Thread: I got scumbagged

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I got scumbagged

I found out today that a few months ago my wife tried to buy the Legend of Zelda collectors disk from a seller on ebay. He sent her an email a few WEEKS later stating that he did not have the merchandise, and that he was the middle man in a deal that went sour with someone else. A full refund was promised. Here it is four months later, and still no response, or money. This is his Email Adress, Xfiles2485@aol.com. His ebay ID is simmilar. If you come across this pitifull bastard, DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!!!

Thank you

Jay

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So she was going to buy the Zelda Collectors Disk...the one that's overpriced like a mother on eBay?

How much did she spend?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well over thirty bucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Hey jezt, if I could get you to put this also in the eBay black list here it would garuantee that it won't be shuffled off the page and lost in a few days.

I tried to find his eBay ID, but that email address must not be registered anymore.

And one more thing, cmosfm: was that really necessary? His wife was doing a pretty nice thing.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    And one more thing, cmosfm: was that really necessary? His wife was doing a pretty nice thing.
    Knowing Chris as well as I do, I don't think he was trying to be a jerk. I think he was just curious at how muich she paid knowing that there overpriced.

Dude sorry to hear you got scammed. Did you ever get a copy? It's a pretty kick ass compilation.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried to find his eBay ID, but that email address must not be registered anymore.
    I thought ebay doesn't allow you to search for users by their email anymore - the only exception being if you had a recent transaction with them.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That really sucks man =(. I've had a transaction where I did not get my item and it just sucks not being able to do anything about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    Knowing Chris as well as I do, I don't think he was trying to be a jerk. I think he was just curious at how muich she paid knowing that there overpriced.
    The point isn't wether you know him or not, jezt is rather new here (amongst others) and the point is to grow as a community and make new users feel welcome, not make smart-alleck rude comments towards them. You can make an inquiry as to the price without the comment.

Besides, unlike some of the other new users that have come lately, jezt tone and manner were not asking for any comment like that.

ebay gremlin: use the search tab > search for member. At the very bottom of the page, you can enter their email address and use the number image to confirm the inquiry. I used DP's email as a test and it came up (I don't think I've dealt with him on eBay before...if so it was years ago) and the person mentioned above was invalid.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    That really sucks man =(. I've had a transaction where I did not get my item and it just sucks not being able to do anything about it.
    Get the persons phone number by requesting there info. Then call them.
    Midwest

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did end up getting the disk from someone else. And I am about to do all the things you guys suggested, thank you. Its kinda messed up though, becuase It would seem to me that a person could pull this kind stuff on a bumch of people om Ebay, collect their cash and dissapear. This cant be right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should contact the members who gave negative feedback (some of who seemed to get a refund). There was a lot of negs filed about this person so someone should have better information, maybe even live near him.

Ebay and PayPal don't (in most cases) give a shit but you're not alone with this one, there's a lot of motivated/pissed guys out there.

"I never should the games I sold and I have replaced them but they are not the game just a hollow shell of the same game." -RugalSizzler

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    The point isn't wether you know him or not, jezt is rather new here (amongst others) and the point is to grow as a community and make new users feel welcome, not make smart-alleck rude comments towards them. You can make an inquiry as to the price without the comment.

Besides, unlike some of the other new users that have come lately, jezt tone and manner were not asking for any comment like that.
    I'm late chiming in on this one aren't I? lol, either way, no...I wasn't being a smart-aleck toward him. After I re-read it I can see how you would think I was but believe me, it was 100% NOT intentional.

Sorry to confuse you there.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is quite all right. Son of a bitch still hasnt given us our money back though!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jezt
    It is quite all right. Son of a bitch still hasnt given us our money back though!!!
    Unfortunately, you probably never will. The most you can do is warn us so it doesn't happen again.

If your wife paid by credit card, have the company back charge it to try and get your money back.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Word