket & its sequel.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There IS a rugby game for psone: Jonah Lomu rugby, but its rugby union so it probably did get a uk release.

And of course, it stars none other than New Zealand Rugby star Jonah Lomu
    There's a few Aus/NZ-only Megadrive games, but no NRL ones (as far as I know). The Oz exclusives are:

Daze Before Christmas
    Dick Vitale's "Awesome, Baby!" College Hoops
    Ecco Jr.
    Fatal Fury 2
    LaRussa Baseball '95
    MLBPA Baseball
    NBA Showdown '94
    Shane Warne Cricket
    Shane Warne Cricket V2
    I didnt know that. Thanks
    Are you positive Fatal Fury 2 got a release here? Ive never been able to find it (a couple of asian copies have been on ebay though).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are you positive Fatal Fury 2 got a release here? Ive never been able to find it (a couple of asian copies have been on ebay though).
    Well, all of the 3 or 4 copies I've seen have been from down-under (and they weren't Asian copies, either).
    It's pretty hard-to-find, but Vroomfunkel was selling one on eBay a couple of months back (finished at around £20, with no manual).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was Power Rangers: Neo (Pinball) a German only release? As I have only ever seen it on the German Ebay.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A friend of mine has a copy of Autobahn Raser for PSX. Considering the spelling in the title I doubt if it was released in the UK.

see here:
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...907073-2285335

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Parodius this has got to be a Germany only release, from the makers of the London Racer series and also Europe Racer & USA Racer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinsair
    Thanks Parodius this has got to be a Germany only release, from the makers of the London Racer series and also Europe Racer & USA Racer.
    actually, speaking of it, Davilex (that's the publisher and dev) is a Dutch company and the original game in the LONG PAINFUL Autobahn Raser (there are already PS2 games) series is called "A2 Racer" or something like that and only features a Dutch Highway which let's me guess that it was only released in the Netherlands (i've seen the PC version over there)

Autobahn Raser leads me to some more possible germany-only games i didn't think of:

"Alarm für Cobra 11"
    and "Medicopter 117" or something like that, both named after german tv-series
    -Jan

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm

Yep, I did sell a Fatal Fury 2 not long back - it's the only one I've seen, and I got it from Oz. I have my suspicions though that quite a few of the games that are apparently Australia only, were actually available from Germany and imported to Australia. For example, the PAL Mega CD Samurai Shodown ... thought to have possibly been an Australia only, but one recently showed up on ebay.de (plus I have also heard that a number of Samurai Shodown games on various platforms were only released in PAL format in Germany). Of course that probably doesn't apply to things like Shane Warne Cricket, but things like Daze Before Christmas, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special (Mega CD) and Ecco Junior, I do wonder about those ones.

I have bought a number of PAL Sega games from Australia in the past and found quite a few of them to be apparently German in origin, which is what sparked my suspicions. THere seems to have been a lot coming out of the woodwork on ebay.de recently, so I am keeping my eyes peeled!

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel
    Of course that probably doesn't apply to things like Shane Warne Cricket, but things like Daze Before Christmas, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special (Mega CD) and Ecco Junior, I do wonder about those ones.
    especially as the SNES version of Daze was also released here, germany is a pain in the ass for weird releases, that's a fact, i wish i had some more really reliable german mags to prove some releases the problem is that the collection scene is quite young over here (well, not NES and Atari, but everything else just started here) and there are not too many experts, i don't know a REAL MD expert at all, i know 1-2 people who know a lot, but not everything, hell, I(!!) am considered an expert by quite a lot of people over here in the scene but i don't think i know anything at all to be honest.

i do not even want to guess if there are any mail-order games for older systems or whatever no one knows about, the german game market is a big unknown world at the moment, but i'm doing my best to gather as much knowledge as possible!
    -Jan

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You probably already thought of this, but if the games are indeed Australian only then theres a pretty good chance they were manufactured here by ozisoft.
    Most of the sega made mega drive (and MS) games i have were manufactured by ozisoft and say either "made in australia" or "Sega Ozisoft" on the back of the cart. Ecco Jr and Daze before christmas were reviewed by the australian sega magazine (Megazone), but thats not really very conclusive at all..

Oh, and sorry about the thread hijack tinsair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You probably already thought of this, but if the games are indeed Australian only then theres a pretty good chance they were manufactured here by ozisoft.
    Indeedy - my copy of Ecco Jr is by Sega Ozisoft (it's the only one of the Oz(?)-only games I've got).
    I was quite surprised to see that this did get a PAL release, since none of the other Genesis 'Kids Club' games did. I guess Ecco has better brand-name recognition than Berenstein Bears or something...

edit: Joel, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that Fatal Fury 2 have the 1-800 Ozisoft helpline number on the cart label? That would certainly suggest that it was an Aussie release. (I may be imagining this though )

Um.. yeah, sorry Tinsair, I think we've drifted a bit off-topic here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Um.. yeah, sorry Tinsair, I think we've drifted a bit off-topic here...
    just a little bit
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't worry thegreatescape Im intersested in PAL MD & MCD games too, was Fatal Fury Special an Aussie only title?
    Also thanks Hydr0x for those 3 PSX games

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

was Fatal Fury Special an Aussie only title?
    Unfortunately i dont own a MegaCD, so i dont own any games which means im not sure if they were manufactured by ozisoft (same deal as the Mega Drive games i'd imagine).
    Seems like the only way to know if they were released here is if they have the ozisoft manufacuting tag on the cart/cd (as with ecco jr), so i guess we need somebody that owns the game to confirm.

Come to think of it there might be somebody on the *shudder* gamefaqs board who might know- "skylineR32". I also think he might have sold a good deal of his collection on ebay too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems like the only way to know if they were released here is if they have the ozisoft manufacuting tag on the cart/cd (as with ecco jr), so i guess we need somebody that owns the game to confirm.
    this is only partly correct, i received a bunch of aussie-only md games a while back and the EA ones have no Ozisoft info BUT if you look into the manual at the warranty info you can see they published it to Australia & New Zealand also
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Possibly not, since, as Vroom said, there was recently a MCD Samurai Shodown on the German eBay (which was also thought to be Aus-only), so there may be Euro copies after all. Either way, it's very rare and well worth grabbing if you see it - the German Samurai Shodown sold for €150!