Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do anyone know about how many games in North America?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Which PSX games are still coming out? Will Madden get released for the PSX again this year? Think all the games will be out by Christmas and we can finally put the system to rest?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nintendo-person, I don't understand why you'd write
    I really dont want argue with stupid number but I will find out by myself for research project.
    That makes no sense. You asked for help finding out how many games were released, but you don't seem to want a precise answer. Is there something wrong with that? Even if you don't like unlicensed/"pirate" games the lists you reference are wrong.

Maybe it's just a grammar thing, but this looks bad in ANY language.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Do anyone know about how many games in North America?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler
    They also do not list, for obvious reasons, unlicensed games that were released in the US by Sachen, Wisdom Tree & Rocket Games.
    Whoa whoa, hold the phone. If we're counting Gameboy Sachen titles as U.S. releases, then why the hell do I have to move the NES stuff to import?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't see where he says you have to move stuff to import. The obvious reason would be that Nintendo doesn't want to give any credibility to unlicensed game manufacturers. Simple. It's nothing about whether we should put it in the system or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    I don't see where he says you have to move stuff to import. The obvious reason would be that Nintendo doesn't want to give any credibility to unlicensed game manufacturers. Simple. It's nothing about whether we should put it in the system or not.
    I think he's talking about the guide, and all the arguing about where Sachen games go.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, that original quote by mikeetler is more or less how I feel about it - Nintendo has good reasons for not acknowledging the Sachen or Wisdom Tree games, but we're above that. If folks are saying that these games (sold in the US, and weren't the Wisdom Tree games even made here, which makes them more domestic than most NES carts made in Japan?) should be moved to an import list...well...that's wrong, given this information. You're right if there's a subtext here that I'm not seeing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'd also disagree with moving the Sachen games to the import-section, hell, these games were not even released outside of the US most of the time afaik (although i know some sachen gb multi-carts sold here)
    -Jan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Buddy
    Sega did have a Dreamcast check list on their site, but it's not there now. Here is a link to the PDF file:

http://www.segamobile.com/images/dre..._checklist.pdf

what you talking about Nintendo's word? I dont understand what you talking about? If you have a problem with me then get out! out of my face! You should read FIRST POST! I didn't say only Nintendo.....
    Not that she needs someone talking for her, but she meant you can't trust the Nintendo list as 100% correct. It's just like the Sega Dreamcast list, it's missing at least one game.

AND

Is it just me, or is this person coming off as a bit rude? Maybe it's just the language barrier... I'm guessing English is not you native language. You'll get more help being nice, not an a-hole.
    True, I know what you mean You talking about Licensed or Unlicensed.

example, I did said PS had 1,223 games then someone said in differenet number but its closer number so I did decide to say PS has 1,300 games simple! my point is I know already about Nintendo, PS, PS2 and XBOX but I still curious and research about Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Sega Game Gear, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, 3D0, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari Lynx and More!!!!! Classic Video Games Console should be more than 20 system So I just want to know all system with library of games in North America only but Everybody kept said about PS or XBOX or PS2 or GameCube or Game Boy or Game Boy Color but I really not look for.

Oh Well....... I am not a-hole, I just upset with everybody kept talk about Nintendo or Sony, the truth is I dont want to hear about Nintendo or Sony but This is Freedom. How you know that my language is not first English? but I can read or write english, I know my english was little bad but I am try for my best but I am in the North America, I am born in Canada and I been grew up in Canada. I do not speak in French, I do not speak in Indian language, I do not from International, I do not Terrorists. I am DEAF and My First Language is American Sign Language. Thats why I really not tell anyone if I am deaf because I know all people who is perfect and make of fun on deaf or blind or handicapped or race or country or religion. I just make sure, nobody make of fun on me because I am NOTHING! I'm sorry if I did admit it.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo1978
    ...I know already about Nintendo, PS, PS2 and XBOX but I still curious and research about Sega...

Oh Well....... I am not a-hole, I just upset with everybody kept talk about Nintendo or Sony, the truth is I dont want to hear about Nintendo or Sony but This is Freedom.
    You asked how many games were released in North America for non-current production consoles. You then listed the systems for which you "knew" the numbers for, but your numbers were off. I think everyone was just trying to help you. No need to get frustrated over it.

How you know that my language is not first English? but I can read or write english, I know my english was little bad but I am try for my best but I am in the North America, I am born in Canada and I been grew up in Canada... I am DEAF and My First Language is American Sign Language.
    It's just your written english is pretty bad, which is common with non native english speakers. No one's trying to insult you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    I know you said other companies, but set them aside for a second and concentrate on Nintendo for just this one entry into the post. You seem to be taking the lists that Nintendo gave you as the final total, but Mike is saying that there are other games released that Nintendo did not include on their lists.

And besides that, they did make a mistake by including European-only released games on the US Games listings for the Game Boy.

If you think I have a problem with you, you are mistaken. I'm not trying to argue, when I say "compare their lists with others" I mean compare the list of games that Nintendo has for the Game Boy and the one we've taken great effort to compile for US releases here: http://www.digitpress.com:8080/DP/cmf/listing.cmf
    Hey, I do believe you ..... I thinking Nintendo did gave me FULL list was only Licensed but I will look at Digitpress and I will find out more truth answer. If I really want to know then I will do it. If you mean ONLY Game Boy Series right????? Not NES, SNES and N64? mean all NES, SNES and N64 number is right?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevincure
    Playstation US releases so far: 1280 or 1281 if you count Slam n Jam Sig Ed. as a separate release. I'm not counting minor changes, (Rollcage LE, Lost World Special Edition) but bigger changes like Nascar Legacy certainly get counted.

There are also more titles coming for PSX, but I would put solid money we won't see more than 10 more releases. In any case, the PSX has by far the most released titles of any US system.
    Simple to say .... PS has 1,300 games! lol

I thought PS has only 1,223 and everybody said differenet number too.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Which PSX games are still coming out? Will Madden get released for the PSX again this year? Think all the games will be out by Christmas and we can finally put the system to rest?
    PSX should be still make games and coming out to store, I think so but Madden 2005? Good Question, just look at www.ign.com or www.the-magicbox.com or www.playstation.com .... I really no idea but should be still make games because disc is cheap.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Nintendo-person, I don't understand why you'd write
    I really dont want argue with stupid number but I will find out by myself for research project.
    That makes no sense. You asked for help finding out how many games were released, but you don't seem to want a precise answer. Is there something wrong with that? Even if you don't like unlicensed/"pirate" games the lists you reference are wrong.

Maybe it's just a grammar thing, but this looks bad in ANY language.
    Good Question because everybody said Nintendo List have no perfect so someone said I should looking at Digitalpress list so I am looking at this by very soon. I was trying ask if anyone know but look like everybody know only PS or PS2 or Nintendo or GameCube or Game Boy Series or XBOX thats all. I know about unlicensed or private, I just look for only licensed games. All PS or PS2 or XBOX or GameCube has full licensed games by law but you talking about past on NES or classic games, TRUE! they does have unlicensed or private. If I am right or wrong? anyway You said I did spoke in bad language? I didn't speak in foul language? If you talking about English then I'm Sorry! I am try for my best with this english.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    ...I know already about Nintendo, PS, PS2 and XBOX but I still curious and research about Sega...

Oh Well....... I am not a-hole, I just upset with everybody kept talk about Nintendo or Sony, the truth is I dont want to hear about Nintendo or Sony but This is Freedom.
    You asked how many games were released in North America for non-current production consoles. You then listed the systems for which you "knew" the numbers for, but your numbers were off. I think everyone was just trying to help you. No need to get frustrated over it.

How you know that my language is not first English? but I can read or write english, I know my english was little bad but I am try for my best but I am in the North America, I am born in Canada and I been grew up in Canada... I am DEAF and My First Language is American Sign Language.
    It's just your written english is pretty bad, which is common with non native english speakers. No one's trying to insult you.
    I really not get frustrated, I just enjoy to talk about this because all my friend dont believe me about number thats why I did set up my own project when I done then I will show all my friend that Sony was First Leader and Nintendo was Second Leader because NES did have more games than Sega Master System and SNES did have more games than Sega Genesis but my buddies dont believe me they thought Sega Genesis have lots games more than SNES. PS and PS2 did beat N64 and GameCube but N64 did beat Dreamcast? or Saturn? thats why I did decide myself to take project to PROOF!

Thank You for Honest with me, I do accept it. I am cool with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh Well....... I am not a-hole, I just upset with everybody kept talk about Nintendo or Sony, the truth is I dont want to hear about Nintendo or Sony but This is Freedom. How you know that my language is not first English? but I can read or write english, I know my english was little bad but I am try for my best but I am in the North America, I am born in Canada and I been grew up in Canada. I do not speak in French, I do not speak in Indian language, I do not from International, I do not Terrorists. I am DEAF and My First Language is American Sign Language. Thats why I really not tell anyone if I am deaf because I know all people who is perfect and make of fun on deaf or blind or handicapped or race or country or religion. I just make sure, nobody make of fun on me because I am NOTHING! I'm sorry if I did admit it.
    Understood, but being rude will not get you too far here. You mentioned the numbers Nintendo gave and people were just trying to help with correct numbers, that is all and it went south from there. Now that the Nintendo numbers have been settled lets move on. Just keep in mind some lists are not correct that's all we are saying.

As for why I assumed English wasn't your native language. It comes down to two things, your sentences and you misunderstanding what some of us have said. A lot of people who do not speak English as their first language write like you do (in my experience). I meant nothing by it and if I offended you, I am sorry for that. I was not making fun of you for it, just trying to help this post out. I don't ever recall making fun of someone for being deaf or blind in my life, but I understand your position. I think everyone at some point has been made fun of, or even made fun of someone else. That doesn't make it right, but that's life... and children can be the worst about it. Hell, I've always been fat and people made fun of me until I got older, stronger and would stand up for myself. By high school it was over with, but I'm sure people say things behind my back to this day. All I say to that is... F them!

Please stick around! This is a fantastic site and most everyone is willing to help with a project like this. Just relax a bit and if someone doesn't understand then try to clarify your statements.

For the Dreamcast, (if I counted right) there are 248 regular released games. Then if you want to be accurate, you must add in all the All Star releases and maybe the LE Sonic game. I say maybe because it was not released to the public, just Blockbuster video.

For the Saturn I count 273 which includes the 3 pack and Netlink games.
    What have you done America?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Buddy
    Understood, but being rude will not get you too far here. You mentioned the numbers Nintendo gave and people were just trying to help with correct numbers, that is all and it went south from there. Now that the Nintendo numbers have been settled lets move on. Just keep in mind some lists are not correct that's all we are saying.

As for why I assumed English wasn't your native language. It comes down to two things, your sentences and you misunderstanding what some of us have said. A lot of people who do not speak English as their first language write like you do (in my experience). I meant nothing by it and if I offended you, I am sorry for that. I was not making fun of you for it, just trying to help this post out. I don't ever recall making fun of someone for being deaf or blind in my life, but I understand your position. I think everyone at some point has been made fun of, or even made fun of someone else. That doesn't make it right, but that's life... and children can be the worst about it. Hell, I've always been fat and people made fun of me until I got older, stronger and would stand up for myself. By high school it was over with, but I'm sure people say things behind my back to this day. All I say to that is... F them!

Please stick around! This is a fantastic site and most everyone is willing to help with a project like this. Just relax a bit and if someone doesn't understand then try to clarify your statements.

For the Dreamcast, (if I counted right) there are 248 regular released games. Then if you want to be accurate, you must add in all the All Star releases and maybe the LE Sonic game. I say maybe because it was not released to the public, just Blockbuster video.

For the Saturn I count 273 which includes the 3 pack and Netlink games.
    I really never rude on any people, I just nice guy. You're correct that all number is not perfect. Thats why I am on the research project to find out so project look like not easy to work.

True, I didn't know that you was fat but I just dont like people who is jerk, I just like people who is nice and cool as I do. I am agree with you, you or anyone didn't make fun of me, I just say that I dont want admit to anyone that I am deaf but I did!!!! I just hopefully nobody will say about bad thing on deaf because if anyone did make bad thing on deaf make me anger myself as suffer like I want blow everybody out! make me hero! what I feel like but I don't want. I just say Deaf is not stupid and Deaf is very SMART! Deaf know how to handle it with live or work or whatever is. If Nobody say about deaf then I will feel better. Same thing people did racist on Black or people did racist on Muslim or people did racist on Jewish or people did racist on any religion or handicapped or language or country. I hope you will understand what I mean, I really dont like " racist " all the time, because its was stupid.

Anyway let's back to subject about how many games were released in north america. You said Saturn have 273 games and Dreamcast have 248 games? mean Nintendo 64 did beat Saturn and Dreamcast but PS did beat N64...... very Interesting!!!! Thank You

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, before this topic goes into a wrong direction

1)
    considering you're deaf your written english is pretty good, better than a lot of other deaf people's written texts i've seen, but you should have told us from the beginning as bad english always seems rude.

2)
    TRUST our numbers, they are by far better than any official list and better than almost any other game list on the net, i'm not trying to brag here, it's a fact (and an accepted fact in the collectors world)
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate folks who criticize people's English, especially if it's not the person's first language, but I think there was some pretty obvious hostility here. So to set the record straight - no need to apologize for your grammar as I'm just happy to be able to read what another person has to write, but try not to see things as being angry at you :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Actually, if you aren't looking for specific games, sometimes the search engine is a bit difficult to look at for numbers and such. Here's the old way we had everything compiled (basically what it looks like in book form)

http://www.digitpress.com/lists.htm

Also, it appears to be out of day as far as regular Playstation releases, but for systems that do not have games coming out, I think it's pretty accurate:

http://www.digitpress.com/lists/cartcount.pdf

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler
    They also do not list, for obvious reasons, unlicensed games that were released in the US by Sachen, Wisdom Tree & Rocket Games.
    Whoa whoa, hold the phone. If we're counting Gameboy Sachen titles as U.S. releases, then why the hell do I have to move the NES stuff to import?
    From my point of view, the Gameboy Sachen games (just the black & white 4 in 1's) were released and sold by US distributors during the systems life span. The NES games were "released" some four years after the system was over in the US and not sold through "normal" channels. The Sachen 8 in 1's for GBC are not on the US list as they were not distributed through US distributors.

-Mike