Hi!

Now I need some help here. In preparation for a big event coming in the next few months, I am planning to have a new ColecoVision game released. But since I have four games mostly finished in the pipeline, I would like to ask you guys to tell me which of those game you would like to see released.
The games are:

- Yie Ar Kung-Fu
- Ping-Pong
- King's Valley
- Road Fighter

I will try to give a few details about each of the above games.

Yie Ar Kung-Fu is obviously a fighting game, the grandfather of Street Fighter series. In this game you are Lee and must confront the 5 fighters of the Chop Suey Triad Gang, in order to restore peace to Imperial China. It isn't a direct port of the popular arcade game (where the main character was Oolong), but an almost completely diferent game, from the different fighters and scenary to the different moves available. This version was created at the same time as the arcade version and was released for both the MSX and Famicom. Since the MSX version used less ROM space than the Famicom version, the female fighter Lang ended getting a not so good graphic tratment in the MSX (the remaining characters and graphics got similar tratment). It is now corrected, as the Famicom Lang was incorpored into the CV version. In addition, Konami released two versions of this game. In the first version it was easy to use a few cheap tricks in order to get perfect scores against your opponents. Also, the game didn't get really harder after you had fight all opponents. Version 1.1 corrected those problems, so my version is based on this build. A nice challenging bonus stage completes the game. This game sold like hot cakes in Japan when it was released and a sequel was released shortly after (just for the MSX).

Ping-Pong isn't so simplistic as it can sound at first. It's based on a Konami arcade game (available in MAME), and I can say it looks, sounds and play very, very closely to the arcade version. Rules are simple, first player to win two matches of 21 points each will take it. Just the hands handling the racquet are shown on screen. You have 3 basic moves: cut (slow ball with some effect), drive (fast, straight ball) and smash (the fastest, but ball needs to be high). In addition, it's possible to switch from forehand to backhand and with good timing it's possible to place the ball in the undefended area of your opponent's side of the table. There 5 levels of difficult, and the computer gets really tought after level 2. This game requires a big dose of reflex, timing and strategy. Beside, it's probably the best sport game available for the MSX and versions of this game were also released for the C64 and Spectrum in UK. The CV version added legs to the table, a graphic detail omited in the MSX version. A killer head-to-head game.

Road Fighter is based on the famous racing arcade game of same name. Here will need to endure a race throught 6 different tracks, ranging from beach to desert and snow. The game is just limited by gas, but if you crash you will loose gas. The nice thing here is that touching a opponent car doesn't necessarily mean you will crash. Your car will slide for a split of a second, but you can still get it back to track if you performe the right maneuver. Otherwise it will spin and crash against the guard-rail. And keep an open eye for oil spots and trucks. In addition you need to stay catching gas suppliments which will show up from time to time, otherwise it's game over. This game feature pretty graphics, furiously fast gameplay and will require a lot of quick reflexes. Not a easy game. A tune was missing in the MSX version of the map screen but it was now added back in the CV version. A semi-official sequel was released years later (F1 Spirit).

King's Valley is an action/platform/puzzle game where you take the hole of a pyramid explorer in search of hidden treasures. But it won't be easy task. The treasures are hidden in different places inside a pyramid and you will need a lot of thinking and some tools (like pickaxes) in order to collect them all. In your way there are traps, like rotating doors and closing walls, and mummies, lots of mummies. Tools are scarce so you need to plan your strategy carefully. Mummies add a lot of fun to this game, since they act differently based on their color (like the ghosts in Pac-Man). Some mummies are fast and smart, others will be slow and just wander around, and some will go up and down stairs in warp speed. Fortunatelly there is a throwing knife to protect you. After collecting all treasures in a pyramid you are allowed to go to the next one. There are more than a dozen pyramids to explore, and some of them will be two screens wide. This game features one of the most memorable Konami tunes and it was so sucessful in Japan that a sequel was released years later.