Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $100K videogame collection on ebay!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One more thing - would Sony not have something to say about all those PS2 dev units?

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My question is, if you're listing $100,000 worth of stuff, don't you TAKE SOME GODDAMN PICTURES??!?!!

OK, some of the systems have pictures, yeah it's pretty, but for $100K, I better have one picture of everything together, and about 20-30 more pictures of each lot of stuff as well. Hell, there should be a website set up JUST for this auction if he's serious.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    . By your logic someone with 100 PS2s should not get a lot of money because they are "multiples."
    First off, I have no logic hehe

Second, that is what the collection would be worth to yours truely because I don't want most of that stuff and if I baught all that it would be to make a profit.

The PC engine stuff is nice, I did miss that.

but $100k? uhh.. uhh... that is all
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    My question is, if you're listing $100,000 worth of stuff, don't you TAKE SOME GODDAMN PICTURES??!?!!
    Would you buy a house without walking around it and turning on/off the showers, messing with th AC etc? $100k is a HOUSE people.

This auction is a joke.

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yeah, all those LE's. Espcially the DC ones!
    If I had 100,000 it sure as hell wouldn't go to that lot though. (I really don't do the import thing, with a few exceptions)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow - how would you realistically buy this and get it here? I think it is worth the $100,000 especially when you see that he says there are many more items without pictures. There is no way I'd buy this over Ebay. I would make a conditional deal and then fly to Hong Kong and check it out and ship it by barge or plane from there with me watching everything and insuring it in the U.S. It could be done, but I'd pay the extra for plane tickets and shipping no doubt. I say I, but I don't have an extra $100 at the moment .

Take care,
    RG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all I can say is ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS !!!!

are you kidding me? first of all, the auction will never sell. I mean, come on, at least post a reserve and not a hundred grand opening bid.

The seller has an amazing collection. Is it worth $100,000? Personally, I don't think so. I guess one of us would have to go through the auction item by item and price it up to find out (not me )

The seller states he won't break up the auction, which boggles me. I mean, does he actually think someone will pay $100,000+ and then shipping, I can't even fathom how he will pull off shipping this stuff, especially if it sells over seas.

If I were him, I would hire some 16 year old to list all the items separately on ebay and take care of the S&H. It would be a nice summer job for some kid and he would probably A.) make more in the long run and B.) actually sell the stuff.

IMO of course.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not disputing Lingjr's asking pirce, in fact, it's well worth it, given the time and effort involved getting them.

What I DO NOT understand is the motive of selling basicly part of your life? It's like Joe selling his entire game room, I don't think it'll ever happen. I have complete collections of about 3-4 systems with mid-sized library, I never think of selling/reselling, I'm thinking his motive is either 1 - buying rare stuff for reselling, 2- personal reasons such as finance. Anyone fitting one of the 2 above categories should never be collecting, this is a hobby, not an investment, and collect out of one's common sense.

He can probably get 100K if he sells everything separately. Another puzzle, what games are in the Neo-Geo, PC-Engine, and MegaDrive bunch. ??? on Neo-Geo, if it's 116 cartridges (current complete collection), it can be worth almost as much as $30,000 if all games are in prestine condition. He should also try to sell them (if he wants to get the best possible price) over a long period, I knew couple guys sold all their Neo-Geo AES (80-90 in their collection) and it took almost a year.

Just like a Brit trying to sell all his 80 AES carts , god forbids, hope he gets at least over $10000, else the winner is one lucky SOB.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

CharityCaseGreg is right.
    I remember seeing a website that was linked here on DP not to long ago that had most of these pics showing all this stuff. Ive never seen an assembelance of that much PSOne and PS2 Development Stuff in one place, except for on that site. The site also had those bottles of wine, and all that weird rare N64 DD shit, among all those Limited edition DC's. This is the same person, no doubt.

I also think that should someone bid on this, that it would be purely as this guy has done, to keep em all in boxes and shove em to a museum somewhere. Too bad i dont think all of us here at DP could scrounge all that money together and bring it home here and open a museum ourselves with it.

Even worse is that all of this is just like what kevincure said. It's pure promotion of his stuff without a doubt, but hes testing the waters to see if someone is stupid enough to make an offer on it. If they do, score for him, if not, he keeps it. Hes at no loss eitherway.

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon
    Would you buy a house without walking around it and turning on/off the showers, messing with th AC etc? $100k is a HOUSE people.

This auction is a joke.
    I dont know where you live, but 100K wont buy a 1/4 of a house here, and im not talking about mansions, im talking normal sized houses. Move 2 hours away and commute to work, and then ur house is still 200K. But this auction is very much real.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu

I dont know where you live, but 100K wont buy a 1/4 of a house here, and im not talking about mansions, im talking normal sized houses. Move 2 hours away and commute to work, and then ur house is still 200K. But this auction is very much real.
    I live in a little place called "reality" where houses are bartered on.. and luckely for me.. I'm a good haggler and markets right now are whacky to say the least..

Though I rent lol.

$100k in my town will get you a house that is 500k+ in San Diego.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Welcome to North Carolina, where 90k will get you a 2 story, 3 bathroom 4 bedroom house and garage half an hour from downtown Charlotte, pop. half a million.

California is for suckers.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Why some people live in areas that the minimum cost on buying a house is 400K is beyond me, I know theres probably better jobs, but give me the rural area of good ol South Carolina and I'm happy.

Also, a good poing brought up earlier, how realistic is it to actually SHIP all of that stuff here. I mean, a box can only be a certain size before it's considered too big. and at the 90.00 I paid for shipping on just a famicom, Famicom Disk system, and 40 games was ridiculous as it is. Think of the mass amount of boxes and the sheer total cost it would be to get all of this over to some little house in the USA. I can't fathom it. I'm willing to bet shipping alone is close to 25,000.00, no doubt about it.

Also, does this auction have anyone else thinking of how hard it would be to get 100K extra dollars to spend on something like this?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Housing is not cheap up here -- that's why I rent, and I consider myself damn lucky my share of the apartment with heat and water is $400 a month.

As for shipping? Yeah, that would be a lot. $90 for a complete system by AirMail from Asia to North America, and times that by about four to five hundred -- I'd say around one to two thousand to ship.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius
    My impression was that the red one was the most sought after!?

How reliable is Game Choice Club?? I was thinking of plunking down the green for a titler but I know nothing about this place.
    The red STF is probably among the most common. I've seen Sharp Twins with green and bluish trim, but so far the neatest I've seen is an orange "Fire" version that had turbo switches on each controller. Rad.

Game Choice Club sent me a lot of good stuff, but they don't always send best-quality merch (reflected in prices). Sometimes they get orders a bit mixed up. I stopped using them in a bit of a huff due to their incompetence. They had (as of 2003) a site with an online purchase form, you couldn't order via email, yet to find out anything - including if the stuff was truly in stock - you had to email. They don't update the site automatically. Took me months to get my black/red Sharp Twin because it turned out they updated the site the day after I ordered one to reflect the reality that there actually weren't any in their store. It's hard to communicate with them. However, I have gotten some really nice stuff from them, so it's worth a shot. Certainly cheaper than that british site.

As for PapaStu: this legendary page is LingJr's, all the same stuff. Same pics even.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon

This auction is a joke.
    i don't think he's talking about BUYING a house but about BUILDING a house, of course buying one in the middle of a huge city costs a fortune, but building one?? building a very decent (with this i mean a house with rooms for 5 people, dining room, kitchen, living room(s), 2 working rooms, 2-3 speciality rooms (games or whatever) and some more space) costs you 200-300k in Germany, but if you want just a normal small house 100k should be enough...
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    The red STF is probably among the most common. I've seen Sharp Twins with green and bluish trim, but so far the neatest I've seen is an orange "Fire" version that had turbo switches on each controller. Rad.
    i think you're right about the red one, the red one is the only one i've seen several times on european ebays

@shipping
    mh i dunno, but i think the best way would be to ask a company that ships loads of stuff by air or sea, like a car manufacturer or whatever and ask them if you can ship a container of stuff with their stuff, that shouldn't cost THAT much, the buyer would have to pick up the stuff with a truck of course, but hey, if he can spend 100k that shouldn't be a problem...
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Holy cow

First I have to say is Holy Cow

Next, I have to say that it is worth it, but then again.....who is gonna buy this?

Whoever it is, they are getting a ton of oober rare stuff in one shot!

If someone was smart they would buy this lot and open a musuem for video games!

It is offical now, collecting rare video games is expensive!
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sort of off topic, but is housing really that cheap down south? If I rented a small studio in Boston for four years of college, that's 50 grand right there. Hell, a half acre of land in a nice suburb around Boston will run you hundreds of thousands for land alone. I know the Hillel Organization bought a lot that couldn't even have been a half acre down the street from my place for 1.2mil last year, land only.

Now Mass, like California, has an entirely ridiculous housing market, but I'll fly to the damn office if I can get a nice place for 100 grand.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Why some people live in areas that the minimum cost on buying a house is 400K is beyond me, I know theres probably better jobs, but give me the rural area of good ol South Carolina and I'm happy.

Also, a good poing brought up earlier, how realistic is it to actually SHIP all of that stuff here. I mean, a box can only be a certain size before it's considered too big. and at the 90.00 I paid for shipping on just a famicom, Famicom Disk system, and 40 games was ridiculous as it is. Think of the mass amount of boxes and the sheer total cost it would be to get all of this over to some little house in the USA. I can't fathom it. I'm willing to bet shipping alone is close to 25,000.00, no doubt about it.

Also, does this auction have anyone else thinking of how hard it would be to get 100K extra dollars to spend on something like this?
    Moving an entire household from Europe to America costs about $10K with insurance. That includes the moving company showing up at your house. Pack everything into boxes. Carry everything into a 20ft freight container, ship the container, and then unpack everything at the destination.

I don't think this will be all that expensive to ship. Maybe $3K for an LCL shipment(less-than-container load).

Naturally, jobs pay better and there are better jobs in say San Francisco than in Hicksville, USA. But of course living is cheaper where it is less desirable to live(i.e. where there are no jobs) so at the end of the day it probably evens out.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

::stares at screen for a while:: ::homer voice:: mmmm video games.... er yeah all i gotta say is...lets all play the lottery this week lol, if i won some big time lotto money, id so buy that...along with a new house than can hold it all -.o
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com